User Tag List

Thread: Knock from front end when reversing near full lock

Default Knock from front end when reversing near full lock

Hey guys,
    This only happens sometimes, but thought I'd ask if anyone else has had this noise:

Sometimes when reversing near full lock, theres just one 'knock' from the front of the car, almost like the front wheel clipping the inside of the bumper, but I can't see anything it could be grabbing onto. Anyone had this happen?

No suspension mods as of yet.

Not sure if its the same thing but i've had clickin noise on full lock on drivers side. Its my CV joint

God I hope not... 9,000km on the clock, haha.

Found out its not full lock, only happens sometimes, but it did it only quarter lock today.

Check the ball joints.

Not the brake pads slipping rearwards in their slots when you transition from forward to reverse motion?
    If it only a one-off click then this is most likely. This will often happen if the car has been standing overnight and the pads bind a bit.
    You only notice it in low speed manoeuvering, as when parking. No need to worry. The pads "float".

Crook CV's will rattle and grind continuously
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 13-04-2012 at 12:17 PM.

^
    Mechanic mate of mine said the same thing. Mine knock pretty loud sometimes when reversing and it's usually when I get home after not reversing the car for a while.