User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternate End links

Default Alternate End links

Interesting info and product (thanks to detective work by levitize) .
    Moog are one of thee largest USA suspension manufacturers, part no K750069.
    U can buy two of these inc freight for less than half of one OEM links.(ridiculous) !!!!
    An issue has arisen with the instalation of aftermarket rear sway bars (extra torque being applied to OEM links) and then failure !!!!!.
    This issue has been well documented on diff Mazda forums around the globe and this heavy duty product seems the answer, thicker stem ,grease nipples ,locking nuts instead of allen key /way, and bronze ball and cup instead of oem plastic, 2 yr warranty.
    I have ordered and will follow up with further info when installed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Way to many mods, way too much money spent,way way too much time spent = the wifes no 1 Enemy.
    But i,m Smiling

Interesting

So when you say

An issue has arisen with the instalation of aftermarket rear sway bars (extra torque being applied to OEM links) and then failure !!!!!.
    Do you mean torque applied while installing an aftermarket sway bar? Ie. tightening too much instead of tightening to factory torque specs?

Or am I mis-reading?

Cheers Paul (and levitize). Good info

3. Default

How much is it plus shipping?

Most aftermarket sway bars are adjustable ( more holes in sway bar arm) as to torque/tension being applied by sway bar to body roll.
    When using stiffest settings or more than factory settings u may have an increase of up to 50% or in some cases more % applied, therefore the OEM links can fail.Mine did with Whiteline adj bar.
    Oem links have failed with std sway bar as well.
    Most common diagnosis is that u will have a (clunking from rear end when going over bumps and driveways)
    Nothing at all to do with tightening of nuts.!!!!!.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Cost today is $105.00 US for a pair inc freight . From rockauto USA.
    Way to many mods, way too much money spent,way way too much time spent = the wifes no 1 Enemy.
    But i,m Smiling

Have just ordered a pair myself.

That was quick,u probably didnt even have time for a java.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

That was quick,u probably didnt even have time for a java.

These will also fit later Gen 2 2010 on.

Great to see these end links catching on!

Installed these over the weekend, haven't clocked many km's since the install yet but, so far so good! I missed the handling of the RSB, so with these, now the beast is awesome to drive again! woot!

So I have front and rear swaybars from Whiteline

I should buy the end links for both just if I hear the knocking sound?

Peter "SLIXX"

Wait, are you comparing this with the stocko end links with aftermarket sway bars?? Cause i'm pretty sure when i changed to coilovers and upgraded my sway bars the end links got changed as well.

I havent changed my endlinks and have BC coilovers. After about 5000k's I'm getting the clunk noise at the front and when I jacked the car up Saturday I found the left endlink on a right angle jammed. I have contacted Chip at Powergrid and I am ordering front ones from him. To explain how strong they are I have seen a photo on the US forums where a thicker front swaybar had cracked and the endlinks looked brand new during the process. Funny that this thread was at the top today.

I'm in the process of organising a Whiteline rear sway bar, so might as well do the end links at the same time. Going by what's been said by a few who have made the upgrade it's only a matter of time before the stockies start to cause issues.

Sounds similar to stock shocks dying with stiffer springs. You upgrade one part and others directly related to it can suffer and die prematurely due to greater demands and stresses placed on them

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

12. Default

Someone start a groupbuy I bet there is alot of people out there are clunking. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    So I have front and rear swaybars from Whiteline

I should buy the end links for both just if I hear the knocking sound?

Peter "SLIXX"
    Not necessarily Peter, but it is the first area to look at if u get these symptoms .Knocking and loose sway bar retaining nut. Can be difficult to diagnose as the OEM links feel free when removed ,but if u put some force on them u may feel a catching or rough spot within the ball joint.
    I personally have not had any issues with the front sway bars only the rear as they are adjustable and most people tend to use the stiffest setting .
    But i,m Smiling

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Not necessarily Peter, but it is the first area to look at if u get these symptoms .Knocking and loose sway bar retaining nut. Can be difficult to diagnose as the OEM links feel free when removed ,but if u put some force on them u may feel a catching or rough spot within the ball joint.
    I personally have not had any issues with the front sway bars only the rear as they are adjustable and most people tend to use the stiffest setting .
    I'm gonna speak to the place that installed them. I'm a little concerned

Thanks for all the info

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Funny this came up for me yesterday! Had a strange issue where a full left hook turn would cause the driver side wheel shaft to rub against the end link. Had to push the rubber crimp on the shaft up about 1cm to clear the end link. I think I want adjustable sway bar to help clear the issue!

I just chucked these on one of my cars:-

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    I just chucked these on one of my cars:-

That's hawt! Where you get them from? And how much?

Whiteline.
    Cost depends on the length you order.

I contacted Motorsport Essentials in Mulgrave Vic who installed my Whitline Front and Rear Swaybars about this problem

He suggested that it might only be a problem if you driving your vehicle hard all the time. Otherwise it should be fine and that he hadn't heard of any of his installs requiring aftermarket endlinks

Might contact Whiteline and get their opinion as they have always been helpful and honest in the past

Peter "SLIXX"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast