User Tag List

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New TMIC option and SRI

Awesome work!

Just a thought - would your guys be able to do some custom Hot air in and cold air out Silicone tubes for us as well? The reason I want one is not for the arguable performance gains, but the risk of damaging the stock ones when taking the unit off?
    Last edited by EQ; 13-07-2009 at 07:05 PM.

I think the TMIC will need custom pipes due to the shape, so they may come with it as a kit.

3. Default

registering interest in the top mount, but the final decision really depends on price

on a side note, has anyone looked into replacing the factory "ducts" on the grille with ones that start from the lower section rather than the middle? so more air is forced into the scoop at the same speed?

at least that way you would make more use of the replacement top mount

Quote Originally Posted by kagerou View Post

on a side note, has anyone looked into replacing the factory "ducts" on the grille with ones that start from the lower section rather than the middle? so more air is forced into the scoop at the same speed?

at least that way you would make more use of the replacement top mount
    I don't think it would be easy, the middle section is heavily ducted toward the radiator.

The CX7 and MPS3 have a single inlet duct for the TMIC that runs from one side of the grille, but the MPS6 takes air from both sides of the grille through twin duct inlets. Perhaps the objective should be to increase the width of the inlet duct so that it's like the 6?

Gone to Volvo

No, the 3 has ducting from both sides of the grill as well, the ducting then has a section that branches off to the battery and ECU.

Got a photo of the duct by any chance, or a link to one?

For me i cant even see the 6's two ducts ?? are they hidden under ? the 3's are clearly there on top

3 MPS

6 MPS

I think we may be referring to different middle sections kagerou. Just to clarify, with the exception of a small area behind the emblem, all the air entering the grille on the MPS6 from both levels is ducted to the TMIC.

This is the twin duct inlet I referred to:

For some reason I thought the 3 only had a single inlet to the under bonnet duct.

nah same as that but with the addition of the duct doing off to the battery !!

Quick slight off topic question do we need that one that goes to the battery???

Was thinking of making an SRI box that utilises that frontal air flow.

Thoughts?

The battery duct must be there for a reason, I doubt that Mazda would have gone to the trouble otherwise. Perhaps it's intended to keep the ECU cool?

Yeah i dunno ????

Why does the 6 not have one then???

ECU cooling, as far as I know the 6's ECU is in the cabin, our XR5 friends have their ECU in the path of their intake system.
    As you can see here
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah the ECU in the 6 is inside the cabin at the passengers feet. Sounds like the duct on the 3 is not something you want to mess with unless you provide an alternate source of cooling air to the ECU.

Ok wont fook with that ...

Thanks

For what its worth, you could always question the effectiveness of mine with the FMIC in place, seeing as the air from the ducts is just blowing over the top of the motor now, with no intercooler causing restriction and forcing the air through the narrower tube.

Yeah if i ever get FMIC or Ducted bonnet then i will definatley look into this

18. Default

hey,

i'll try and explain the idea a bit better

take a look at the engine picture of the red 3 mps

you can see that there is an inlet on either side of the bonnet hook, where air is directed from the front of the car to plastic duct under the bonnet and onto the intercooler

now, looking at the grille, you will see that there are 4 sections, with 2 on each side of the badge

the inlets are screwed to the upper section on either side of the badge

what i was wondering is whether anyone has made any inlets that screw onto the lower sections on either side of the badge, this means that the opening for the inlet will be double the current size

on a side note, i removed the battery enclosure duct so it ends just above the pod

ben

Ben in the photo of the 3 it appears that it already does what you're asking. It certainly already does that on the 6.

I'll have a look at Lynchy's 3 tonight and confirm.

Any update on the SRI? Guess we are still waiting on cores from the USA for the TMIC

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast