User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HDi GT2 FMIC

They are apparently made in china but to be honest I've had a few people look at mine and say that the quality is pretty good. Only went with this due to price and a few of the Nissan and WRX guys saying how impressed they were with them. I don't mind giving something different a go but I did a lot of research before I bought it. Only thing I found was it rubbed on an A/C line so I put some rubber in between and it's held up fine, other than that no problems fitting.

sounds great, might have to get one come tax time

Wow... that's cheap. Wish I was informed of this lol

Quote Originally Posted by Devil MPS View Post
    Not on anymore, didn't get any interest so I ended buying one. Bought direct from them when they had a christmas special. Price went from $1200 to $540 delivered. Couldn't say no. Been on the car for a while, tiniest bit of lag due to it being a FMIC but boost comes on stronger and pulls for a little longer. I was impressed with it and for the price, really can't complain, fits perfectly.
    $540!?!??! how the hell!? Did they advertise it anywhere or did you just contact them directly ?

Saw it pop up on eBay as a 'christmas special' and emailed HDi to see if the company was legit and they said it was their warehouse over seas. So I made the purchase

Just had a look, theyre still listed on eBay as a Christmas special, but shipping has gone up and the cooler went up a bit. Still only $562 and $165 to ship.

Funny thing is when I emailed HDi about a group but a while ago they gave me higher prices than what their selling directly from their warehouse. Go figure.
    Last edited by Devil MPS; 29-03-2012 at 12:51 AM.

if anyone with the 6 that gets one in melbourne i can help with the install the 6 version can be abit tricky

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

i got mine for $800 incl postage not a bad price at all

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

HDI were and aussie company when i was a 14 thats how long they have been around but they moved most of their operation overseas and thats why they are so cheap now
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

They're head office and where they started all those years ago is only 10mins down the road from me, they moved production to keep costs down. As most companies do.

damn i messaged the guys and i was only offered $848 delivered

talk to HDi direct?

these are the guys i got the kit off when i bought it, shipping went up a fair bit though
    HDI GT2 PRO Tube and fins intercooler kit for Mazda MPS3 Mazdaspeed 3 Australian | eBay

ah nice thanks ill give these guys a go sucks Aus $ is going down

It doesn't say if it's for a gen 1 or 2 MPS3? (Or are they the same kit?)

Pics in the listing are shown fitted on a gen 1 and I'd imagine piping would be different for a gen 2. Email and ask if they've got a kit for them

I noticed JEM in the ebay add, a work mate gets on well with that mob so will try get comment off them!

Hi. I have the same HDI GT2 cooler on gen1 Mps3 and don't think they work better than the standard one. Yes the car pulls stronger but it more leggy less responsive at low rpm and when I measure intake temperature it heat soaks just like the top mount probably due to the factory air box sucking hot air out of the hot engine bay when the car is stationery. I think the extra power comes only from the extra boost due to less restrictive cooler and piping.

thats interesting, something i havent heard about :S Guess I'll be able to provide my review next week sometime

It will be more lag due to the extra piping and air having to travel further, I noticed a little more lag but once the pressure builds it comes on nicely, like a burst of tourque. I've noticed temps were done and moving from thru traffic it's a bit happier to get going, but I've also got a corksport box and SRI so I'm trying to get the most fresh air it can. A tune will also give you different results and how it performs

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    Hi. I have the same HDI GT2 cooler on gen1 Mps3 and don't think they work better than the standard one. Yes the car pulls stronger but it more leggy less responsive at low rpm and when I measure intake temperature it heat soaks just like the top mount probably due to the factory air box sucking hot air out of the hot engine bay when the car is stationery. I think the extra power comes only from the extra boost due to less restrictive cooler and piping.
    You have got to be joking about FMIC having the same heat soak as the standard top mount!
    Where did you measure the intake temps? Should be AFTER the intercooler before the t/b. Have a few boost runs and you will see the top mount struggle with keeping temps down to a good level.
    Front mount will keep them down and will have a cooler air change all the time.
    Had:
    Mitsubishi Evolution III ~12.0@114mph~
    Mitsubishi Evolution VII ~12.8@106mph~
    06 MPS 3 True Red
    Now:
    ~07 Ralliart Colt ~14.85@96mph~
    ~2010 Velocity Red Luxury MPS 3.
    3" CAI, K&N, Race pipe, Silicone Intake pipe, Custom Intercooler heat shield, LED Conversion, Gloss Black Wheels.

^yeah, you need to measure Boost Air Temps, not intake temps.
    Last edited by Cton; 13-05-2012 at 07:10 AM.

does the cold pipe run over the engine?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    does the cold pipe run over the engine?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    You mean hot pipe? Can't see how the cold pipe could?
    And i don't think it matters with the hot pipe going over it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast