User Tag List

Thread: How to Loose HP in a MPS

Default How to Loose HP in a MPS

First Take Gen 1 MPS with 201kw at the Wheels with factory ECU & Fuel Pump

Run a touch leaner than normal due to lack of fueling ability from factory (lean being 12.6:1 AF Same boost 17.2psi

FMIC Catted Downpipe..

Then Add a CPE HPFP to rectify supposed leaning problem...

Go back to the same dyno and loose 20kw at the wheels

For the sake of bringing AF ratio back to ~12.0:1

However

the bright side means when i actually get the ECU Tuned I have more room to breath..

Whats the highest peak boost most tuners run on these 22psi spike there for around 20 psi

or can we go higher.?

201kw untuned???

201kw at the wheels on a stocker???
    i know jase (gen 2) had low 200's on stock tune + heap of non-turbo bolt ons
    luke on stock tune with BNR stage 1 and lots of mods, had 212

201 seems damn high though
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 27-03-2011 at 02:51 PM.

can't be untuned with those AFR id think. I'd like to see those dyno sheets.
    from what i've read anything over 18 psi on the stock turbo will cause excessive stress (on the turbo) and lots of hot air.
    Last edited by Toddy22587; 27-03-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Before it gets into a unrelated "those numbers don't sound right" argument.
    I'll make the following change

Take a gen 1 put it on a dyno and received a figure.
    Add a few bits and pieces, dyno again and lost 10% power against first run.........

Just something to think about: NZ has way better fuel quality than we do (and they pay for it) and its generally pretty cold (which turbo's like)

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    Just something to think about: NZ has way better fuel quality than we do (and they pay for it) and its generally pretty cold (which turbo's like)
    That was my thoughts.. Ranton is a kiwi - those guys can almost see the South Pole I think... so it's cold = Nice IATs!
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    i'm in the same place as him but didn't get anywhere near that number stock. I was on a different Dyno though, 166fwkw.

I didn't think our fuel was any better than what you get, but yes we do usually run cooler temps.
    Owner of the Mutant Gen I.

Maybe I read the OP wrong, but I took it to mean untuned. Not stock. IE the dyno was done with FMIC and DP.

"Factory ECU and Fuel Pump" Seems a little redundant if the whole thing is stock...

10. Default

Stock your looking a wheels on a 6mps 148awkw, as recently watched, and soon to have done to mine after a CES racing custom exhaust, K & N SRI your looking at 170awkws and further with a custom tune, 186awkws. 18psi boost it was tuned at, keeping it safe on stock turbo... As i said i was observing and listening. Now saving and planning on getting the same done

ews338-dynoplot-beforeafter by abarbarich, on Flickr

First run the Specs were as follows - 201.1kw
    - CP-e Delta Core FMIC
    - CP-e Catted Downpipe
    - K &N Typhoon Intake
    - Stock ECU

Most recent Run 180kW
    - CP-e Delta Core FMIC
    - CP-e Catted Downpipe
    - CP-e HPFP Cam Driven Fuel Pump
    - CP-e Turbo Inlet Pipe
    - K &N Typhoon Intake
    - Stock ECU

On the 201kW run the Cars af was between 12.6:1 and 12.1:1 (those figures seemed to alarm a few people on this website.. i fail to see how 12.6 is lean...)

This time round the car richened back up probably due to the fuel pressure being up to 1900psi from 1500psi

on the 180kW run the Cars af had dropped by a whole point over the run ie. 11.6:1

The boost curves on both occasions were identical at 17psi

yes it was a little more humid but the air temp was relativly similar...

Why have I magically dropped power... Time for a ecu fixup?

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

My First run ever on a dyno With no bolt ons or anything was 167kW

all runs have been held on the same Dyno Bed...

i'd assume the running richer is causing the power loss. similar thing happened to my skyline.

What's the reason for NZ having better quality fuel?

Ive been to NZ a couple of times and everything there is so cheap compared to Australia EXCEPT petrol, I always wondered why that was. Fuel there costs heaps, but if it's better quality then it might be somewhat worth it.

lol you couldnt be any more incorrect... our local oil stocks are harvested and shipped off to japan and other loaded countries... we buy in cheap shitty crude and have really poorly refibed fuel.. the reason its an arm and a leg is because its such a good earner for our govt.. the fuel cost shouls actually be close to half of what it currently is there is around 50-80c per litre of govt levvies and then they have the tenacity to plop 15% GST on all of that!!!