User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing tailgate badges gen 2. Be warned.

Default Removing tailgate badges gen 2. Be warned.

Just want you guys to know that if you have a gen 2 and plan on taking the tailgate badges off be warned that there are locating holes under them. I knew there would be under the round logo in the middle but i was very suprised when i took off the Mazda lettering on the left that it had holes underneath. Damn! Luckily it was still good enough to put back on. But i left the '3' off.
    I have seen many cars in the states that have been doing it and i know their cars do not have the holes. Unfortunately we do. Just a heads up......

Damn that kinda sucks if you were looking to partial debadge. There's no real need to pin the "Mazda" badge. I would have assumed it would be taped like the Gen 1 and MPS6 (and US models)

Gen 1 has holes under Mazda badge but like the Gen 2's: not under the '3'. I removed both the badges, filled the holes will silicon and placed the US Mazdaspeed badge (no holes needed) over the old Mazda badge hiding the holes perfectly. So that's another option.

Really, I always assumed the Gen 1 rear badge setup was similar to the 6MPS with only the flying "M" pinned

i also debadged mine ..mazda badge has 3 holes .. didnt remove the middle badge . the 3 has no holes and the mps had no holes

Haha, i only wanted to take off the Mazda and the 3.
    I was actually looking for a pic of your car Desssa. i remember seeing your tailgate at some point. and i was checking if you had the holes.
    Thanks.

Damn, true.. Thanks for the heads up!

Holes for Gen 1.. and Mazdaspeed badge in place:

I'm thinking on just taking off the "3" in mine so that it read "Mazda MPS"

I wonder what blacked out badges look on a true red though???

Quote Originally Posted by Malicioso View Post
    I'm thinking on just taking off the "3" in mine so that it read "Mazda MPS"

I wonder what blacked out badges look on a true red though???
    I've done it i'll post up pics soon might be dirty thou

James
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

what paint did you use for your badges???

I have a nice can of flat black but haven't had the time to do it yet, Plus dunno if it will look good on a stock true red MPS...

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post

Cheers for the warning mate

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I will leave mine the way it was intended...... badges that is

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I will leave mine the way it was intended...... badges that is
    You do that
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

Im waiting for mine blacked out badges:

Front and Rear mazda emblems

Blacked out Mazdaspeed badge to replace the "mazda 3" badge

and removing the MPS badge.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post
    Nice job mate
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

I haven't got round to it yet but I'm planning on painting my rear badges the same colour as my grille (automotive paint, metallic dark blue) perhaps spray them black first so the blue is a deep dark colour on top. I'm considering having the "MPS" as a feature red kind of like "Type-R" for Honda etc, with the sports series wording in hot red? Yes/No? Can only try and see what it looks like, worse case, all the badges black/dark metallic blue

Ok as promised here is mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0186.jpg 
Views:	1193 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	6872

I followed these instructions:

How to remove and paint Mazda badges / emblems

I used 6 litres of bleach and omg took a long time but paint and primer and clear were from autobarn the $15 cans .

James
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Is that a Ford Mondeo in the reflection?

Nice link, cheers

Yeah gf's mondeo, its nice im just cleaning it up atm we had exams so cars got pretty filthy. If i was after a pure luxury car it would be high on my list Diesel is quiet as and full leather is awesome .

Only thing I found with the link was that its hard to find 2000 grit sand paper and also when you bleach things it takes like 10 - 20 repeats of removing from bleach cleaning then replacing in bleach. Make sure the chrome/bronze is 100% off or close enough to because it does show in some lights when resprayed , i lost patience at the 1 week mark lol.

Also i heated the badges before and after every coat of primer/paint/clear i did with hair dryer .

Hope it heaps for ppl wanting to do badges .

as for double sided tape bunnnings sells some automotive strength stuff thats waterproof.

Once the bleaching finished I put tape on so i could stainly knife using badge as stencil .

James
    MPSX-treme

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast