User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Insurance Company are you with ??????

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • CGU

3 8.82%
  • I Select

0 0%
  • Budget Direct

0 0%
  • AAMI

16 47.06%
  • Allianz

0 0%
  • GIO

2 5.88%
  • YOUI

1 2.94%
  • RACQ

1 2.94%
  • NRMA

6 17.65%
  • SHANNONS

5 14.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Insurance Company are you with and does it cover track days

Exclamation Which Insurance Company are you with and does it cover track days

Hi everyone I know there are some other posts relating to Insurance issues, my main concern is for everyone to know if there covered for track days, so I started a Poll and I know I won't be able to include all the companys because it gives me a max of 10 so my question is:

1. Who are you with and your access;
    2. What your Aprox Premium is per year;
    3. Do you know if your covered for Defensive Day courses ?;
    4. Are you cover for track days ?;
    5. Does your insurer cover you if you pay a premium for the day to go to track days;
    6. Cams Club Day Rallies/Cruises;
    7. And anything you may want to add to the table to this questionaire.

This is something that will help people with their insurance needs and maybe once we have collected some data we can maybe as a club we can talk with a broker/Insurer to offer some numbers and maybe get discounts and concession for Cams related cruises and track day coverage.
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

1. Who are you with, what type of cover and your excess; AAMI Insurance - - COMPREHENSIVE - - $750.00 excess
    2. What your Aprox Premium is per year; $1,124.00 (with mods)
    3. Do you know if your covered for Defensive Day courses ?; Yep, as long as its a professional driver course
    4. Are you cover for track days ?; No
    5. Does your insurer cover you if you pay a premium for the day to go to track days; Not that I'm aware of
    6. Cams Club Day Rallies/Cruises; No
    7. What is/isn't covered on your policy?: Amp, Sub, Exhaust, Air filter covered. BOV, other mods not covered
    8. The sum insured for?: $33,550.00 with mods
    9. What is the customer service like?: Useless, they usually have no idea what they're doing, already spoken to the manager to sort stuff out after several staff got it wrong
    10. If known, after a claim how was the matter dealt with, quality of repair and time to get the vehicle back?: Haven't crashed yet so wouldn't know, apparently they take short cuts on repairs though
    Last edited by rogwick; 17-09-2010 at 11:25 AM.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

1. Who are you with and your excess; AAMI Insurance - $650
    2. What your Approx Premium is per year; $1,001 (with mods)
    3. Do you know if your covered for Defensive Day courses ?; Yes, only If car was being driven by me on a safe driving course commercially conducted by trained instructors.
    5. Does your insurer cover you if you pay a premium for the day to go to track days; No
    6. Cams Club Day Rallies/Cruises; No

1. Who are you with and your access; AAMI - $550.00
    2. What your Aprox Premium is per year; $638 (with windscreen cover, car is stock, no mods)
    3. Do you know if your covered for Defensive Day courses ?; Yes, professionally recognised courses only
    5. Does your insurer cover you if you pay a premium for the day to go to track days; Haven't asked, but I'd say not
    6. Cams Club Day Rallies/Cruises; Depends, if it's road-based I just wouldn't tell them it was an event. Track-based, no.

EDIT: Updated 16/9/10 with new premium + excess details (Lifetime Rating 1 bonus discounts )
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 16-09-2010 at 06:20 PM.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

i hate you all... having cheap insurance...

1. Who are you with and your access; AAMI, not sure on excess
    2. What your Aprox Premium is per year; $1800 when i paid earlier in year
    3. Do you know if your covered for Defensive Day courses ?; yes
    4. Are you cover for track days ?; dont think so
    5. Does your insurer cover you if you pay a premium for the day to go to track days; no idea
    6. Cams Club Day Rallies/Cruises; dont think so
    7. And anything you may want to add to the table to this questionaire. being 22 and driving a turbo charged car in sydney sucks...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

1. Who are you with and your access; AAMI 2010 mps lux standard excess $400 i think
    2. What your Aprox Premium is per year; $580 + $50 WINDSCREEN COVER
    3. Do you know if your covered for Defensive Day courses ?; not sure
    4. Are you cover for track days ?; lol no insurance does this
    5. Does your insurer cover you if you pay a premium for the day to go to track days; doubt it

1. Who are you with and your access; Allianz via Fleetpartners, my excess is around $1000 which is high I know.
    2. What your Aprox Premium is per year; $1500 a year
    3. Do you know if your covered for Defensive Day courses ?; No Idea
    4. Are you cover for track days ?; High unlikely
    5. Does your insurer cover you if you pay a premium for the day to go to track days;
    6. Cams Club Day Rallies/Cruises; If its road based, just dont tell them

I will prolly renew with a Insurer direct next year depending on what the premium is. I was 25 when I got the car, so will hopefully go down once I have a year under my belth and will be 26.

1. Who are you with and your access; NRMA, $1300 ish excess
    2. What your Aprox Premium is per year; $1300 ish
    3. Do you know if your covered for Defensive Day courses ?; Not Sure
    4. Are you cover for track days ?; No insurance company covers them
    5. Does your insurer cover you if you pay a premium for the day to go to track days; Not sure, dont think so
    6. Cams Club Day Rallies/Cruises; 0
    7. Age: 26, Car: 2010 Gen II Non Lux

I went with NRMA cause they would a) insure me, b) had a simpler process and c) i've heard bad things about AAMI's service

Blog Entries

I have been researching this for a couple of years (as an insurance broker) and am not aware of any insurer providing cover for track days or competitive motor sport events. All motor vehicle policies have an exclusion relation to racing, pacemaking, testing or speed related events so even if you don't tell them it may be obvious where/when an accident occurred!
    There are some insurers (UK and European based) that will provide specific track or motorsport based coverage but it isn't cheap (probably around 6% of the value of the vehicle but less if total loss only cover required).I would suggest the onlly option would be to look at it for all participants in an event in order to get some premium discount. I recently placed a cover for a Porsche 911 RS in Targa West and was glad that it survived the event unscathed.

i thought shannons would often do club things...
    cause when i was ringing around getting quotes, i mentioned i didnt have a modified car, wasnt really a member of a car club, and they suggested i go elsewhere...

11. Default

1. Who are you with and your access; Lumley Insurance excess $400
    2. What your Aprox Premium is per year; $630 a year with free windscreen cover
    3. Do you know if your covered for Defensive Day courses ?; Yes
    4. Are you cover for track days ?; Yes so long as they are not for 'racing' purposes, so if to improve my driving skill with instructor yes
    5. Does your insurer cover you if you pay a premium for the day to go to track days; no extra premium if I claim it is double the excess
    6. Cams Club Day Rallies/Cruises; Not sure
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

1. Who are you with and your XS; QBE, $300
    2. What your Aprox Premium is per year; $360 + charges
    4. Are you cover for track days ?; No, you'd be hard pressed to find any general insurer to cover for this (unless it was a specialized agency) - Having worked within the insurance industry for 10+ years, this has been the consensus.
    5. Does your insurer cover you if you pay a premium for the day to go to track days; No - Own Liability
    6. Cams Club Day Rallies/Cruises; If driving as part of an OzMPSclub day drive - on road, conforming to roads, regulations, etc, yes. On Track, NO.

Once again, worked at an insurer for 5 years, and more recently as an insurance broker, almost no general insurer within australia will provide cover for track days. This forms part of own liability. You would need to check CTP when undertaking these events.
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

1. Who are you with and your excess; NRMA, $600 per claim
    2. What your Aprox Premium is per year; $1250
    5. Does your insurer cover you if you pay a premium for the day to go to track days; would have to check on this
    6. Cams Club Day Rallies/Cruises; don't know, but guess if it was a cruise on normal roads, sure
    7. Insured amount: agreed value of $46K
    8. Insured in your name or a company name: company name, hence higher price I'm guessing

CGU Insurance and excess is $400
    $780/year (includes windscreen protection, agreed value ($34k as of 09/01/10) and mods I add to policy
    Yes, If professional course conducted by driving school
    No
    No
    Nope

No person will have the same....no matter what.. insurance is a personal things based on age, location and type of car...plus previous driving history.

So its wise just to check them all out and find the best one to suit your needs....not just the cheapest.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

1. Who are you with and your access; Suncorp - $600
    2. What your Aprox Premium is per year; $2200 no mods
    3. Do you know if your covered for Defensive Day courses ?; Doubtful
    4. Are you cover for track days ?; Nope
    5. Does your insurer cover you if you pay a premium for the day to go to track days; Doubt it
    6. Cams Club Day Rallies/Cruises; Nope
    7. And anything you may want to add to the table to this questionaire. Im not a rating 1 which is why my Premium is so high, hehe. But I also haven't shopped around.

Wow too much effort

AAMI
    425/year
    no idea about track days..and dont really care as ive only done one and not planning on doing anymore, only did it because it was free

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    CGU Insurance and excess is $400
    $780/year (includes windscreen protection, agreed value ($34k as of 09/01/10) and mods I add to policy
    Yes, If professional course conducted by driving school
    No
    No
    Nope

No person will have the same....no matter what.. insurance is a personal things based on age, location and type of car...plus previous driving history.

So its wise just to check them all out and find the best one to suit your needs....not just the cheapest.

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    I agree Dug, it's all about the individuals, this will give people a chance to look at options that members bring to the table and compare,my car is listed has commericial being a company car and I pay under $900 and a $400 excess with CGU and they don't cover defensive courses,track days and so on.

At the end of the day we can help each other out to see what to look for and what they should be paying, I understand that every case is on a one on one depended on history...

Suncorp excess $1200 because of modds & loss of licence mainly the after market wheels & tyres were thier concern @ $1,400 a corner .
    premium $475
    no track coverage for racing against other cars
    agreed write of value
    windscreen coverage
    I Can get coverage for cams approved track days, time attack & rallies through NQ MOTORSPORT PROMOTIONS .
    I believe premium is also calculated on post code high or low risk for theft or damage .

Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 18-09-2010 at 07:15 PM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

20. Default

$1400 a corner are they made of Gold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast