User Tag List

Thread: Cruise Control Issues - Gen II MPS

Default Cruise Control Issues - Gen II MPS

Hi guys, I would be interested to know if anyone else is having the same issue I am with my beloved MPS...

I have noticed on several occasions sitting between 100-120km/h with the cruise turned on that all of a sudden it turns itself off! At first I though it was user error but I have been monitoring it and the problem still exists.

I turn the cruise on and the obnoxious orange light comes on then I set it at the speed I want and the light changes colour so all good there. THEN whenever it feels like it the speed drops by around 10km/h then the light goes back to orange.

It doesn't seem to matter what gear I am in or the revs/boost so a little unsure!

Mr Plow Robot Face is booked in (not named by me btw!) is booked in for the 10k service in around 2wks. I ran past Jarrett's the issue and they told me that they didn't know in a round about way but suggested that the contact for the breaks and cruise is close together etc but I am not convinced that it should still be doing it as you can apply the break slightly before it will disengauge.

Also my MPS mats on the drivers side have just about worn through in patches already... I was told it is my driving style but in all my car's i've never had this issue before and same shoes and driving style? Also can't replace just one or front/rear but a whole new set is needed at a rediculous $140.....

There are some other people that have experienced problems with the cruise control.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...nty-fixes.html

It has disengaged in mine too, but only on a slight downhill slope, never on flat road.

3. Default

Yes I have come across the same problem 2 on my MPS GEN II.
    Only on a downhill

Quote Originally Posted by cbills View Post
    Hi guys, I would be interested to know if anyone else is having the same issue I am with my beloved MPS...

I have noticed on several occasions sitting between 100-120km/h with the cruise turned on that all of a sudden it turns itself off! At first I though it was user error but I have been monitoring it and the problem still exists.

I turn the cruise on and the obnoxious orange light comes on then I set it at the speed I want and the light changes colour so all good there. THEN whenever it feels like it the speed drops by around 10km/h then the light goes back to orange.

It doesn't seem to matter what gear I am in or the revs/boost so a little unsure!

Mr Plow Robot Face is booked in (not named by me btw!) is booked in for the 10k service in around 2wks. I ran past Jarrett's the issue and they told me that they didn't know in a round about way but suggested that the contact for the breaks and cruise is close together etc but I am not convinced that it should still be doing it as you can apply the break slightly before it will disengauge.

Also my MPS mats on the drivers side have just about worn through in patches already... I was told it is my driving style but in all my car's i've never had this issue before and same shoes and driving style? Also can't replace just one or front/rear but a whole new set is needed at a rediculous $140.....
    Exact same problem with cruise and floor mats.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

I'm really not sure about this, Is the cruise control part of the PCM these days? Or is it a seperate module?

If it's integeated with the PCM a mazda flash update may solve the issue.

Probably not going to have a bearing on the floor mats though ::

hmm what a pain in the butt but thanks heaps guys! This hasn't happened to me downhill but going up the freeway and also when i drove to the yorke peninsula the other weekend. It also seems to flucuate alot on speed at higher speeds, around town it seems fine...

Quote Originally Posted by cbills View Post

same here...its crazy...my previous mazda mats lasted a good 4 years before worn patches appeared!

My cruise control doesnt turn itself off, but sometimes it will not accelerate for some time, usually after coming down a hill. Its quite annoying.

Generally I just accelerate and it eventually takes up of its own accord, if i'm impatient then I just reset it.

Either way yea, the cruise control in my Gen II is far from perfect.

On your floor matts.....
    They have changed the newer builds matts. they now have a stronger section in the middle. my mate just bought an april 2010 build. they are different to my january built car.
    Im going to get them changed. they obviously were aware of this and have rectified the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    On your floor matts.....
    They have changed the newer builds matts. they now have a stronger section in the middle. my mate just bought an april 2010 build. they are different to my january built car.
    Im going to get them changed. they obviously were aware of this and have rectified the problem.
    Interesting!lare u gonna try and get the dealer to give u free replacements??

Yeah, im gonna go them for some new ones.... They should last longer than they did.

well when i was asking the dealer about it he was like you aren't seriously going to try and claim them are you? I was like well I didn't pay 47k and part with my old car to have to spend another $140 on 4x more cause one has worn out before 10,000kms! Might also email the dealer i bought it from cause he was a champ and see what he can do, pitty their dealer is at Reynella!

I totally agree with you about the floor mats, I'm gona have to give it to my dealer again. Funny thing is when I originally picked up my car. My floor mats said 'Mazda 3', when I sat in a friends Gen II MPS, I thought HEY NICE FLOOR MATS. I was then told that these were standard haha. So I abused my dealer, told him why am I paying 47k for a car with NORMAL Mazda 3 floor mats. He told me to come in so he could replace them with the MPS ones.

14. Default

Hey mate. The thready about GenII problems also has a Mazda Customer Service contact name and number. In order for us to get the cruise issues resolved, weight of numbers are required so get in touch with him and communicate your displeasure and don't forget to highlight the fact you think it is a real safety issue.

Please direct cruise & other related issues to http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...nty-fixes.html

Cheers.