User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better fuel economy after service

Default Better fuel economy after service

i've clocked up over 100,000 km's on my car and have always averaged the same kind of fuel use..(410km p/tank)(330 when pushing)

However after my last service I got over 500km's.. 2nd tank in is looking the same..

Any idea's?

Anyone else experience the same?

Quote Originally Posted by TUFMPS View Post
    i've clocked up over 100,000 km's on my car and have always averaged the same kind of fuel use..(410km p/tank)(330 when pushing)

However after my last service I got over 500km's.. 2nd tank in is looking the same..

Any idea's?

Anyone else experience the same?
    They update the ECU firmware? Does the performance feel any different?

you started driving like a ?

If anything I drive harder now than before lol.

Performance has picked up on this service- was noticibly down last service.

i found this recently too, they cleaned my MAF sensor it marginally improved, then they replaced my maf sensor and im getting 500ks to the tank now....

interesting..

i am on 89,000 kms due for a service at 93,000 without any freeway use i have just got 370 kms and thats with opening it up here and there..

hoping after next service it improves

Quote Originally Posted by TUFMPS View Post
    If anything I drive harder now than before lol.

Performance has picked up on this service- was noticibly down last service.
    Very interesting. Done under warranty?

Might mention it when mine goes in for some warranty work. See what kind of responce I get.

Wow... (410km p/tank)(330 when pushing)... Seems very low to me to begin with... I didnt see much improvement at any of my services but I did notice about a 1km/ltr difference after a tune. So I am getting about 450km per 45-48 litres (which is when the light coems on).

I have always had 500+ and the worst senario was 50.8ltrs to fill to the brim. Track days i will lose around 100 to 120k's depending on the laps and my best was when i drove back from Bathurst this year and filled up I'd driven 620k's and took 49.83ltrs to the brim.... Mine has been tuned from day one with a 2 1/2 exhaust never driven a stock MPS ever except on a track day which is different....

The photo attached is from this weekend gone with some good runs and hills and twisters etc etc etc.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1120558.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	4740  

Is it at all possible for a new CPe DP to help with fuel economy ??? I've noticed although on one tank through that I got way above average fuel economy since the dp was installed. Obviously I drove it more easily to begin with but still I got easily above 500 without the light coming on .... whereas usually 400 almost on the dot and the light would come up !! Strange !

The light coming on at 400 is pretty normal to me. I had the pipe fitted about a week after my service so can rule that out
    Last edited by TUFMPS; 18-08-2010 at 07:40 PM.

I always get over 500kms per tank and i drive hard...

I have 140K on the clock and it hasnt been serviced by mazda since 60K

When i do highway driving...eg Tweed on saturday and Toowoomba on sunday...then down to gold coast.

I got 612km from 49L

Happy Motoring
    duglet

now i'm wondering what was wrong with my car rather than what did they do... I thought it was ok before..

Im almost at half way of the fuel guage, and im only on 160kms's atm.. looks like i wont even make 300 by the time the light comes on..

Dammm thats not good, thats not right. I seem to always make 300km by halfway and average over 500km and I like driving hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Duk View Post
    Im almost at half way of the fuel guage, and im only on 160kms's atm.. looks like i wont even make 300 by the time the light comes on..

17. Default

well i made 7.9 lts / 100km

but on cruise at 110 km

Ok there are 2 consistant patterns here... is there a software patch or something because 1/2 the replys are around 400 per tank and the others are over 500.. I think we mostly drive the same. the gearing prevents good fuel economy on the freeways anyway.. so why are some people so much better off than others?

19. Default

well if u always below 2500 rpm u can make lesr than 10 lts/100km

Agreed! I was driving my car for about a month after resetting the averages. I must admit I rarely would feel the need to put the petal to the metal, I managed to get easy 500km's out of the tank and Fuel consumption was at 9.9L/100 km

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast