User Tag List

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS at nurburgring

Default Mazda 3 MPS at nurburgring

enjoy!
    it's funny to see the total crap boxes that go around the race track, and interesting to see just how difficult and busy it is getting around this famous 22km of blacktop

fortunately the music stops after 1:55 so you can enjoy the noise of the car!

EDIT: THIS IS NOT ME!!!! I just found it on youtube...
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 06-07-2010 at 09:54 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Wonderful! Good steady video and shows the MPS3 off well against other machines. There are some pratts on Youtube making comments but they have no idea what's involved. Well done. Good time too.

Blog Entries

Awesome!!

I had the same surprise when I drove Bathurst, forgot it was a public road so many cars!

Thanks for the clip, that MPS has had a bit of work done for sure! Impressive keeping up with the bikes, on the straight though, the bikes power shows. The bikers also appeared to take the corners a little lighter than Superbike riders, but they're probably stockish bikes so fair enough. Seems pretty grippy though the corners too, apart from the squealing tyres lol Quick car!

As far as I know, that MPS is a stock Gen 1

Its just not the same without a BMW driver stopping dead on a blind corner and abusing the MPS driver =\

Blog Entries

Still can't get over the straight line power of those bikes though!!

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Still can't get over the straight line power of those bikes though!!
    lol That's nothing!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

It's all about power to weight ratio! But the MPS3 was faster in the bends, which is all about rubber on the road. Maybe decent riders would do a lot better.

SARCASTIC, is that car you drove stock? If so I'd expect good performance from a tweaked MPS6 on that circuit.

lol, its not me... just found it on youtube, thought i would share it wish i was that good a driver!!
    and it's a MPS3, says it's stock on the video

this guy also did the following on a closed circuit, 8mins 39.... that's pretty freaking quick!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%BCrburgring_lap_times
    it's sitting around some pretty nice company
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 06-07-2010 at 10:08 PM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Sorry SARCASTIC, I just recalled someone on this forum said they were going to the ring and figured you had just got back and were showing off your effort. It's still good anyway. Gruelling circuit!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    Sorry SARCASTIC, I just recalled someone on this forum said they were going to the ring and figured you had just got back and were showing off your effort. It's still good anyway. Gruelling circuit!
    That's Nickows and he's probably there now, in a hired Swift or similar from memory
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

13. Default

I've watched that first clip around 5-6 times since it was released on YouTube... it is Awesome!!!

At 7:25, things start to get a little out of hand with some extra oversteer, and around 8:20ish, I had to hold my breath as there was a few cars/bikes who were turning in on the drivers' line, and looked nearly collision worthy....

Blog Entries

Yeah it gets a bit sketchy later on!! Can't say I would like to drive my car on there for that reason alone.

I see the driver of the black 3 MPS went off road at 8 mins.

at the driver "Come on" everytime the bikes went slow through the corners.