User Tag List

Thread: RX 8 GT Rims

1. Default RX 8 GT Rims

I see a couple of people have fiited RX8 GT rims to their MPS3's.

Just wondering how much you paid for them?

And did you get them froma dealer or privately?

And what sort of coin you paid for them?

For reference, $13,000 from dealer

3. Default

For Real?

When I bought my car the dealer said $2000 a rim which discouraged me pretty quick!

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Also I dont know why I asked how much they cost twice?

Mild tard moement?

Mazda Wheels & Rims - 19" x 8" Alloy Wheel @ Auto Part Buffs id say thee cheap noc off's... but its an option

I got mine off a guy who has an RX8 GT.

There have only been 3 sets sold since the GT came out, as far as I know.

With the RX8 guys now knowing how good a rim it is, and how pricey they are to buy new, I doubt you will see any more for sale.

Just for reference, they are a special super light weight rim (7kg) made by BBS for Mazda.

These rims are sounding better and better. You know I saw a blue RX8 GT at the Strathpine train station car park on Friday night. Should have left my card with them, see if he/she might sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post

With the RX8 guys now knowing how good a rim it is, and how pricey they are to buy new, I doubt you will see any more for sale.

Just for reference, they are a special super light weight rim (7kg) made by BBS for Mazda.
    They can get fvcked!.... couldnt care less if they are the lightest rims in the world, for that money you can buy rims as light and better looking too.

You got lucky, so good on you for taking the opportunity
    Last edited by Nirvandan; 21-06-2010 at 01:10 AM.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    They can get fvcked!.... couldnt care less if they are the lightest rims in the world, for that money you can buy rims as light and better looking too.

You got lucky, so good on you for taking the opportunity
    NOT NICE At least they will fit correctly unlike most aftermarket rims (correct offset & centre dia). Standard RX8 rims are better quality and as light as most aftermarket rims.

As for looks, well, that's in the eye of the beholder.

Yes, I know you get supplied with a spacer, and yes you can roll the guards to stop the tyres rubbing .... on and on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rd415 View Post
    NOT NICE At least they will fit correctly unlike most aftermarket rims (correct offset & centre dia). Standard RX8 rims are better quality and as light as most aftermarket rims.

Yes, I know you get supplied with a spacer, and yes you can roll the guards to stop the tyres rubbing .... on and on.
    With the range of aftermarket rims the likely hood of getting an incorrect fitting rim is next to none and I beg to differ that RX8 rims are better quality , if the statement above is correct, then they are made exactly the same as all the other BBS rims, and unless your getting some cheap ebay special china rim, most aftermarket rims are decent quality.

Just my 2 cents
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    With the range of aftermarket rims the likely hood of getting an incorrect fitting rim is next to none and I beg to differ that RX8 rims are better quality , if the statement above is correct, then they are made exactly the same as all the other BBS rims, and unless your getting some cheap ebay special china rim, most aftermarket rims are decent quality.

Just my 2 cents
    Try finding 50 offset aftermarket rims, there aren't that many around

Blog Entries

There might be a reason for that...unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by rd415 View Post

Not nice from mazda overpricing their stuff

For that money you might be able to order the rim of your choice with customized offset. No spacers no rolled or pumped guards.

Yes looks is in the eye of the beholder and the GT rims are nice BUT seriously there is nicer rims. So much variety out there that the chances of always finding something nicer is pretty good.

Mazda can grab their GT rims and.......
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Blog Entries

Did someone say 7Kg 19x8 +50 wheel. That's a superlightweight alloy for a 19x8. Premium alloy, I'd suggest. I'd give them a go.
    I think that's less than my Enkei "flagship" 18x7.5+48 RPF1 @ 7.something, and matching SSR and other forged wheels on weight.

wht pay $5000 + for 3 peice wheels ..check these.. 19X8 quote $2900 check them out any offset!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.autoartwheels.com/pages/vyc/vyc1.html

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

19x8 $746 ea, 19x7.5 $728 ea......any offset

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    wht pay $5000 + for 3 peice wheels ..check these.. 19X8 quote $2900 check them out any offset!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.autoartwheels.com/pages/vyc/vyc1.html

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

19x8 $746 ea, 19x7.5 $728 ea......any offset
    True, I like the RX-8 GT wheels on engineering at that weight, but not at $2000 a pop. Having said that, our Gen1 stocker mps 18x7 wheels worth $800 ea I was quoted.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post

IF only my missus would let me spend $1650 on the set with tyres last year from a wheel place in syd advertised on ebay..

only 1 had a slight gutter rash..
    2005 Mazda MPS6 Radiant Ebony Luxury-Pack

I would love these Rims for my Gen 2 but the pricing is ridiculous!!!

Guess I will have to settle for painting mine like Shurm did. I think this would look good with VR???

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-snowed-3.html

japanparts.com : PARTS DATABASE

$1500 a pop from Japan

Or you get the 18"x8"'s like me for $630

But yes, I wouldn't expect to see many of them make it to the general market, there are a lot of RX-8 guys pouncing on them as they become available
    Last edited by Vanq; 02-07-2010 at 10:18 AM.

SarcasticOne: nah, nathan would say "when i get sad, i stop being sad, and drive the RX8 instead, true story"

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    I would love these Rims for my Gen 2 but the pricing is ridiculous!!!

Guess I will have to settle for painting mine like Shurm did. I think this would look good with VR???

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-snowed-3.html
    yea vr with grey wheels will look tough.. have a look at the guy on here who has the vr with rx8 gt rims as a comparison..!
    2005 Mazda MPS6 Radiant Ebony Luxury-Pack

If anyone has a set of these LET ME KNOW By PM of course