User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you LOVE about your Mazda MPS?

Fat torque curve, 'sleeper' looks, Jekyl & Hyde personality...

Quote Originally Posted by bricky dave View Post
    my is cumin in 5 days.lets c what i like bout my mps mmmmmmm well if u own 1 everything bout it,agree??? & if u dont own 1 well bad luck.u can look at my 1 if it makes u fell better
    stop yellllling
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

Torque on Tap; that's how I roll

80-120 in 3rd gear, and doing it in less time than a 911 carrera

I love the feel of driving, the interior feels and looks fantastic, the drive is nice and solid....then the boost kicks in.... and its SWEEEEEET

After driving about 20 cars a day at work, all hondas, mostly jazz's and civics, best feeling in the world when i start up to the rumble of my MPS's exhaust note

Like being on the end of an almost permanently fully-stretched, giant rubber band, especially in 3rd and 4th gear - most of the time you feel like you need to have the brakes on to restrain it, but when you open the throttle and the turbo spools up, it's like being on a sling-shot!

I love cars in which, when the power comes on, you feel that without due care you are about to run over that which you intended merely to overtake..........
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 29-09-2010 at 11:25 AM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

After driving the shitbox Toyota Corrolla hire car last week which was a auto, I can say nearly everything about the car, from the exhaust note when you push the start button, to the turbo spoolling up, to the warp drive that is engaged when full boost comes on.

9. Default

So true Logan, I highly recommend to anyone that is feeling their MPS isnt as fun as it used to be to put it in perspective by driving a low poered manual or auto car around even for a couple of days

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    So true Logan, I highly recommend to anyone that is feeling their MPS isnt as fun as it used to be to put it in perspective by driving a low poered manual or auto car around even for a couple of days
    +1 BB. drove my mates honda civic auto in GC just recently and I was physically willing the car along with pedal to the metal...

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    +1 BB. drove my mates honda civic auto in GC just recently and I was physically willing the car along with pedal to the metal...
    I've had the same experience when driving my works company car (beep beep barina). Told the boss and all I got for my trouble was an evil grin from him.

ok, after getting a Mazda2 Sedan (auto) as a "loan" car whilst mine is being serviced, it shows me how much I take the MPS for granted...

+1 to the above comments...
    drove parents auto mazda 3 (gen 1, 2.0L 4-speed auto) when i was up there....
    push pedal, car moves slowly.... push pedal more, oh little bit more interest, push pedal more, drop 2 gears make alot of noise, still not going that fast....
    end result, missing my mps

My work car is a sloppy 3 year old Lancer Wagon, so the driving dynamics of the MPS are what I miss every second I am driving to and from work.

I giggle like a schoolgirl when I catch my reflection as I drive past shop windows, and again every time I take the engine over 3000rpm.
    Last edited by Reedy; 30-09-2010 at 06:11 PM.

I was in Sydney over the weekend. Hired a new Camry for the Blue Mountains and back. Functional, smooth, quiet, and did the job well, but utterly unresponsive. 50% TPS seemingly does nothing. Like driving a blancmange. About as exciting as a radioactive suet-pudding!

Getting back into the MPS6 was a breath of fresh air; taught, dynamic; 20% TPS produces an immediate response that takes you clear of all the minnows in the traffic queue, a bigger twitch of the right toe, even a mere 30% TPS, gives a nice shove in the back and you're gone for good!

Anyone who starts feeling, with prolonged familiarity, that their MPS6 is handling like a boat should get into a Magna or a Camry.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

I love washing it. I love its shapely body. I also love owning ppl in SUBI's cause they all think they are awesome... i love that our cars are underestemated. I love the fact that my AWD system allowes me to out corner the RX 8. I love my car...... but im thinking of selling to get a new gen club sport....... yes thats right.... toya wants a rear wheel drive car for once i crave some fun!

LATOOL, yes it has nice lines. A huge improvement on stock Mazda 6, even though the changes are subtle. It stands nicely. Pity so much stuff on the road is so forgettable. I hate these new fall-over shaped "upright" trends like the earlier Camry, Mitsi Lancers, Toyota Yaris, etc. And even Honda Accords have kiddy-car or shopping trolley wheels that don't match the arches. I think that while Subi WRX's might be quickish, they really are a rough riding little box. If they didn't have a few Kw they'd just be another shit-box that looks like a Noddy car. OK if you want outright performance maybe, but a total pain to sit in for any length of time, with a crude ride. The MPS6 is among the best all-round GT performance for the $$ you can buy. To see them selling now for under $25K is an amazing opportunity for smart buyers who like some class with their Kw. I look at the dozens of silly little Mercedes 180 and 200 "Kompressors" running around with their owners thinking they are wonderful, but really, they must be buying them for the badge, certainly not for performance. I wouldn't give one garage room.

I love how my best mate gets out of my car & says, " man....thats just as quick as my 270kW VE SS....."

Cheers.

Trouble with quick Holdens (or Fords or other 2WD's) is getting the power onto the road and keeping the whole rig pointed the right way. With 4WD I've never seen mine put a foot wrong and wheel-spin is a non-issue. To me, wheel-spin says nothing about how powerful your car is, but says plenty about lack of traction. I even inadvertently spun the wheels in the mere 135Kw Camry I had the other day on quarter throttle, in the wet, and that had its weight over the front end! I'm happy to pay for the modest amount of extra juice that 4WD costs me.

Agreed. Only reason we are looking for a new car is, well we agreed not to keep cars past their warranty and i refuse to down grade... while getting the Clubby will downgrade the whole 2v4wheel thing its an upgrade in nearly every other way. I still want a car i can fit the family in, the 6 is a little smaller than most sedans, the car has to be just as safe, i want the perfromance. I can sell my car for 30k and spend 30k out of pocket so around the 60k is what we are prepared to spend. I looked at the ford and its just not equall to what we have already as far as the interior and built in technology goes. Its interior is extremely outdated and UGLY the CLub sport is awesome. The only thing i instantly dont like is the positioning of the Cruise Controll. Any other car models i should look at for performance, looks and size in the 60 - 70k mark? Im open for suggestions. AND OMG Dug ive been gone so long i didnt realise you now have a 6! Grats welcome to the club.
    Latool- far from normal

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast