User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibilty? Gen 2 MPS vs. Ralliart Colt?

I have done it for a purpose, to run a 1/4 in 11's hope. i run a standback so i ahve 2 maps, one nuts one daily

So many things I could say, but really what's the point. You have come on this forum purely to start an argument.
    Clearly you have little actual experience with a MPS other than what's written in magazines.

Think talking to my dog will be time less wasted that arguing with you.

Enjoy your colt, and have a nice day....

Oh Andy, are you a girl Andy or a guy Andy?

i you came onto this forum, created an account, dragged up a 12 month old thread, responded in a manner which can only have been to start an argument and want us to NOT be hostile towards you???

i've seen MPS's hauling in EVO's, i saw one doing it last night... you quoted power:weight figures, people in gen 2's are putting out 200kw atw, which matches your 138kw/tonne, some have 210+ (144kw/tonne) yet you still cant even beat a XR5 to 100km/hr...
    and i've got time slips of myself vs an E55 AMG, i lost 0.2 seconds from 60ft to 400m mark (12 seconds of acceleration) which is more important to me than the than the fact he beat me by 0.7 seconds to the 60ft, as i have a rediculous amount of "get up and go" in my car, and how often do you launch your car?

fuel, economy, i live in sydney, it's shit... i used 10L to travel 40km in 2.5 hours yesterday... spent ~50% of that time in 1st gear flooring the crap out of my car on a cruise usually nets 9.5-10L
    insurance, yeah, it's a tad nuts, but i accept that, still a heap cheaper than a WRX tho...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Refer to a member on this Forum....2XS and his 1/4 mile times.....lets see your shopping trolley run a low 12 ya or even a mid 12 or 13 for that.......keep dreaming shit head!!

my car wouldnt weigh that. weight has been stripped out for now engine componants are lighter, exhaust, sound deadnings out, heat sheilds, will strip some of the car for the run ( will be puting dynamat in later so it will be heaver soon but still wont be 1465)

no matter what... its still a colt.. and a mitsushitsi.
    oh, and even I do better 0-100 than 6.9sec
    Thats basically std for an MPS.

Where do you live Andy, I am sure there would be a member close to you who would be prepared to make you eat your words.

Yes i know, yes its fully built... as i sad i have a standback running 2 maps.. daily about 200-220kw than a nuts one just for the track... Did u read my post in full?!!!!

10. Default

anyway going home now...poke poke poke poke see you on the road for some fun folks was a laugh for me!! Dont care if you win by a bit, you bloody well should given the sticker price and other costs your up for

Hey douchebag... I can see your linkbacks..
    Go and pat all your boyfriends on the bum while you are hanging out in the parking lot giving each other blowjobs late at night.
    Spooked MPS

Have a nice permanent holiday, ill see you on the streets.. good luck catching up in your mum mobile!

KTHXBAI

Guys, don't feed the troll.

Altho am I sensing a Rcolt vs Ozmps forum wars episode coming up???
    Last edited by Reedy; 12-05-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Hey douchebag... I can see your linkbacks..
    Go and pat all your boyfriends on the bum while you are hanging out in the parking lot giving each other blowjobs late at night.
    Spooked MPS

Have a nice permanent holiday, ill see you on the streets.. good luck catching up in your mum mobile!

KTHXBAI
    all hail the 'ed forum admin
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by ANDY View Post
    BTW why would you buy a 2 wheel drive for WRX AWD money. MPS means Mazda's Pricey Showpony $40k is a crapload of $ for something you cant drive properly in the wet. The new Renault will crap all over an MPS which clearly has trouble getting good 0-100 results due to wheelspin and torque steer acording to car mags
    Your worried for Bang for your buck and bring up at 46k+ Megane... You have know idea how our cars drive, i've gotta 0 - 100 in under 5.5 with only spending $1600.

Why would you spend $24k on a Colt when you can get a Used Pulsar GTI-R for 5k and there really isn't much difference in either apart from a old GTI-R has 4wd and the GTi-R will still smoke you and in reality most MPS's. There becomes a point where bang for your buck becomes pointless... I could of had a colt and modified it already but would of already had to sell it for $16k making a loss of over 1/3 of my investment, just due to lack size for what i need it for.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

haha.. i can tell yous from experience because i had a Gen 1 MPS3, one of the best cars i've had really, i would say its definitely quicker than a stock Rcolt, i did mid 14s at the drag strip and i have seen 13.9 with a stock MPS3 with lowered tyre pressures. Only penalty is its weight at 1430kg and if not quick from standstill it will eat most cars in in-gear acceleration. I was doing freewyas between 120km/h to 180km/h was so easy in 6th gear, just boost it and it pulls and pulls and the car is extremely stable too. Around corners its no slouch either because it has a Torsen LSD and 380nm of torque to punch out of corners. I was at Oran Park once with a bunch of Subarus doing Ian Luffs driving course and one guy even thought the MPS3 was AWD because it punched out of corners so well! That video was on youtube couple of years ago and i tried to find it but cant. But inevitably there is some torque steer and traction issues like any high powered fwd. The Gen2s are ugly as anything, and slower so if someone is getting one look for a good Gen1. They are a very good package

just cut and pasted this from R colt site..............
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Dam Justin beat me to the banning.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

so much comparison to the 3... get some 6 into you! i.e no contest, 6 FTW!

[QUOTE=ANDY;170371]1)Mate I have size 11 shoes and it has heaps of room inside
    2)It's got a huge factor and makes fun of the likes of your overpriced torque steerer
    3) I am marries and my wife is 52kg
    4)thats 24k brand friggin new

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

soo... you signed up on our forums to just try and prove your point that the colt ralliart is better?...

I considered the ralliart, but don't bullshit me cos I remember when I was going through Rcolt there were so many issues in regards to trying to over ride the ECU and MRT had problems with trying to tune it and all that other shit.
    They weren't able to put out that much power, and I remember that one dude on rcolt who had a red one, the most modded rcolt which pushed out something like 140Kw blew his engine, so dude with your shit

and FYI I pay $700 for comprehensive on AAMi as a second driver and I'm a P plater, and the Rcolt looks so god damn RICE, it meets the definition of a rice mobile, a box, with a bonnet scoop and recaros, that's if you got lukcy and actually got the 06 model. Which in your case I'm guessing since you paid 24K you got the later editions with piece of shit seats.

GOOD DAY

Someone just close this waste of time. The little boy in his little Colt can go play somewhere else.

I miss all the fun.

Bragging about his 0-100 times made me laugh.

Obviously quick off the mark like all small buzz boxes.

But lack of torque and top end means it struggles yo breathe later in rev range and dies.

I'm not sure why you would compare a WARM hatch with a hot hatch.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers, Tapatalk and Telstra NextG

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast