User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibilty? Gen 2 MPS vs. Ralliart Colt?

Quote Originally Posted by Brackaus View Post
    hmm not really speed racer.... It was still with a stop watch... digital stop watch :P

but what I ment by tighter pants is that it pulls in into my car.. not what you were thinking!

I KNOW YOU..

well only your online alias!
    Yes, yes I know I was just being facetious . Same as it makes my smile bigger when I hit 3rd gear!!
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Quote Originally Posted by Brackaus View Post
    Well...
    Yeah With a digital stop watch and camera we managed to 5.9 for my MPS Gen II.

and it was the same time as what a car mag got...

3rd makes my pants tighter...
    Must be that awesome intake your running
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

...I want his stop watch

Default Fastest Mazda 3 MPS?

Is this real. Make your own mind up. have a look.

YouTube - Fastest Mazdaspeed3 Streetcar 12.006@118.89mph 1/4 mile

Boosted to the MAX. 20 PSI.

[QUOTE=3MPSPWR;99939]Hey mate, yea i also found the clutch to be tricky at first and i also agree that i dont get much power @ 1st or 2nd gear... mainly 3rd after boost kicks in lol which is prob y the colt got the jump start the little bastard!

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Glad I'm not the only one! I got taken by a crappy work ute the other day out at Archerfield. My excuse is that I wasn't even trying and I'm sticking to it
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Had a white Mazda 2 with exhaust have a go at me this afternoon.

Wasnt going to bother like that time with the Neo but couldnt resist at the 2nd set of traffic lights.

Anyways, it was all over even before I hit 2nd gear

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Hi guys,

Just thought id love to get everyone going on an encounter i had last night! I had a Ralliart Colt which bascially gave my Gen 2 MPS a good run for its money! Which kinda also made me go just happened? lol We were pretty much neck to neck through 3rd gear with the MPS having a minimal maybe 1/3 car length gain... and that was the same through 4th gear...

By the looks of it tho, it had a exhaust but because it was night, i didn't see what other mods he/she had? It was kinda loud but haha

Now apart from the fact that the Colt is a relatively light car... the power against the MPS is down by ALOT but still probably has a good power/weight ratio... i still dont understand if it was possible to almost beating the MPS, i mean power wise MPS> Ralliart Colt
    Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYMPS View Post
    Is this real. Make your own mind up. have a look.

YouTube - Fastest Mazdaspeed3 Streetcar 12.006@118.89mph 1/4 mile

Boosted to the MAX. 20 PSI.

That's the race roots car, t67 turbo etc.

Ohh and a year or more ago I had a run in with a polo gti. The thing stayed with me into 4th. I had supressed the memory though, thanks for reminding me of the shamefull experience. By the way tell no one, ok?
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

I've recently walked a golf gti, which kinda suprised me. It just goes to show the best form of modding is weight reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Had a white Mazda 2 with exhaust have a go at me this afternoon.

Wasnt going to bother like that time with the Neo but couldnt resist at the 2nd set of traffic lights.

Anyways, it was all over even before I hit 2nd gear
    Just like some thing else hey Al all over before 2nd base Sorry mate i just had to
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Maybe for you, I always score a homerun

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Maybe for you, I always score a homerun
    Mrs. Palmer doesn't count AL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

In that case....oh crap!!!

Hahahaha Leelu... Yea i find i tend to use that excuse sometimes too.....Random utes jumping me ><"

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    That's the race roots car, t67 turbo etc.

Ohh and a year or more ago I had a run in with a polo gti. The thing stayed with me into 4th. I had supressed the memory though, thanks for reminding me of the shamefull experience. By the way tell no one, ok?
    Hahaha sorry to bring up the bad experience!! But i'm sure everyone here at OzMPS will keep it a secret for u! Shhhhhh

well i own both a COLT Ralliart and MPS Gen1 and i have to say the colt is not even in the same league, to beat the MPS he must have had the TMR flash, front mount, ralliart LSD and intake and exhaust they go hard when they have the LSD fitted... but i can see why with a GEN2 they are allot less punchy in 3rd gear then the Gen 1

Quote Originally Posted by heath_303 View Post
    well i own both a COLT Ralliart and MPS Gen1 and i have to say the colt is not even in the same league, to beat the MPS he must have had the TMR flash, front mount, ralliart LSD and intake and exhaust they go hard when they have the LSD fitted... but i can see why with a GEN2 they are allot less punchy in 3rd gear then the Gen 1
    Hmmmm Yea well it did have an exhaust and it was pretty loud... But like i said, he was doing pretty well haha gaining on me the little bastard! I reckon its probably also got a tune like u said to be this quick...

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Might i also ADD! We also flew past a red highway patrol cop car stopped at the lights turning left on the other side! I slowed down after but the Colt slowed down to match my speed and wanted to go AGAIN -_-" Clearly didn't see

straight line, waste of time. take the battle to the mountains i dont even dignify a squirt with cars like lancers and your run of the mill falcon/commodore. just not worth it. good to pick on porshes n stuff tho lol

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    good to pick on porshes n stuff tho lol
    Maybe they wont bother with you lol

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

Slightly "off topic" but I had an encounter with a Ralliart Lancer the other day and the little fu%6er kept up in 3rd until i ran out of road and had to back off. Quiet surprising I thought.

Though slower the Ralliart lancer it is supposed to be a match for the MPS so I wouldnt be shocked if this happened on the street, on the drag strip i would expect to win hands down.

Match for you maybe Al, but most MPS drivers acutally know how to drive , Been in the ralliart... it just felt lacking.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast