User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Making a Gen 2 Look tough?

1. Default

Just signed for a Red 09 for $38k with mats and boot lip protector. Now looking for some black 20's

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by FatCat View Post
    Just signed for a Red 09 for $38k with mats and boot lip protector. Now looking for some black 20's
    Can't wait to see some photos of that!

By the way, I like the red. I would never ever have thought about getting a red car, I was all set to get the grey ( I like the black but after two black cars I have always said I wouldn't do it again ) until I saw a red in the dealership.....I think I will be getting a red as well.

Good luck on the wheel hunt.

3. Default

My friend said my MPS was a girls car when he first looked at it, after he heard and felt the turbo he changed his mind completely haha he couldnt get the smile off his face,

At first glance it does look girly, but thats because everyone thinks its like a sp23/astra/girly hatch. I rekon its really good, less cop attention plus girls will like your car...and once people sit in it they will like it aswel.

Nice buy!

Congrats!
    Dont forget to update the pricewatch thread to help others!

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/off-t...gen-2-mps.html
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Congrats,

Thinking about it I think you are the first VIC member on here to have the Gen 2 Red (sorry if I missed someone) and now I think that makes the set.

Blue - Me
    Aluminium - Maginty, MPSed
    Black - there is a coupe
    Red - Fatcat
    White - Mickee

7. Default

Nice I sense a cruise coming up then... Should have it and wheels this week.

Yeh we need to think about the next cruise.

Any ideas let us know?

By the way what side of town are you on? North, east, south or west.

9. Default

North, Mill park.
    Another amazing feat the demo MPS i drove today registered 8.1 l/100

8.1 l/100
    I only can wish mine said that

North, Mill park.
    Another amazing feat the demo MPS i drove today registered 8.1 l/100
    i got a SRI put in and on the way back from cairns i got 6.8l/100 !! Normally getting 8.5 with mixed driving

Nanna driving

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post
    It is a MPS not a Neo. The MPS can not be grouped with the normal 3 range.

If you are going to generalise. It is a males car who is aged between 25 and 35.

I have not heard it called pretty. I have heard my car called hot but not pretty
    Pretty is def not an adjective that comes to mind to describe it!!

It annoys me when people say "oh yeah you bought a Mazda 3" One of the contributing factors to me buying the MPS was that it is definitely stands alone from the Neo, Maxx, Maxx Sport & SP25. There is still a hint of that grin but I choose to see the mean looking front end more so than the grin!!

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by the concierge View Post

By the way, I like the red. I would never ever have thought about getting a red car, I was all set to get the grey ( I like the black but after two black cars I have always said I wouldn't do it again ) until I saw a red in the dealership.....I think I will be getting a red as well.
    My sentiments exactly! I was all set to buy Aluminium, then walked into a showroom and saw the Velocity Red. I didn't want to buy a Red car but fell in love with that colour!!! None of the dealers here had an Aluminium one when I made the final decision to go with Red. I'd seen it on another model so it was a bit of a gamble but the day I picked mine up there was an Aluminium MPS sitting in the showroom and I knew I'd made the right choice for myself.

I think the brochures and the web made the Aluminium look a lot darker than it does in the flesh, more like the Titanium Grey that they discontinued.
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Thats normal, the MPS range still rather new and will remain unknown to most unless Mazda carry on with the MPS program for many years to come with some decent support performance wise.

For some of use that love to fly under the radar is actually a good thing that people have no clue that our kind of beasts exist.
    totally agree nirv. love the whole fly underthe radar concept. can surprise a few people while at the same time fly under the "radar" which means less money in fines hehe
    HKS cat back, CES SRI, DENSO Iridium cold plugs,MZR Shifter Base Bushings... more to come! got the mod bug!!!

+1 Don't you love seeing the looks on there faces

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post
    +1 Don't you love seeing the looks on there faces
    Yep

Even better when its a chick behind the wheel....although most dont have a clue with mine as my windows arent exactly easy to see through

Just need to spot a crazy blond chick using mobile to see you Missy

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    Yep

Even better when its a chick behind the wheel....although most dont have a clue with mine as my windows arent exactly easy to see through

Am wishing mine were a little darker - went with Bolle tint from Tint-a-car.....it's a nice tint but I feel exposed . I think most of the looks I get are.......what the hell is she doing driving that!!!
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

There might be no hope, not even autoexe has an answer

Might look a lot different fitted though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast