User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade MPS for S2000

1. Default

well I wanted a convertable for summer really... something to cruise around in... I've never even owned a car with a sunroof b4 ! lol

as for that 350Z... just read some reviews they are apparently over rated and the MPS would destroy that soft top... or so ppl seem to think

thats a big call, the 350Z, has a 3.5 V6, Ive never been lucky enough to go for a drive in one but I know their quick

Supercharged 350Z for shiz.
    Price should be coming down since 370 is out.

i heard a rumour they were bringing out a 3.5 V8

5. Default

well I hear the coupes r ok but the soft tops r a fair bit off pace due to the extra weight... weighs in at 1550KG or there abouts I think. I would suspect a 0-100 time of mid 6 secs....

thats why im not sure why you want one, would be good for cruising just dont expect much out of it

Thought I'd throw in a bit of info to make your decision harder

The major part of a car that determines how it handles is its structure. The more rigid it is the better it will handle. To give an example, I know of many cars that have taken around 3 seconds off their lap time just by installing a roll cage to make the structure more rigid. The roof of a car is like its back bone, take it away and the structure becomes a bit sloppy regardless of how much extra structure the designer puts under the floor.

Another example would be the new 3MPS where Mazda claimed that a sunroof was not an option because the engineers didn't want to compromise structural rigidity.

With the exception of the MX5 that was designed from the outset as a soft top, most soft tops are a bit compromised in the handling department.

If you're happy to trade handling for the attributes of a soft top, I'd say the best car is the one you like the most. Get the Honda, it's not like it's a bad car.

Gone to Volvo

8. Default

There are quite a few Sti's and evos out there, just remember that almost every Evo 6 to 8 is an import, as is any skylines on the market. 99% of STi's are australian delivered (except for the 2 door variety). The 2003 STi is a popular shape, one of my favourites, but I don't like the 2 tone blue/black seats.

Note: if you're buying a older model Sti or Evo, make sure you have a compression test done. the 2.0ltrs arent as suseptable, but still worth your while before you buy. More checks the better I say.

Don't forget there are some 04-05 model Golf R32's on the market for around the 33-35k mark. With some minor mods, these things rocket!

When I was in the QLD MX-5 club, there were quite a few S2000's in the mix. Nice cars, sound good with exhaust mods, and they go very well - on this point, I agree with kmh001
    Last edited by Wardski; 13-10-2009 at 11:06 AM.

the problem with soft tops is they are made as hard tops first, the only car that I know of that was redesigned as a soft top was a lambo and their soft top was quicker than the hard top, but everone else just cut the roof off and alot dont move the bracing

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pockets View Post
    the problem with soft tops is they are made as hard tops first, the only car that I know of that was redesigned as a soft top was a lambo and their soft top was quicker than the hard top, but everone else just cut the roof off and alot dont move the bracing

Thats not strictly true. I may be wrong here but I dont think the S2000 ever was ever a hard top ? I think the car was born/designed from the start as a soft top

I honestly dont know, what I wrote above was just to my knowledge, the majority of soft tops started as hard tops but Im not an expert on them all

12. Default

S2000 is soft top only - there may be some aftermarket removable hard tops like the MX-5 tho

well then it would be one of the better ones but it would still be a bit flimsy

Quote Originally Posted by pilotb777 View Post
    what u guys think of this thing ?? its not a track model and maybe I can bargin on the price a bit, but what u guys think of this compared to the S2000 ??

2003 NISSAN 350Z Z33 Cars For Sale in VIC - carsales.com.au - carsales.com.au
    i would definaly get a 350z coupe over a s2000.. the 350z convertible with the roof up looks horrid lol
    Last edited by kovmps6; 13-10-2009 at 01:08 PM.
    2005 Mazda MPS6 Radiant Ebony Luxury-Pack

Quote Originally Posted by kovmps6 View Post
    i would definaly get a 350z coupe over a s2000.. the 350z convertible with the roof up looks horrid lol

Doesnt it though, I love the look of the coupe but I cant stand the soft top, just like the 206

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pockets View Post
    Doesnt it though, I love the look of the coupe but I cant stand the soft top, just like the 206
    yeah... I just saw one in person on the road and I must say the coupe looks way more sexy. Also goin tonigght to see a dealer about an S2000 2001 model with 78K on the clock and he wants an extra 2 K on my car. Damn those S2000s r holding their value well theres some for sale with 100K+ for over 30 grand ! I cant believe this. It leaves the MPS for dust in terms of resale at least !

yeah true, good luck with it, let us know what you decide to do

Quote Originally Posted by pilotb777 View Post
    yeah... I just saw one in person on the road and I must say the coupe looks way more sexy. Also goin tonigght to see a dealer about an S2000 2001 model with 78K on the clock and he wants an extra 2 K on my car. Damn those S2000s r holding their value well theres some for sale with 100K+ for over 30 grand ! I cant believe this. It leaves the MPS for dust in terms of resale at least !
    you cant compare resale on a s2000 which brand new was 75k to a mps3 which was 45k ?

have you driven a s2000? or been in one? my wife said she wouldnt get into one if i brought it as it was way too small inside..

my mate had one great car but be careful and make sure you get it looked over by a expert !

They are 10 years old and some have been smashed,thrashed and abused !

go on s2ki.com forum it has a aus section on there with owners who know in and out and what to look out for..
    2005 Mazda MPS6 Radiant Ebony Luxury-Pack

thats very helpful, and you have a point about the resale value

This is in your price range too, will get attention driving it, just not sure it's the kind you want...

Some Crazy Honda

LCD's on the wheels! Just what every car owner needs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast