User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torque Steer

Default Torque Steer

One scary ride coming from Albany Creek Rd single lane following a XR6 non turbo and a SV6 Commodore and me behind and a Mazda 6 further up the road when it changes into two lanes both the xr6 & sv6 have gone for it and i'm in 3rd gear so I went for it to ( why not got nothing to lose), into the left land I slingshot both cars going up the hill and weaved back into the right lane in front of them with a car length clear of the mazda 6 in the left lane into 4th and at this stage I myself with the torque steer changing lane and into 4th I had to fight it 2 or 3 times to keep the car from crossing the centre island it wouldn't of been pretty ,got to the set of lights at hamilton rd and the mazda 6 gave me the thumbs up when he turn off and the sv6 pull up beside and he didn't want to have another go at this stage my heart rate was just getting back to normal something I haven't done on the road for a very long time.

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

lol You old fella's shouldn't do that too often, gotta watch the heart.

I don't know what got into me I was watching the 2 cars for a while and I just snaped and showed them, I have always been the person to keep that on the race track or controlled enviroment, I can tell you it's a different feeling putting the power on the track at Qld Raceway and the camber on this particular road it just wanted to spit me both ways..... But f**k I just took off I really haven't pushed the car like that tonight, opened my god dam eyes tonite not to sure what the boys did on the dyno at Allstar Tuning on Friday, bloody hell.
    Last edited by 240MPS; 06-09-2009 at 09:04 PM.

TS is for ppl with tuckshop arms.

Harden up!!!

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    TS is for ppl with tuckshop arms.

Harden up!!!

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    I was only just telling someone on Friday that I've slowed down a lot over the years and backed off with taking risks on the track and on the road, to many aches and pains I struggle with hard cornering with my neck and back. I have notice I've slowed right down at Qld Raceway to reduce the G Forces on the body, It's 15 years since I raced a GoKart I was only 29 then.

pffft I drive like that all the time.....and the 2 has a huge difference in power.......its fun to be young again behind the wheel.....or thats right I forgot to grow up...

A lot of the time it's tram-lining, but I've always loved the torque-steer in the MPS... Lets you corner harder up in the mountains.

*cough*
    Speaking of which, I beat a BMW M3 down Mt Nebo today. I dare say he wasn't impressed.
    *cough*
    Last edited by Jeev; 06-09-2009 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post
    pffft I drive like that all the time.....and the 2 has a huge difference in power.......its fun to be young again behind the wheel.....or thats right I forgot to grow up...
    I do have a problem with my C1 & C2 in my neck they have reversed in an accident at work in 1992 and I was told to stop racing by the doctors back then, but kept doing it for another 3 years with a neck brace, my body stiffens up to protect the neck from moving around to much. I was offered a ride to do a dirt rally in a GT4 Celica but had to knock it back. I miss the extreme fun but my options were limited, if they operated it was a wheel chair or DEAD I decided not to operate.....

i would decide not to operate too

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    i would decide not to operate too

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    Scared the living Jesus out of me I can tell you.....

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    A lot of the time it's tram-lining, but I've always loved the torque-steer in the MPS... Lets you corner harder up in the mountains.

*cough*
    Speaking of which, I beat a BMW M3 down Mt Nebo today. I dare say he wasn't impressed.
    *cough*
    Jeev you probably know Becketts rd when your coming from albany creek rd and goes into two lanes up to a crest sh*t rd at the best of times. I'd passed them before the top and there are some rough patches small pot holes etc. I love how it handles and the corners are brillant, I'm just saying these cars in the wrong hands is asking for disaster???? I had some scary moments in the HSV GTO Coupe with 370Kw never thought these little buggers would make my heart rate change I can tell you....
    Last edited by 240MPS; 06-09-2009 at 10:06 PM.

Just bring this article forward. Champs

Ahhh.... Now I see....

I only floor it for Commonwhores, WRX's and Honda owners....... Busting their superiority complexes one car at a time....

Sounds like you need a valium! Yer,we know you shouldnt speed ,but hey the ticker needs a boot every now and then ,and you need to know what the car can do ,especially if u have to. Sounded like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Sounds like you need a valium! Yer,we know you shouldnt speed ,but hey the ticker needs a boot every now and then ,and you need to know what the car can do ,especially if u have to. Sounded like fun.
    Man I'm still thinking about, but it was for the worst just flashbacks of what if I didn't pull it back from mounting the centre strip plenty of medium scrubs??? Valium would of been nice settled with a coffee when I got home

Great to hear your having fun, thats what its about ,a great big smile on the dial.

I got a smile just can't believe I pulled it off passing the guys I was at least 2 to 3 car lengths behind the SV6 and then I had to get the XR6 Non Turbo of course I don't think I had a chance with a turbo 3 to 4 car lenghts in front in a short stretch, it felt like a slingshot it happen so fast....

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I do have a problem with my C1 & C2 in my neck they have reversed in an accident at work in 1992 and I was told to stop racing by the doctors back then, but kept doing it for another 3 years with a neck brace, my body stiffens up to protect the neck from moving around to much. I was offered a ride to do a dirt rally in a GT4 Celica but had to knock it back. I miss the extreme fun but my options were limited, if they operated it was a wheel chair or DEAD I decided not to operate.....
    I cant believe how much we have in common rhino . i broke my neck in a car accident when i was 21 ,a drunk driver ran a red light and slammed in to my hillman gazelle . I went through the windscreen , i had an adontal peg fracture (hangmans fracture) and c1 and c2 have been fused together , in my case i had no choice operate or be a paraplegic the rest of my life ,i was given 50 % odds if they operated . Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Man I feel for you I wasn't taking my options given to me if I was going to be in a wheelchair or dead I rather do it myself enjoying what I'd enjoyed, I still got to be careful now plus I have 5 kids to think about. You have put up with it for 40 years minds only 17 years I get sick of the headaches I can tell you man I take my hat off to you....

Default I appreciate every day

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Man I feel for you I wasn't taking my options given to me if I was going to be in a wheelchair or dead I rather do it myself enjoying what I'd enjoyed, I still got to be careful now plus I have 5 kids to think about. You have put up with it for 40 years minds only 17 years I get sick of the headaches I can tell you man I take my hat off to you....
    Yeah ive had my moments over the years , but when i was released from hospital ,8 months in patient 18 months out patient i just went and did all the things the doctor said i,d never do again Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Need to get to cairns soon it's been 20 years since I drove to cairns and did all the islands I spent some money in 2 weeks up there got cairns going.Rino

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast