User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPS v Evo X rolling start

Default MPS v Evo X rolling start

well no video but one of me mates recently got an EVO X. from about 60km up to 1..km/hr the mps won. had a few runs following each other through roundabouts and the usual stuff. he wasnt pulling away, i had the advantage as mps seems to pull a lot better down low. up high around 6k rpm the evo would start to catch me but then id pull away on gear changes. right up into 6th gear. i came out on top! w00t mine has about 160kw atw so same power as the evo x then. i am very certain the car will be modded soon and will leave me in the dust.
    Last edited by remotegt; 08-07-2009 at 10:55 AM.

yep, we already knew this. The MPS rolling is a monster and not many cars will keep up. The Evo should ping you off the lights but as soon as we hit 3rd, its all over

good lil cars aren't they, really even the comparable cars in its class still are not quite as good! lol we all love our mazdas!

yer once he does a flash and zorst your toast lol.... guy at work just got an X... we havnt run yet.. dunno if we will.. haha

Blog Entries

I want an EVO X They are such a nice looking car!

I love it

I do hope you were doing these "tests" on a private road.

yep.

always, how dare you assume other wise.. none of us respected members on this forum abuse the law. We are angels. And our cars are out wings...

Does anyone know how the 09 STI rolling start compares with the MPS ?

mps owned

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post
    I want an EVO X They are such a nice looking car!
    Nice looking.....

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zackd View Post
    Does anyone know how the 09 STI rolling start compares with the MPS ?
    STi all the way on a stockie

Modded MPS tho, not a chance.

Had a lil squirt with one of the local lads that happen to have a R33 GTS , his has a full 3 inch TBE,FMIC 15psi .. and My MPS owned him....so after 3 sets of lights he gave up and turned off.

MPS FTW!!

14. Default

I would have loved to see that, although its understandable you whipped his ass, as stockies are running only 2.5 ltr turbo charged straight 6 with 185kW at the wheels and 294Nm torque. Even with his mods, he would have been pushing maybe 210 or so kW, but no where near as much torque as the MPS. Torque is the winner in this case.

I had a good crack at a fully sik modded R34 not long back on old Cleveland Rd (Brissy), and he totally owned me off the lights at Belmont. I almost had to resort to flat shifting to keep up.. Was about 3 car lengths behind cracking the 120km/hr mark and I had to slow down (70-80km zone). It was times like that I wished the MPS wasnt torque limited up to 2nd...

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    stockies are running only 2.5 ltr turbo charged straight 6 with 185kW at the wheels and 294Nm torque. Even with his mods, he would have been pushing maybe 210 or so kW, but no where near as much torque as the MPS.
    I think you mean at the engine 184 kW and 294 Nm.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    I think you mean at the engine 184 kW and 294 Nm.
    True, which makes it even slower....

However compared to the MPS they are infinitely more mod/tuneable

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    However compared to the MPS they are infinitely more mod/tuneable
    without a doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by remotegt View Post
    well no video but one of me mates recently got an EVO X. from about 60km up to 1..km/hr the mps won. had a few runs following each other through roundabouts and the usual stuff. he wasnt pulling away, i had the advantage as mps seems to pull a lot better down low. up high around 6k rpm the evo would start to catch me but then id pull away on gear changes. right up into 6th gear. i came out on top! w00t mine has about 160kw atw so same power as the evo x then. i am very certain the car will be modded soon and will leave me in the dust.
    i just sold the wifes mps to buy an evo x so i have first hand experience on both cars and yes i would say the mps on a rolling run is quicker. however steering and handling on the evo wins hands down even my 07sti with modded suspension had nothing on the evo. the thing with the mps suspension is it is just shit. not really bothered once the evo is run in pipe and a tune 230kws at the wheels by by mps

I guess it comes down to a 40k car compared to a 60k something car....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast