User Tag List

Thread: Most comfortable/Forgiving coilovers?

1. Default Most comfortable/Forgiving coilovers?

I'm looking for coilovers because i want some aggressive offset (Thinking XXR 527's, 18x9) and i don't think i'll be able to get the wheels i want under my guards without COs, but i also want them to be semi-comfortable if possible as it's my daily driver.

Does anyone know any CO's which are more forgiving for general road use?
    Last edited by stockholm; 21-10-2015 at 02:12 PM.

What offset and car? I think on the 3 at least you tend to have less clearance with coils than standard suspension or something like koni or bilsteins.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have KW Variant 2 coilovers of my 6 and am really impressed with how comfortable they are. Minor trade-off in comfort for a massive increase to handling and lows.

Loved the kW v3's on @Reedy 's 3... More comfortable than stock easily... Took 400m down the pot hole filled road near my house to convince me... They're not cheap though!

Yep KW V3s are as forgiving as you'll get. You feel the road a lot more, but it softens the impact of large bumps in the road over the stock shocks.

6. Default

Thanks guys

I'll check them out.

It's going on a Gen1 3

What are BC Coilovers like?
    I've seen they're fairly cheap... Comfort /10 compared to the KW V3s?

Probably less...

Most people have experience in one or the other, so I think you'll find it hard to do a decent comparison...

Also, they're at slightly different price points, so will attract different kinds of buyers... Tbh, if you're fitting 18x9, I suspect you're going for the look rather than functionality (ie track) at which point you're already starting to compromise ride quality...