User Tag List

Thread: Remember to change this in your service lol..

Default Remember to change this in your service lol..

So I was driving along yesterday and crackity snap, my main drive belt (serpentine) decided to eject itself from the car and coil around shit. It basically split in half lengthways and then VTA lol. Not sure if original, but just a heads up to thought approaching 100K like myself. This belt powers aircon, alternator, power steering and most important of all....the god damn water pump. Within about 10 seconds my normal coolant temp of 80 shot up to 115 and I pulled over straight away. Coolant still in head of course and did not boil, so all good. But I can't imagine if this happened on the highway with no where to pull over. Fortunately, my mechanic was under a km up the road and I got it towed, 80$ later it was sorted. Phew! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150821_20_58_04_Pro.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	17574
    2010 Gen 2 - "SPOOOL" (VIC) - Fully bolted

CORKSPORT TURBO | COBB AP3 | COBB DOWNPIPE | COBB REM | AUTOTECH HPFP | CORK SPORT 3" PS MAF INTAKE | COBB SF AB | CPE TMIC | CPE HEADERS | COBB 3 PORT EBCS | 3 BAR MAP| PEDDERS COILOVERS | DBA T4 SLOTTED ROTORS | CORKSPORT EYELIDS| FORGE V1 BPV| | MAGNAFLOW CUSTOM | VELOCITY RED | PEARL 2PAC STOCK RIMS | DUAL TUNED BY HPF ON E30

Nice save. Mine started fraying and winding little strips all over the engine. Switched it out at 100k too.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mine is still going strong at 200,000kms.

HTH

Nice, just takes a nick I suppose and its all over.