User Tag List

Thread: Tial QR BOV

1. Default Tial QR BOV

hey guys, just been looking at BOV's and came across the Tial QR BOV, haven't seen any MPS's on youtube with it. Anyone here possibly have it?

2. Default

People do run them. Its not very common because its a VTA and these cars are designed to have a re-circ unit. And its a bit overkill for what most speeds are putting down.

The QR is recirc version of the Q, which is VTA. Still too big though.

This helps
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Amazdaspe...ms.org+tial+qr

4. Default

yeah i was thinking of recirculating it.

i have seen a few tial's online with the whole kit going for more expensive than other BOV's, was just wondering what it sounded like and what fellow MPS' owns that do have it think of it

Quote Originally Posted by rlhchung View Post
    yeah i was thinking of recirculating it.

i have seen a few tial's online with the whole kit going for more expensive than other BOV's, was just wondering what it sounded like and what fellow MPS' owns that do have it think of it
    Stock turbo or big turbo?
    If stock turbo, keep the stock unit
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

6. Default

stock turbo haha..

oh why's that? My goal was to get a fluttering noise. I probably shouldn't be asking this here, but can you make the stock turbo flutter?

Quote Originally Posted by rlhchung View Post
    stock turbo haha..

oh why's that? My goal was to get a fluttering noise. I probably shouldn't be asking this here, but can you make the stock turbo flutter?
    Better response
    It's a really fast acting unit... So is nicer on gear changes and behaves nicely with a number of ECU functions (ie swas)

Yeah, you can get flutter... I hate it, but it's easy to do... Any aftermarket valve with adjustable springs will do it... Just put in a stiff spring...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

8. Default

yeah, i've only really liked the HKS SSQV with a recirc kit, and the Tial QR. I like the Tial alooooot better.

haha apologies about wanting the flutter, you probably think im a fag now :P.

Thanks for the insight Sarcastic.

Don't really care tbh

A fast acting bpv makes gear changes much nicer/smoother... But if you're willing to make trade off for the noise go for it

There is also potential to break turbo, but haven't seen definitive proof of that...

Default Tial QR BOV

Do you want it to flutter on part-throttle only? Most BOV will do this to an extent (my turbosmart dual-port does). If you want it to flutter when you let off on WOT, you will be stalling the turbo (exactly the situation the BOV is meant to relieve). Up to you, but seems a bit odd. If you want noise, do you have an SRI with metal TIP? This is a first IMHO.

11. Default

yeah, fluttering when i left off on WOT, yeah a lot of people say that it does damage the turbo, but a lot of people say it doesn't. It's always been a debatable topic haha..

I was thinking of getting an intake from COBB, as well as get a BOV together.

i have TIP with air box .. love the noise .. air box has holes in it tho from disconnected resinator box and other shit

13. Default

got videos ?

He will when he installs the TIP he brought off me.

Bit of advice, you will find it hard to get a flutter after WOT, and if you do you will reck the response of the car. Eventually you will hate it and change your setup.

A dual port bpv will help you in both situations so if you want to chase the flutter I may be able to list a turbosmart dual port I have, for sale for you haha