User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Perception of MPS's amongst other performance car owners

Oh.....I forgot which forum I was in. Can't expect you people to have good taste....

Nevermind Guest

We understand. You do drive a Nissan afterall. haha

Don't hate me cause I’m beautiful....

Nevermind Guest

we can comfortably pickup 3 chicks in our car, compared to 1 in yours
    Last edited by Nevermind; 04-12-2008 at 09:53 PM.

5. Default

pfffft beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermind View Post
    we can comfortably pickup 3 chick in our car, compared to 1 in yours
    grrrrr last time I checked I've got three back seats

Which makes 4 chicks...... and as for comfort..... they don’t expect anything less than a ROUGH ride from me........ i mean my car

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zackd View Post
    I had one next to me from standstill at lights and I got to the "speed limit" first ... I think he was suprised , so we came to the next set of lights and he knew it was on ... I was quicker again but he just kept going way past speed limit when I slowed down, he had a girl in his car so I guess he felt he had to prove something !
    Yeah, that's the problem. People's egos take over and common sense goes out the window....

Nevermind Guest

and cars get impounded

Thread revival...

I think our MPS secret is starting to get out, definitely more people know what they are. I've noticed people will actually get out of the way now if you're coming through and others in "performance" cars will make a huge effort to pull up near you at the lights and have a look at the car.

Blew away a standard VE SS ute from a rolling start up a hill the other week, poor bloke shat himself when he heard the turbo whistle

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    Well I agree...always get ppl asking what a MPS is...

Its starting to catch on tho...even the cops know what a MPS is...well some do

As for the XR5..i guess they get the same thing....as only a close eye can really tell the difference.

Things may change when the new 3MPS arrives...with all the kit and kaboodle.

Personally, I dont care....call it a girls car, shopping trolley etc....but it can beat 85% of the cars on the road...not bad for a turbo 4.

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    you used to say 90% lol!!
    anyway!! yes i love the car!! very fn drive, and the look of wtf on v8 drivers!! or even 6 turbo drivers as u beat tem buy a lengh or so!! i think the best thing about the car is bang for buck!! tottaly up with the pace of a 80 -90k+ european!! SLEEPA!! all the way, gen 2 tho is a diffrent story!!
    '
    'BRISBANE AUTOSHINE' MOBILE CAR DETAILING
    1300 35 65 95
    0406 427 269
    antony@autoshine.com.au
    www.autoshine.com.au
    GIFT VOUCHERS AND CLUB DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE**

I dunno what it is...maybe I'm just slow or my car is really slow but I don't think I could ever beat a VE SS let alone XR6 turbos. Is there really such a big difference between the MPS 3 and 6? Are you guys doing this stock?

there a little difference. about 350kg in weight. makes for a big difference.

I think I have to agree with BB on the fact that most people don't know what we've got.
    I like the idea of having a sleeper that only the truly observant car lovers know what hides under the bonnet...

I'm not a big one for BOV's and all that stuff, but I like the idea of scaring the crap outta someone when you leave them for dead, accelerating away from them!!!

Girl's Car? Shopping trolley?? Let 'em think that, will keep the tossers out of our beloved MPS's and keep them in WRX's and Skylines...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EVILMPS View Post
    I think I have to agree with BB on the fact that most people don't know what we've got.
    I like the idea of having a sleeper that only the truly observant car lovers know what hides under the bonnet...

I'm not a big one for BOV's and all that stuff, but I like the idea of scaring the crap outta someone when you leave them for dead, accelerating away from them!!!

Girl's Car? Shopping trolley?? Let 'em think that, will keep the tossers out of our beloved MPS's and keep them in WRX's and Skylines...
    Haha -
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Guess what guys,Cops do know the potential of MPS3. Here on the Sunshine Coast the cops have a black MPS3 unmarked. One of my friends got booked by them and he thought it was me until they activated lights.
    The cops car has lights on dash and lights under the rear spoiler insde the rear glass.and stobes inside the front grill . SO ha ha you have been warned. Regards Oldhead

Blog Entries

Cool - haven't heard of a unmarked MPS3...seen the Golfs, but not an MPS

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    I dunno what it is...maybe I'm just slow or my car is really slow but I don't think I could ever beat a VE SS let alone XR6 turbos. Is there really such a big difference between the MPS 3 and 6? Are you guys doing this stock?

You definately can beat SS and XR6 turbos and lib GTI's ... and lots of cars admittedly the surprise factor gets you over the line against the big guns but that is part of the joy in it esp in the 6. Ive lost track of how many times Ive done it then at the next set of lights you see them totally checking out your car to work out what it is, its a bigger slap for them too when they see a girl driving
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    Perhaps you've been running with modded SS's? Stock ones are not that quick. I've beaten SS utes to the speed limit while driving a rented 380. Easy peasy in an MPS.

The other day I ran with 2 magna's, smoked one but the other one almost kept up with me!!! Until we got to a corner. Must have had a supercharger cos he we real keen to have another go. How did it look from your perspective Matt?

Gone to Volvo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by remotegt View Post
    there a little difference. about 350kg in weight. makes for a big difference.

Mazda6 MPS 1612kg
    Mazda3 MPS 1402kg

Not 350kg difference, but 210kg...That does make a difference...but so does all wheel drive and no torque restrictions- Off the mark, 6 wins...which is why they are better in that situation...cruising and flooring it, the 3 beats the 6.
    Quote:
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shinslinger66 View Post
    Off the mark, 6 wins...which is why they are better in that situation...cruising and flooring it, the 3 beats the 6.
    Ohhh...I've been saying it was my ****ty start all along
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast