User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Perception of MPS's amongst other performance car owners

anyways, i just read all those forums rules about 5 mins ago, so i'm going to tread lightly and not get involved

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    Catch up...spend that much cash...and you will be keeping with a Bugatti

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    He will need to be driving a Bugatti to keep up with me!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Birdhouse View Post
    He will need to be driving a Bugatti to keep up with me!!!!!

i reckon i could put 2 seconds on your in my stocker

Quote Originally Posted by teamfletch1 View Post
    anyways, i just read all those forums rules about 5 mins ago, so i'm going to tread lightly and not get involved
    Whats the fun in that...rules are made to be broken.

Test the water..

Happy Motoring
    duglet

ok, have read the forum rules now also - feel much enlightened- Thanks

We had a Skyline on the Canberra cruise. He kept up with us on the straights, backed it off on the corners.

The RB25 is not to be taken lightly, nor is the SR20, depends on whats done to them

i agree, they are good cars, if i was after a car from last century i'd look at buying one

haha i'm just screwing around, i actually do really like them, pitty there are a lot of people out there ruining the reputation of such a good car. wouldn't mind one for a track car or a weekend toy

On the topic of the performance of the MPS.

I think the results in events like Targa Tassie speak for themselves, and the more these sorts of results get media attention the appreciation for the true nature of the car will only increase.

A lot of people will never accept that a performance car doesn't have to have a V8 or all-wheel drive.

Putting all the bagging aside, and sorry for hijacking the thread, there are SO many factors which determine ones’ lap times on a circuit.

Getting on the track is truly the second most fun activity you can do while sitting down. You will learn more about your driving skills and your car in 3 laps then you ever will on the road, no matter how hard you think you drive your car on the street. I just wish I had time to get out there more often; I still have heaps to learn.

To bring it on to topic, the more MPS getting on the track, the more exposure you’ll have to the racing community, and the more respect you’ll receive.

Squirting off at the lights is no indication of how fast your car is, and it’s also illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by teamfletch1 View Post
    i agree, they are good cars, if i was after a car from last century i'd look at buying one

haha i'm just screwing around, i actually do really like them, pitty there are a lot of people out there ruining the reputation of such a good car. wouldn't mind one for a track car or a weekend toy
    haha all is good. Homeless and I are very competitive, have been for many many years. And never let the other forget who’s on top!!!

And I couldn't agree with you more about people ruining the Skyline, Fast and Furious was the start and end for a lot of people.

I wonder when they will enter a XR5 in the targa tasman

Happy Motoring
    duglet

maybe if the FPV comes out

Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    maybe if the FPV comes out
    SO never then.....FPV RS Focus....so not gonna happen in Oz.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

what a shame

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    SO never then.....FPV RS Focus....so not gonna happen in Oz.

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    Thanks for rubbing it in Duggie

15. Default

wtf guys!

NOONE has EVER tried 2 race me @ the lights in my MPS. Besides one guy in a SP23 who just wanted to see how fast it was. He didn't expect to win.

I don't brag abt it or talk abt it unless someone asks me... and the only ppl that ask me are the ppl that kinda know abit about them...

... maybe I should brag abt it more.

Is that the lesson to be learnt here?

Lolz

no lesson to be learnt here at all. pretty sure we like people not knowing what our cars are, as someone pointed out earlier it means we don't attract unwanted attention.

But it's just annoying sometimes when someone asks about your car and you have to make a 15min explanation on the Mazda pecking order and where the MPS sits

yea i have given the 15 mins explanation to many people haha and told my mum plenty of times no its not like the girl down the roads car...

i have even told my mum that many times now what it is she corrects other people... oh its not the normal one... its a MP2 it does the woosh thing??????? paahaha .. so everyone thinks i drive a mazda 2 i think ?

18. Default

yea i have given the 15 mins explanation to many people haha and told my mum plenty of times no its not like the girl down the roads car...
    I've told my mum it IS like every Mazda 3 on the road, but mine just has some rims and is lowered, so she can sleep easier @ nite. HAHAHA

No good having her know that this car can reach 200kmph with ease. Not that I drive that fast. But if she knows it can then she'll be calling me every 20 mins whilst I'm out.
    Last edited by RoNi_SiZe; 25-11-2008 at 10:28 AM.

Nevermind Guest

I like the sleeper look, it suits me just fine.

Blog Entries

The reason I purchased my car was for the sleeper look...it ROCKS.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast