User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: REV Meter problem!

Where abouts are you in Sydney? I have an ebay obd2 dongle and torque on android that we can plug into your car to have a quick look at whats happening with the revs

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by azzman372 View Post
    Where abouts are you in Sydney? I have an ebay obd2 dongle and torque on android that we can plug into your car to have a quick look at whats happening with the revs
    Thanks azz, very kind.
    PMed

So I met up with @sam1337 today to check out the issue. Here are my minor observations:
    • The car "idles" at around 2.3k rpm when I saw it. Plugged in obd sensor and it is reading approx 850rpm
    • Engine is running at normal revs reading the value from torque
    • Disconnected amp from battery and issue still there
    • Cable from the amp goes via the right side of the car -> to the front -> to the left and then through the firewall
    • When the car is switched on, the tacho sits at ~1k rpm whilst the engine isn't even started. I thought it was weird as my mps3 sits at 0 rpm whilst the car isn't started
    • final thing, when you switch the car off the needles jerks its way back down to 0 from 2.2k. Its really weird haha

Thats about all I could do to help Sam out today as I only really had my obd2 bluetooth dongle. It does seem like there is an issue with the instrument cluster.
    Last edited by azzman372; 20-01-2014 at 06:48 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by azzman372 View Post
    So I met up with @sam1337 today to check out the issue. Here are my minor observations:
    • The car "idles" at around 2.3k rpm when I saw it. Plugged in obd sensor and it is reading approx 850rpm
    • Engine is running at normal revs reading the value from torque
    • Disconnected amp from battery and issue still there
    • Cable from the amp goes via the right side of the car -> to the front -> to the left and then through the firewall
    • When the car is switched on, the tacho sits at ~1k rpm whilst the engine isn't even started. I thought it was weird as my mps3 sits at 0 rpm whilst the car isn't started
    • final thing, when you switch the car off the needles jerks its way back down to 0 from 2.2k. Its really weird haha

Thats about all I could do to help Sam out today as I only really had my obd2 bluetooth dongle. It does seem like there is an issue with the instrument cluster.

Thanks Azzman for coming over and diagnosing what the cause of the problem is

But yeh... i think its the cluster problem that is causing it to be very weird.... in that case it needs replacement or?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12