User Tag List

Thread: Pop up lid media unit

Default Pop up lid media unit

Hi All,

First time poster, so be gentle

I've got a 2006 Mazda 3 MPS which currently has the "pop-up" lcd screen on the top of the dash. I'm looking to install one of the Eonon D5151A head units which makes the pop up LCD a bit redundant, so I'm going to take it out. However, i obviously need to replace the section of dash that i'm taking out with a section that doesn't have the pop up lid, so im trying to find a stock centre dash console from somewhere.

I've found videos on youtube of people installing these units, but i can't find anywhere that sells the original sections. Does anyone have any suggestions on where i can look (apart from a wrecker!).

Thanks!

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0115.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	279.3 KB 
ID:	14570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0116.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	211.7 KB 
ID:	14571  

I have the stock one

Hi @robj86,
    I will be installing a panel there with gauge pods moulded in it in a month or so, and will have the stock one spare after that. I'm sure I could sell it to you for a competitive price if you're interested!

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Harry View Post
    I have the stock one
    Do you mean you have the stock one installed or have it spare?

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Do you mean you have the stock one installed or have it spare?

Spare one

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Harry View Post
    Spare one
    Best to buy yours then lol.
    Proof of an awesome forum, first post is answered in under half an hour with items he's looking for

--> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

I also have one that came out of my ild mps which was also a 2006 model...

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Amazing response guys, this is why I had no doubts my question would get an answer!! I'm moving from Perth to Sydney next week so ill PM those of you that have a spare once I'm there to negotiate a price . Once I get it I suppose ill have a pop up LCD unit with a blaupunkt navigation system to sell as well...any ideas what these are worth nowadays? (I've never used to be honest, id much prefer a touch screen unit that I can manage media off). Thanks fellas!!

PM me if you decide to sell, I'm keen for a spare for my own flip-up MPS3 (modified to accept a HDMI monitor in CarPC).