User Tag List

Thread: car issues

1. Default car issues

hey i notice on my mps theres a burning peanut smell coming through air vents, then when i pop the hood its coming from the intercooler anyone ever had this or knows what it is?

Can you please repost after you have come off your 5-Day-Methamphetamine-Binge.
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 04-03-2013 at 12:22 AM.

Ok, my last post was a little harsh. But seriously repost with a more realistic car smell. I doubt Mazda gave the MPS nut-processing capabilities

Leaves caught in intercooler?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post

Can you please repost after you have come off your 5-Day-Methamphetamine-Binge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Off to get some peanuts to burn so I can figure out what it smells like then maybe help

Leaves or potentially wiring under the intercooler...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

8. Default

lol, yeah check wiring

I had a similar problem with my Rx7 a few years back. First i would get a weird pop noise then a woody smell shortly after. it was an electrical wiring issue under the intercooler. Check your wiring removing the IC is very straight forward.

Not sure about you MPS3 boys but on a 6 you simply remove the plastic cover by releasing the 2 bolts and then the other side pivots out. undo the hose clamp on the turbo and on the intake manifold. it should come straight out. M10 bolts from memory. I've had a FMIC for a while now so I cant remember.

Also, has this occured after the recent deluge we've just had? it might be water log somewhere.

Second idea; When did you last replace your cabin filter?

- Slix