User Tag List

Thread: First time at the Drags with the MPS6

Default First time at the Drags with the MPS6

Not the best times (car is much faster than I am) but had a great night, a lot of fun! will defiantly go again but could see how making it a weekly visit would realy take its toll on your car. first run was a realy week start but reved out well, second pass was the opposite, started well but didnt rev enough. there were some fantastic cars there though. how have others gone with there drag experience? I read the forums on launch rev's and all that, great pointers, tried to put that into practice but the nervs realy hit when your staring at the lights...

Western sydney International Dragway was the venue. great fun! enjoy the video.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
    CorkSport SRI-TIP ][ KingSprings ][ CP-E TMIC][ Cobb AP (stage 1 tune) ][ Prosport Boost gage ][ Apexi RSM, ][corksport top front strut brace ][ corksport top rear strut brace ][ corksport short shift plate ][ Autotech HPFP internals ][ CS LED light kit ][ CS rear engine mount][CSDP ][ GFB BOV ][DBA front disks]

Practice makes perfect.
    Try doing a decent launch from a sercluded set of traffic lights, get to the speed limit and back off.
    Forget about trying to impress anybody on teh first time. Just calm down and race the clock, not the guy beside you.
    I've ripped it out of gear when launching mulitple times.
    Juts pay attention to what YOU are doing and everything will fall into place.
    The cars aren't THAT fast that you can't cope, time and preactice will be your friend.

Also, every week WILL take it's toll, On your wallet.
    You'll only want to go faster.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Nice to see you having a go! We were all rookies at some stage. You'll want to go back for sure now after some upgrades .
    Seeing this makes me keen for another Sesh!

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    Nice to see you having a go! We were all rookies at some stage. You'll want to go back for sure now after some upgrades .
    Seeing this makes me keen for another Sesh!
    I'll take the Yaris, oh wait, nobody knows I own one.
    I need to get dark tint, so nobody can see me driving it.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by 2xs View Post
    i'll take the yaris, oh wait, nobody knows i own one.
    I need to get dark tint, so nobody can see me driving it.
    ahahahaha
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

Hahaha thanks guys, you are spot on with everything. I am already looking at my next 2 mods and the urgency for some reason has moved to the top of the priority list Very keen to go again. I went in thinking I was just getting experience and I parked the car after 2 runs to see some other cars do there runs and see how it's done. Now I just can't wait for the next free Wednesday night
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
    CorkSport SRI-TIP ][ KingSprings ][ CP-E TMIC][ Cobb AP (stage 1 tune) ][ Prosport Boost gage ][ Apexi RSM, ][corksport top front strut brace ][ corksport top rear strut brace ][ corksport short shift plate ][ Autotech HPFP internals ][ CS LED light kit ][ CS rear engine mount][CSDP ][ GFB BOV ][DBA front disks]