User Tag List

Thread: Im close to buying this MPS6

Default Im close to buying this MPS6

Hey guys,

I am close to buying this MPS 6 for $21,000

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...k&sort=default

Car is pretty clean, and it has one mature owner. It also still has warranty from Mazda till December.

Does sound like a good deal? I think it is. Ive been looking for months now, and this is the best ive found.

Looks like a good deal, could always get it checked out first if you are unsure. 21k is pretty good for an 07..

Thanks for your reply dazza.

Bit disappointing to see over 60 views and only 1 reply. :/

Not sure there is much to say, it looks clean, low kays and good price... Test drive!!

Ive already driven it. Didnt notice anything wrong at all. But then again, I dont know how a proper MPS should feel like. Ive test driven few others, and this felt better than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Musty View Post
    Ive already driven it. Didnt notice anything wrong at all. But then again, I dont know how a proper MPS should feel like. Ive test driven few others, and this felt better than the others.
    Sounds like you already know the answer, sounds good! Hard to go wrong on an 07 that still has warranty... Get it looked at if you are unsure, otherwise snatch it before someone else does.
    Typical things to look for - evidence of accidents, look at the tires for even wear, take it for a good long ride, feel brake pedal under foot for warped rotors, take to mechanic for compression check, shift all gears of trans for grinds, let it idle for 10-15 minutes and check for smoking turbo.. Might be worth getting a mechanic to check the motor mounts, but you should really replace these anyway, they are shite on both the 3 and 6. How did the clutch feel on the 07? Earlier models it was very notchy, should be mostly fixed in an 07 though. It doesnt look like the leather pack (cant see sunroof in the photos), hows the condition of the fabric seats? Does it have the MPS floor mats?
    Last edited by dazza; 10-08-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Thanks for your response dazza.

It is actually the leather pack.

Clutch feels okay, there was an 2005 MPS i test drove that felt pretty notchy, but on a 2006 and this 2007 ive driven, it feels pretty normal.

Im not sure about it having MPS floor mats. I dont think I paid attention to that.

I think im going to snatch it!

OK I gotta make a confession. I am not getting it for $21,000. I am actually getting it for $20,000.

I just said $21,000 to see what you guys think. But if you think $21,000 is a good price, then $20,000 is a bargain i guess

Thanks for your response dazza.

It is actually the leather pack.

Clutch feels okay, there was an 2005 MPS i test drove that felt pretty notchy, but on a 2006 and this 2007 ive driven, it feels pretty normal.

Im not sure about it having MPS floor mats. I dont think I paid attention to that.

I think im going to snatch it!

OK I gotta make a confession. I am not getting it for $21,000. I am actually getting it for $20,000.

I just said $21,000 to see what you guys think. But if you think $21,000 is a good price, then $20,000 is a bargain i guess
    Ya buy it, that is very cheap for an 07 leather pack even with stamp duty
    For comparison my 05 leather pack with 70k on it was 20k (drive away mind you) last year... Cars are getting harder and harder to sell at the moment so its farily easy to get a good price
    Last edited by dazza; 10-08-2012 at 10:19 AM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

One o my mates picked up a o5 6 mps with about 75k kms on the clock for 12k the other day. It's in good nick too.

Buy it.. its an awesome colour :P

Quote Originally Posted by turkminator View Post
    One o my mates picked up a o5 6 mps with about 75k kms on the clock for 12k the other day. It's in good nick too.
    12k, crazy good

There is a water damaged write off one for like 6k on ebay currently, if it was in perth, i had room, and needed a track bunky would be on it like poo on velcro.

Main things to look out for (may have been mentioned) is the VVT rattle on start up, rear diff mounts, engine mounts, signs that its spat coolant everywhere, should pull cleanly from low revs through to the fall off in power around 5500 rpm, and the smoke from the ol turbo seals at idle once she is warmed up. Front alignment is probably gone but if a mouse coughs in mexico it is going to go out of alignment anyway...
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

Did you get it mate?

Just checked car is sold...how did it go? Are you an owner?

Hey guys,

No last minute change of plans, I ended up buying another MPS 6 significantly cheaper!

Yes this one got sold. I was in touch with the owner after I bought mine, because my mate wanted to buy it, but it got sold to someone else.

Fair enough, what MPS6 did you end up getting and colour?

I ended up getting a late 2005 black MPS 6 with 90,000kms. Its got leather but no sunroof or bose subwoofer. Dont ask how, but mustve been a factory order or something.

Default Im close to buying this MPS6

I ended up getting a late 2005 black MPS 6 with 90,000kms. Its got leather but no sunroof or bose subwoofer. Dont ask how, but mustve been a factory order or something.
    And it came with the CPe Xcel Nano SRI!!

Haha, yes it now goes PSHH. For any other information regarding my car, ask Ray. He Had a good look at it