User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top Speed Of Mazda 3 MPS

But in saying that troy had other bit that kept the power to the ground

id say it IS possible. but it wont be a walk in the park.
    i would never expect to just throw on the BNR S3 and retune and run those times. there will be alot more to it.
    Your going to need good power, smaller diameter wheels with a good tyre, driver mod and possibly a clutch anyway. it wont be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    id say it IS possible. but it wont be a walk in the park.
    i would never expect to just throw on the BNR S3 and retune and run those times. there will be alot more to it.
    Your going to need good power, smaller diameter wheels with a good tyre, driver mod and possibly a clutch anyway. it wont be easy.
    Don't forget the "driver"
    Most important mod

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    I don't see anybody here with the balls or setups to get close to Troys 12.3, let alone try it on a stock turbo.

lol balls has nothing to with it

Its all about the $$$$$
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

It has nothing to do with $$$$

It's all driver and setup.
    It only had a 28/76r turbo, it's not "that" big.
    There were a lot of mods I haven't discussed on the forum or very briefly.
    To make a car go fast in a straight line, you need to sacrifice every bit of cornering ability the car has.
    Wheel alignment and suspension setup is a big key here.

@Bakis, Replace the most needed part.
    Putting a BT on with restricted exhaust won't help very much at all.

I did it with standard clutch, fuel pump, BOV and engine internals.
    Last edited by 2XS; 02-08-2012 at 06:11 AM.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Hi Guys... i"ve done 245km/h and there's still more to go, accelerator not even close to floor. I believe 260+km/h achievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aznee Mansor View Post
    Hi Guys... i"ve done 245km/h and there's still more to go, accelerator not even close to floor. I believe 260+km/h achievable.
    I'll be coming to Malaysia in Sept for a holiday. Lets do it! lol
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

lol...if you want to try the max for the MPS...
    malaysia is definitely the place to do it...

he does a top speed run on the autobahn

Great Review and comments, very slow on the needle climbing to 250 compared to what I've seen. Thanks for the article.

keep me updated KfuNk...

The guy does 250kph in the vid. Car still has limiters doesnt it? He is testing a new mps untuned. Easily get another 30-40kph on that with a tune and more breathable exhaust/CAI.

Quote Originally Posted by premhk View Post
    The guy does 250kph in the vid. Car still has limiters doesnt it? He is testing a new mps untuned. Easily get another 30-40kph on that with a tune and more breathable exhaust/CAI.
    I'd say no. Even with a 250kw atw MPS over 280 is hard! Been there in my Gen1 on a mates property ( he has a 3-4 k long bit of tarmac road).. After 240 its slow going, Gen2 even harder as they have more downforce
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

The Gen1 starts to wonder about 200-220 but at 230+ it sucks onto the road

16. Default

not sure if its the top speed, but i've tried 240km/h on the speedometer ONCE and that speed is not the full throttle yet ( almost shat myself)

17. Default

Dragging up an old thread (but hey, that's what the search button is for right?) Is it possible to remove the speed limiter without doing anything else? I ask because we have pushed the 6 to 280 before but now I'm reading it's limited to 240? The car is definitely NOT tuned but we also definitely hit 280 on the speedo...then backed the f*** right off and kissed the ground when we stopped :P
    Also before anyone starts I live in the NT and it was done in the open speed limit section of the highway, and the car didn't get up there quickly btw.
    2006 MPS 6 - prettyful, but stock under bonnet.

Stock car making 40km over the electronically limited top speed...I doubt it. More likely your speedo is just way off at the top end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Stock car making 40km over the electronically limited top speed...I doubt it. More likely your speedo is just way off at the top end.
    Yeah, it's way off... I've seen 220kph on speedo, and GPS said mid 190's
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

20. Default

I'll have to go out with a gps next time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast