User Tag List

Thread: My Journey to NSW

Default My Journey to NSW

Hi All,

So tis been a while since i've posted up on here or even been on the website, anyway, thought id let everyone know my litlle journey to NSW last week from MElbourne.

So work tells me theres a couple building that need to be inspected in NSW, So i thought id take the car up instead of plane....
    Just got the car serviced before that yet i still checked all the fluids just to be 100% sure, and they were all good.

There was one weird thing though every couple of weeks i have to pump up all 4 tyres, they get down to approx. 30psi every couple of weeks, however they are practically new tyres? does anybody elkse get this?

Anyway, leave Melbourne 5am half way up there i stop to fill up petrol and get a coffee, at this point i notice a screw in my rear right tyre!!!??? so im sort of p!!sed off but saw it wasnt that bad so i continued, i got to Albury NSW had a look at the tyre again and the screw was gone and the tyre was deflating slowly, quickly head of to get it patched up and the mechanic dude says he cant patch it up due to 'duty of car' because the hole was on the side of the tyre so at this stage i had no other option but to buy a new tyre of him for $270!!!!!, okay so now its all good couple hundred out the pocket but all is good and safe now...

Anyway i get to the inspection do my thing and head of to the hotel were i was staying the night, had a good nights sleep wake up in the morning get to the car, and make my way back to Melbourne, half way to MElb. i stop to fill up petrol, do a little walk around the car this time i see the rear left tyre has a puncture, so at this stage im like !!!!
    in the middle of nowhere couldnt do anything, but put on the 'space save' spare tyr on, so i go to the boot of the car look in the boot and theres no spare tyre!!!!!!! i bought the car with 6,000km on it i mean , how could there be no spare tyre lol....
    so i slowly make my way to the closest mechanics were he put a new tyre on i go to pay and theres no money in my account, my wife took some money out to buy clothes so im stranded in the middle of nowhere.... luckily enough the mechanic was a nice dude and when i got back to melbounre he let me transfer the money into his account....

Now we have a couple inspections to do in Bendigo, from Bendigo to Wangarrata from Wangaraata to Falls Creek, and he told me to do them hahahah now im scared to travel anywhere in this car, seems like bad luck hahaha.

Anyway im board at work so thought i would share my experince with you alkl hahaha..

Guess u wont be driving your car to NSW anytime soon!

haha im scared to drive it anywhere to be honest with.... Fu**en tyres!!!

JETMPS Guest

The only question i have is, why buy a car without inspecting it thoroughly?

yeh about the spare tyre?private sale or from dealer??

from a dealer mate, i couldnt of been more pissed off about anything else....

Quote Originally Posted by mpsexn View Post
    from a dealer mate, i couldnt of been more pissed off about anything else....
    have u gone back to them yet??

Reminds me of the incident where my car had to get towed..
    I couldn’t find the tow hook in the boot!!following weekend went back to the dealer, guy apoligised and gave me one from a new 3 in showroom.

Guess some poor bastard is gonna through what I did!!
    Last edited by SlowMPS; 01-06-2012 at 03:09 PM.

- poor guy...
    Nah i still havent gone back!! I mean i should have called them as soon as i knew but with work i dont finish untill 5 by the time i get to glen waverley were i bought the car from they are closed, so i have to wait till the weekend when im free and just BLAST THEM also, i didnt get a fkn service book, lol so ill have to go back to get that also....

i have the same thing with my new dunlops only done about 1400kms & i check them every fortnight & they all get down to 30psi, all 4 do not have any damage/screws that i can see?. i check the space saver as well which is always lower than the 60psi it should be.i carry a can of seal up incase the sidewall is damaged & the tyre is stuffed anyway & have one of those inflators which can pump up a flat tyre in 6 mins & you can preset the psi you want & it stops when its met(like the servo ones). brought at repco for $45 on special,has adaptor to pump up footballs as well without blowing them up!.fyi the spacesavers are not cheap if the dealer does not play ball & provide you one.also check your silver tow hook is there!.pk mps309.

I've had this problem with my OEM tyres as well. Randomly saw my tyres looked deflated and were sitting at 26-28 psi..

Took it to bob Jane and got them to check them and they said there was nothing wrong with them, except that running the stock psi was far too low and was apparently easier for the air to leak.

He said to run the tyres at 36-38 psi and I haven't had a problem since *touch wood*

Sorry to gear about your run of bad luck though @mpsexn hope it turns around for you!

Quote Originally Posted by mpsexn View Post
    - poor guy...
    Nah i still havent gone back!! I mean i should have called them as soon as i knew but with work i dont finish untill 5 by the time i get to glen waverley were i bought the car from they are closed, so i have to wait till the weekend when im free and just BLAST THEM also, i didnt get a fkn service book, lol so ill have to go back to get that also....
    Theres your problem right there don't buy cars from dealerships or from the SE burbs big mistake happened to my misses 4yr old vectra gearbox and TCM both blew at the same time
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

Quote Originally Posted by Axspeed6 View Post
    Theres your problem right there don't buy cars from dealerships or from the SE burbs big mistake happened to my misses 4yr old vectra gearbox and TCM both blew at the same time
    Not sure if being serious......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now