User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 72 of 72

Thread: Old unmarked vans to be converted to covert speed cameras

  1. #61
    Nirvandan's Avatar
    Nirvandan is offline The Black Hawk
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Brisbane-North-City
    Posts
    5,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    Who are you??? and what have you done with Corey????
    He has grown up, when are you....?
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

  2. #62
    tigamica350's Avatar
    tigamica350 is offline ZOOM, ZOOM, ZZOOMZ
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Age
    52
    Posts
    219
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000MNLESS View Post
    I'd say there would be a greater cause of accidents with people to busy texting while driving then black spots on the road. If you take notice a great deal of fatalities seem to have a trend to be on straight roads.

    I don't know how many times I have nearly been cleaned up by idiotic drivers texting and TRYING to drive at the same time. Having your phone on loud speaker is bad enough.

    Licencing is a big worry, people are only been taught to pass the test, and not be able to drive in a confident manner let alone be able to handle themselves in a dangerous situation.

    Ain't that the truth
    2006 True Red Gen 1 3 MPS Sports.


    ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

    Corksport Stuff, Special Mazda 6 Horn


  3. #63
    MISSMPS's Avatar
    MISSMPS is offline "Blame it on my ADD baby"
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    northside
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    He has grown up, when are you....?

  4. #64
    Nirvandan's Avatar
    Nirvandan is offline The Black Hawk
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Brisbane-North-City
    Posts
    5,310

    Default


  5. #65
    TieNN89's Avatar
    TieNN89 is offline Full Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Lowering the road toll? pfffttt
    Its all about revenue

    Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post
    Older vehicles must be restored to roadworthy status, rewired and fitted with airconditioning and powerful batteries. None of the covert cameras will bear police markings.
    ha the amount of shit these things have in the back of them its gonna be worth more than the van itself

    In fact the fuel bill from leaving it running idle would pay for the van alone

  6. #66
    Kranky's Avatar
    Kranky is offline My Scooter Rocks
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Northside Brisbane
    Posts
    25

    Default

    They will probably just buy the WICKED Camper Vans.. apparently a few of them are available .... hehehe

  7. #67
    TD's Avatar
    TD
    TD is offline ex MPSer
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kranky View Post
    They will probably just buy the WICKED Camper Vans.. apparently a few of them are available .... hehehe
    I wonder what slogans they'll have painted on them?

  8. #68
    LILZLR's Avatar
    LILZLR is offline Forum Addict
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CAIRNS
    Posts
    943

    Default

    This is BS ! ! ! Im sure that is not legal, isnt it entrapment ? Or something. Like dont they have to make the public aware of the camera, via signage ? ? ?

  9. #69
    Nexus's Avatar
    Nexus is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Geelong
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,548
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The government will do whatever it damn well pleases, legal or no unless the public voice concern, and most of the time they'll do it anyway, even if it's a spectacularly bad idea.

    We had a water recycling referendum and the awnser was "no!". A resounding no, in fact.

    The response from the government was to declare that it will go ahead anyway. Apparently all the referendum proved is that people are too stupid to be allowed to decide for themselves.

    And apparently we are because not only has this proven your vote is meaningless, but if a referendum vote is invalid due to public stupidity, wouldn't an election vote be equally invalid?

    "We will never ever have a GST" Johnny Howard.

    Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    This is BS ! ! ! Im sure that is not legal, isnt it entrapment ? Or something. Like dont they have to make the public aware of the camera, via signage ? ? ?

  10. #70
    LILZLR's Avatar
    LILZLR is offline Forum Addict
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CAIRNS
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    The government will do whatever it damn well pleases, legal or no unless the public voice concern, and most of the time they'll do it anyway, even if it's a spectacularly bad idea.

    We had a water recycling referendum and the awnser was "no!". A resounding no, in fact.

    The response from the government was to declare that it will go ahead anyway. Apparently all the referendum proved is that people are too stupid to be allowed to decide for themselves.

    And apparently we are because not only has this proven your vote is meaningless, but if a referendum vote is invalid due to public stupidity, wouldn't an election vote be equally invalid?

    "We will never ever have a GST" Johnny Howard.
    Why bother to vote, one thinks ? ? ?
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

  11. #71
    Street Road Laino's Avatar
    Street Road Laino is offline Team Soccer Mum
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Redlands
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    Who are you??? and what have you done with Corey????
    He is Sober
    Alcohol - Some Of The Best Times, You Will Never Remember

  12. #72
    TieNN89's Avatar
    TieNN89 is offline Full Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    This is BS ! ! ! Im sure that is not legal, isnt it entrapment ? Or something. Like dont they have to make the public aware of the camera, via signage ? ? ?
    Pretty sure it was last year that they strip the signage and the stickers from the law

    So no they do not have to have signs out and be a marked vehicle anymore

    Although some of them still do have stickers and some of them have been removed

    That goes for QLD not sure about other states

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •