User Tag List

View Poll Results: What fuel do you use?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • Caltex Vortex 98

60 20.69%
  • Shell V-Power

57 19.66%
  • BP Ultimate

161 55.52%
  • Mobil 8000 (98)

11 3.79%
  • Generic (No-Name) 98RON

1 0.34%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel - What do you use?

If you live in WA, and clicked anything other than BP98, then I laugh at you.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    Dammit!!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    And that ma friend is the right response

Came across this tonight...interesting results..wonder if its the same for our cars.

5. Default

NA's that specify 91 dont benefit from the extra RON in terms of power, but they do benefit from the extra cleaners and once the ECU learns, fuel economy improves.

However run a turbo that specifies 98, on 91 and you'll know about it (pulling timing, loss of power, etc, etc..)

The difference in manufacturer's fuels also varies from country to country. Here most hi octane Shell fuels are imported, where as BP's is made locally - which is why BP is a better choice for us here in Australia.

interesting....i was thinking about changing over from those tests but as you said...id rather get local fuel as it hasnt been sitting around for ages before it gets here

Bump!

Default Re: Fuel - What do you use?

3 litres of caltex 98 to every 1 litre of caltex e-flex

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by aeon View Post
    Hi folks, I noticed on my MPS fuel door it says that it supports E10 - has anyone used this, and any comments on performance/economy? I general fill up with Vortex 95, but I had tried a tank of Ultimate 98, and subjectively didn't notice any different in performance or economy.
    Gday - I am also interested in the ethanol blend fuel. I rang mazda and they said the car will run fine on it. I live in Melbourne so i use the United E 10 fuel. But i also use Shell 95 once a month but i am interested to hear others thoughts also ?

Default Fuel - What do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by wian View Post
    Gday - I am also interested in the ethanol blend fuel. I rang mazda and they said the car will run fine on it. I live in Melbourne so i use the United E 10 fuel. But i also use Shell 95 once a month but i am interested to hear others thoughts also ?
    I used E10 when I bought my car and when I went for my first service they asked me if I was using it.

I said yes and they asked me stop of I loved my car as eventually it will clog my injectors and require a full clean out.

After that I started back on 98 and felt a big surge of power and haven't looked back

I'm sure if the car is "tuned" to run ethanol it will be fine but otherwise I wouldn't

In saying that, today I filled up for the most expensive price that I have ever filled up for

$1.649
    55.29L
    $90.62

You just can't win, but without a tune, IMHO the power difference just isn't worth it!

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Used BP 98 for 6 months till they had a bad batch but now caltex 98 and car has started misfiring on wot dropping a big chunk of black smoke on everyone's face lol

Currently only running 95. Cannot pick the difference in performance or fuel consumption between 95 and 98, btw, car is bone stock. Like Peter said, if it is not tuned for it, you will not benefit from it. On the subject of Ethanol, I ran my Evo on Eflex and did notice that there are quite a few clogging issues with it. You get a gum like build up on the injectors, which eventually clogs them, and petrol filters also gets clogged up with a black substance. There is a lot on the web about it and to this day they are not 100% sure what causes it. Initial findings point to the unleaded causing it in the Ethanol mixture. I personally will not use even E10 on my car as I know that there are some issues. Ethanol is great for performance if tuned for it but it does come with its drawbacks. My 2c
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

BP ultimate 98 since day 1. Have tried others, worse one for me was Shell, yuck!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

BP 98 but might start using united 100 since its close, those extra ron cant hurt

Tuned for BP-98 but have used Shell/Caltex/7/11 when in absolute dire need.

With my previous WRX its always been BP & Shell but preferrably BP. Even with my MPS now I mostly use between those 2 brands but usually whichever I find one first in a pinch!

17. Default

Shell V Power from day 1.

Maybe half a tank of emergency fuel, always 98.

Shell easier to find than BP, and no difference between the competition leaders. As long as it's not United, 7-11 or Caltex since they're all pretty avg.

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    I used E10 when I bought my car and when I went for my first service they asked me if I was using it.

I said yes and they asked me stop of I loved my car as eventually it will clog my injectors and require a full clean out.

After that I started back on 98 and felt a big surge of power and haven't looked back

I'm sure if the car is "tuned" to run ethanol it will be fine but otherwise I wouldn't

In saying that, today I filled up for the most expensive price that I have ever filled up for

$1.649
    55.29L
    $90.62

You just can't win, but without a tune, IMHO the power difference just isn't worth it!

Peter "SLIXX"
    Every 4 fill ups, i now use 1 tank E 10 Ethanol, 2 tanks Shell Vortex 95, and one Tank Shell V Power 98. I used to use a lot more United E 10 Ethanol purely for cost measures, but now i have decided to not use as much Ethanol for the health of the car

In saying that, i havent noticed any health issues yet with the car in using the Ethanol Fuel, but prevention is better than the cure. Mazda did tell me that the car is ok to run on ethanol fuel

There will be no health issues on E10.

Very successful scare mongering by oil companies that would rather you bought 100% petrol off them.

ALL fuel in North America is E10 and ALL fuel in Europe is E5. Their cars are fine, ours aren't any different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    There will be no health issues on E10.

Very successful scare mongering by oil companies that would rather you bought 100% petrol off them.

ALL fuel in North America is E10 and ALL fuel in Europe is E5. Their cars are fine, ours aren't any different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Varies state to state in America... Some are, some aren't... I thought the same, and after checking with MSF, turns out I was wrong
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast