User Tag List

Thread: The relation of flow and pressures

Default The relation of flow and pressures

Bernoulli's Principle states that as the speed of a moving fluid increases, the pressure within the fluid decreases.

I have spent the last few hours exploring the net to find a simple animation that I recently watched ,and have failed as I thought is something that would help a lot of forum members understand the basics of fuel pressure, time and flow and how this applies to your fuel system when making a decisions to mod your car.

In this animation it showed the relation of Pressure,Volume and Time and the effects of a change in those 3 variables .

Some of you may or may not be able to relate this to your HPFP but I am sure this is helpful in understanding how parts work in your car!

Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

picture?

Im still looking for the animation!

Bernoulli isn't all that relevant to fuel pressure within a contained system, particularly in a car with modest performance like an MPS. Bernoulli has a lot more relevance when dealing with things like getting air into an intake, an intercooler or a brake duct. For example Bernoulli explains why at high speed there is a high pressure area at the base of the windscreen and a low pressure area over the bonnet.

In terms of fuel delivery it's actually a very simple process of determining the BSFC requirement of the engine and then designing the system to supply the appropriate amount of fuel in terms of kg/hour. In a high performance car the biggest challenge you'll face is overcoming acceleration forces which impose backwards pressure on the fuel delivery system. It's a catch 22 situation whereby the more hp the engine makes the bigger the fuel requirement, but the more hp it makes the harder it launches. So you increase the size of the fuel line to make more hp but then you have a greater mass of fuel that wants to flow back into the fuel tank under the force of acceleration. In these situations the static delivery rate of a fuel pump quickly becomes irrelevant and you end up with multiple fuel pumps simply to deal with Newtons third law.

Fortunately Newtons third law makes front wheel drive cars incapable of launching hard enough to encounter this problem. This is really the domain of RWD drag cars where weight transfer allows the acceleration rate to increase rather than decrease as it does in a FWD car.
    Last edited by kmh001; 03-06-2012 at 02:13 AM.

Gone to Volvo

Bugger

Don't be discouraged. Being inquisitive advances your knowledge and I applaud you for doing so.

+1. Every single knowledgeable person, on this forum or otherwise, has at one point or another barked up the wrong tree. Probably many, many times.

call it "live and learn" or "trial and error".

Your a **** head

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Actually, your both **** heads.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Your a **** head

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Actually, your both **** heads.
    I still love you bitch.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

The fluid in a contained system such as any hydraulic system is a different subject and theory all together, even different to newtons law believe it or not!

The above 2 ball bags should also correct the hundreds of uni students, professors and scientists that came up with this shit, I can give them a link to a google search bar if they like.

Also, thanks for shitting on the post, champion effort cock heads.

Hang on a sec.

You start a thread to share some animation which shows some very cool dynamics, leading to me clicking on said thread as such things interest me.

Unfortunately said animation never eventuates...

Someone suggested you're theory doesn't apply, but applauded the fact that your investigating it, to which I agreed and added a little something encouraging of my own.

You replied with some kind of expletive i didn't understand...

Nice effort... Maybe post something actually substantial (YES THE BLOODY LINK YOU THINK EXPLAINS EVERYTHING), before having a whinge about other members being supportive... that's how the community benefits... Which is why we're all here.

Please keep it civil guys

Believe it or not the material is unable to be found, I have continued to try but the material is the property of the company I work for and is for in house use only.

This place gets more and more like romper room every day.