Thread: How to: Post images

Blog Entries

Default How to: Post images

There are two ways to post images on the forum:

1. Attach an image to your post by uploading to the forum
    2. Display an image in your post that is on another site/server

I will detail how to do either below.

Attach an image to your post by uploading to the forum

This method is a little bit annoying and it is recommended to do it the second way, but I'll explain it anyway!

NOTE: You can't do this method in quick reply, you need to be in the new post window

1. Click the attachment icon

2. This will bring up the attachment manager. It will show things that you have previously attached, which you can reuse if you wish. Click 'Add Files'. This will bring up a small white box, which you need to click 'Select Files'

3. This will then open a diaolg box for you to browse to the file you wish to attach. Once you have selected all the files you wish to attach, click upload files

4. This will then upload the files, and then they will appear in your attached items box

5. If you wish to insert a clickable thumbnail of the image, click 'Insert inline'. This will put the code where your cursor last was in your post and display a thumbnail. If you wish the item to just be visible at the bottom of your post as an attachment, just click done.

That's it!

Display an image in your post that is on another site/server

This is the preferred method for various reasons:

• It allows you to display an image at full size
    • It doesn't use our site's bandwidth

First thing you need to do is to get the direct link to the image file. Most image hosting sites such as Photobucket, Picasa etc have a 'direct link' easily visible for you to use. I will use Picasa Web Album as an example (must be uploaded to web album so it is viewable on the internet):

Click on the image in your Web Album that you wish to use. Click the 'Link to this Photo' on the right hand side and copy the 'Link'

If you wish to use an image on another site, simply right click on the image and choose the option that matches which browser you are using:

Internet Explorer - Click 'Properties' and then copy the link that usually ends with .jpg
    Firefox - Click 'Copy image location'
    Google Chrome - Click 'Copy image URL'
    Safari - Not sure

Once you have the link, you can insert the image into your post. You can do this in quick reply or in the full post editor.

1. Click the insert image icon

2. Paste the link into the dialog box and click OK

3. The code will now appear in your post where the picture will be

4. Click post and view the wonders of inserting images into posts

2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Oh my brain hurts

Thanks Rowan might give the other way a shot one day...One thing at a time for today . Nursing a spliting headache

Thanks Rowan still not easy 4 me but my daughter is going to help me thru the instructions
    Col

Blog Entries

Awww. I tried to make it easy

My sig pic disappear. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post

GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

The only way i can get this to work through Picasa is to get the 'Embed Image' link with the 'Image Only (no link)' check box selected then manually put it between [IMG]&[/IMG]
    selecting the thumbnail size determines how big it will showup in the post

Embed link e.g. type "[IMG]+https://link.to.image.url.jpg+[/IMG]" ofcourse do not include the "s or the +'s

Last edited by Dices; 30-09-2011 at 04:54 PM.