User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tunehouse - Ecutek tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by wookiebmx View Post
    Maybe Jim has a new tuning technique. Sacrifice the KW for more torque??
    Here are just my dyno graphs compared. The big one is when I first had it tuned, then the tunehouse dyno day and then last week when I had it re-tuned. Definitely shows some evolution in how Jim tunes MPS's. The real ones to compare are the run from the dyno day and then the re-tune because while it made good power when it was first tuned, my engine has done a lot of miles since then.

Power delivery is much smoother now than it was before, it drives way better around town. And I will see on Wednesday if it gives me any benefit at the track (My Vmax at wakefield park is usually about 175km/hr, let's see if I can get an extra couple of k's this time around)
    Last edited by Reedy; 22-04-2012 at 06:13 PM.

So I took wookies car for a drive today. It feels good!
    We also had bit of a 2nd, 3rd pull up a pretty steep hill. I was on him good in 2nd but the further we get the more he pulls on me. Bastard! Haha.
    My opinion is he has a FULL exhaust. It the only thing separating him from you other guys with the hyperflows.
    I don't think it's a freak engine, at the first dyno day at Tunehouse, it made the same as the other cars that also had an intake only. I think it's a combination of good supporting mods and a great tuner.
    Last edited by Cton; 22-04-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Honestly, think its the tmic... I've seen and felt the difference on my car with OTS maps in tmic vs no tmic, and on bum dyno at least there is a big difference

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Umm, Jace, Oldhead have the TMIC too.

Oh yeah.
    Picked my car up from Tunehouse tonight. Jesus, the car feels sooo much stronger.
    Had a few hardware changes and retune. Its strong for stock turbo. Thats for sure.
    Extremely happy i had Jim work on the car again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    Oh yeah.
    Picked my car up from Tunehouse tonight. Jesus, the car feels sooo much stronger.
    Had a few hardware changes and retune. Its strong for stock turbo. Thats for sure.
    Extremely happy i had Jim work on the car again.
    Nice
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Very very happy for you Cton, Jim is the man!

Before/after graphs? Curious to see/hear what sort of lag that epic fmic introduced

No graphs will be shown.
    But trust me its alot stronger in every way. with no more lag than the factory TMIC.
    Car is absolutely awesome. and i am super happy i went with Jim instead of the Accessport. i wanna drive the car not monitor the shit out of it.
    I will post 1/4 times when im happy.
    Thanks @Chris at Tunehouse!
    Last edited by Cton; 25-07-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Ran a couple of 107.5mph's tonight. My ET sucks balls though.
    And my clutch isn't happy. @2XS

Good trap speed
    Btw, pics of fmic???

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Good trap speed
    Btw, pics of fmic???

Sorry, will get some up tomorrow.
    I didnt have the car Monday or Tuesday, and was pretty busy today.

@SarcasticOne @LittleredMPS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1357.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	174.2 KB 
ID:	11736   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1361.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	189.3 KB 
ID:	11737  

imo, doesnt work quite as well as a FMIC on a gen 1, but still looks the goods
    just need the thick black bit to not come down over the front of the IC and it would look better
    bet it makes a nice change from the epic heat soak at the drags?

Yea the Gen II Grille doesn't suit a FMIC quite as nicely. The one that Jace bought that nobody liked would probably look alright with a FMIC tho.

Nice fogs and surround.

17. Default

I may as well use this thread since it's Ecuteck related, can Eckutek place some custom restrictions on the first 2 gears to help reduce wheel spin like the Cobb/ATR can.

Excellent result there. I think im going to bite the bullet soon and get an ecutek tune, Im just debating whether to go up to tunehouse and get it done or just get it done here where I live in Canberra.

What sort of average fuel economy, savings are you guys getting after the ecutek tune?
    Last edited by azmps6; 13-05-2013 at 12:10 AM.

I second the question about boost limiting gears? I wanna go nuts with the motor, but if I can't get the car moving after a rush of blood, (I admit I get excited and just plant it, adrenaline is not my friend) then it might be pointless for me??

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by azmps6 View Post
    Excellent result there. I think im going to bite the bullet soon and get an ecutek tune, Im just debating whether to go up to tunehouse and get it done or just get it done here where I live in Canberra.

What sort of average fuel economy, savings are you guys getting after the ecutek tune?
    Won't go wrong with Tunehouse if you can stomach the trip up to Sydney.

I would say that with normal driving the car retains the same fuel usage and economy - so essentially you get all the benefits of a tune in increased power and driveability without any additional fuel usage (generally speaking). However, driving in traffic post tune, I find the car munches through fuel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast