User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stratified Tune

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Thanks Rayd...i'm going to check everything again. I supplied Mike all the info regarding my mods before the Maf Cal was done so i'd say all was factored in here. Things seem to be pointing to boost leak again :-/ ....

Another thing (excuse me in advance if i seem really vague here) but would it make a difference knowing that the Injen SRI allows unmetered air only?
    Only unmetered ? As in the MAF sensor is not installed???

Yes it has a maf sensor...something to do with a stem inside the sri that may distort how the air flow is metered? Sorry am out of my depth. Maybe @2XS could explain better...

Yes it has a maf sensor...something to do with a stem inside the sri that may distort how the air flow is metered? Sorry am out of my depth. Maybe @2XS could explain better...
    Oh you mean there's no air flow straightener , not a big deal at the stock sized intakes. So shouldn't be an issue with that, as mentioned just go over your clamps and pipes to make sure there's no splits or loose clamps that could cause a boost leak

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Oh you mean there's no air flow straightener , not a big deal at the stock sized intakes. So shouldn't be an issue with that, as mentioned just go over your clamps and pipes to make sure there's no splits or loose clamps that could cause a boost leak
    Yeah, thanks for correcting my terminology there's always 1 in every forum *puts hand up* ...I'll give the engine bay a good look over again tonight...
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

The Injen SRI has a sube welded inside with allows unmetered air to pass the MAF sensor.
    I'll try to find a photo.

So ironed out a few small indiscretions (won't go into details...let's just say user fail...again) then headed out again tonight.. car is feeling great, no CEL to speak of.

3rdGearWOT3A.csv

4thGearWOT3A.csv

So ironed out a few small indiscretions (won't go into details...let's just say user fail...again) then headed out again tonight.. car is feeling great, no CEL to speak of.
    Mate, are you keeping your foot on the floor the whole time? What is going on with the "Accel ped pos" and "Throttle pos"? It shows that you are coming off the throttle especially on the 3rd gear run. Strange....

Did you find a good spot for runs/logs? I have an excellent stretch near my place, flat and no traffic, good for 3rd and 4th, although 4th gets a bit scary on that stretch, lol.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Mate, are you keeping your foot on the floor the whole time? What is going on with the "Accel ped pos" and "Throttle pos"? It shows that you are coming off the throttle especially on the 3rd gear run. Strange....

Did you find a good spot for runs/logs? I have an excellent stretch near my place, flat and no traffic, good for 3rd and 4th, although 4th gets a bit scary on that stretch, lol.
    Not sure mate....definitely felt like i had it flat to the floor...although not many places around my area without some sort of traffic unfortunately...even later at night
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

We might have to join up one day and get you logging properly. PM me if you want to do that. I need to do some tuning this weekend, after I have fitted to Autotech internals tomorrow, so you are welcome to join me for a few logs......

well, AFR's look 1000 times better now
    not sure how you get 106% accelerator pedal position tho
    the 4th gear WOT log looks really good apart from quite a lot of boost!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    We might have to join up one day and get you logging properly. PM me if you want to do that. I need to do some tuning this weekend, after I have fitted to Autotech internals tomorrow, so you are welcome to join me for a few logs......
    I dunno, i think my 3rd attempt ever at WOT logs i've done alright ....i'm not looking to break land speed records with the tune. Thanks for the offer to catch up, but gotta work tomorrow and week-end is full

106% from smashing the pedal through the floor

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    well, AFR's look 1000 times better now
    not sure how you get 106% accelerator pedal position tho
    the 4th gear WOT log looks really good apart from quite a lot of boost!
    Yeah, noticed the boost was up quite a bit at one point...gawd, starting to understand all these numbers and how they translate into good and bad, well there's hope for everyone if i can catch onto this stuff ....106% acc cause RACECAR

So ironed out a few small indiscretions (won't go into details...let's just say user fail...again)
    What happened mate, anything we can learn from?

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    What happened mate, anything we can learn from?

Peter "SLIXX"
    Not really Pete...Car was running perfectly fine the whole time, but the ecu didnt think so because somehow i managed to load the map incorrectly. No harm done thankfully.

So received iteration 3 with an instruction to perform another Maf Cal before i load this, as the pesky 2096 still around and Mike is determined to find the source of the problem...he's leaning towards possible failing rear o2 sensor...aside from that the car is feeling f**cking fantastic

Good to hear. Hope to get rid of all the gremlins

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Good to hear. Hope to get rid of all the gremlins
    Yeah thanks Pete...i think she's running better then ever. Timely i should mention 9026 though, as on the way to work this morning i also got the 137 code again...low input on rear o2 sensor...i'm thinking more and more the rear o2 sensor is the culprit & it's time for a new one. Haven't really got a clue where to buy one from though...

Edge sells them, I think like $150,
    Oz Mazda prob charge like $500 bucks or something silly

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Edge sells them, I think like $150,
    Oz Mazda prob charge like $500 bucks or something silly
    Thanks mate...yeah will avoid Mazda like the plague for any replacement parts ...I'll check edge out

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast