User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stratified Tune

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Like to see how this will compare to Richard done to mine.... May need a new map if your able to squeeze more outta ur tune lol....
    Hehe..game's on! Richtune vs stratified @slixx ya diggin it :P Brad @Yeldarb feeling any pressure hehe
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Hehehe

My map doesn't push the limits so I won't be competing!!

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Hehehe

My map doesn't push the limits so I won't be competing!!
    dude your numbers a high for k04 and your still running stock intercooler not mention standard fuel...u know u wanna :P
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

I got tunes from both tuners n I must say they are both different in each n every way. But I lean towards the Alex

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    dude your numbers a high for k04 and your still running stock intercooler not mention standard fuel...u know u wanna :P
    We'll see what numbers I get on Saturday

We'll see what numbers I get on Saturday
    first bum dyno since the tune completed right?

7. Default

Ok, so just feeling like a bit of a dope right now ...the logs i sent to Mike were labelled around the wrong way ie 3rd gear WOT labelled 4th Gear WOT and vice versa...What didn't help is the fact that the rolling dyno i used yesterday for the 4th gear WOT log and power run is simply not reading correctly, this may interest you @Yeldarb (which explains the stupidly high torque number on the graph). After reading everything correctly this is the current state-of-play...to say the least i'm pretty pleased with things considering this is only the 2nd revision received from Mike....3rd revision to be loaded tomorrow...

Attachment 14821

so about 198kws & 470nm torque ATW...so far!!!
    Looking good, the torque reading seems high compared to the HP. Unless it's an upraded turbo or meth.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Looking good, the torque reading seems high compared to the HP. Unless it's an upraded turbo or meth.
    Not sure mate but not meth and still running stock turbo. I've got to say though it does pull pretty hard on a roll now

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Get 15L of e85 in your tank and 3071 gtx... Corn juice and BT = addictive
    Fixed

first bum dyno since the tune completed right?
    No. I had a roller Dyno done before my tune and now I'm going again to the same place after. See results

So 3rd iteration received a few days ago and performed the usual 3rd & 4th gear WOT logs last night...car seemed a little more sluggish then the last time but i think this may be due to the night being slightly warmer..so perhaps a little bit of heat soak...3rd did run out of steam around 6200 and there were a couple of short-sharp fuel cuts when i got into the higher RPM (4800-5000) on the 4th gear run....i think there's still a bit of work left because the car developed more CEL's as a result of the runs..P0137, P0234 & the usual P2096. Hoping with some further adjustments to timing we should be able to cure any gremlins...but as usual would be cool to see what other's think so i've attached the logs

3rdGearWOT3.csv

4thGearWOT3.csv

My mind boggles that your getting CEL's Bobby.

The fuel/boost cut I experience still at track days. We'll see again Wednesday night at QR if the gremlins are still in there.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

So 3rd iteration received a few days ago and performed the usual 3rd & 4th gear WOT logs last night...car seemed a little more sluggish then the last time but i think this may be due to the night being slightly warmer..so perhaps a little bit of heat soak...3rd did run out of steam around 6200 and there were a couple of short-sharp fuel cuts when i got into the higher RPM (4800-5000) on the 4th gear run....i think there's still a bit of work left because the car developed more CEL's as a result of the runs..P0137, P0234 & the usual P2096. Hoping with some further adjustments to timing we should be able to cure any gremlins...but as usual would be cool to see what other's think so i've attached the logs
    Hey mate

I've attached the graphs for you to asnalyse your logs
    you can use them as a template and copy and paste your figure as you need to see the data in a graph

Everything looks to be OK, but the boost seems very inconsistent
    You 4th gear shows the fuel cut and resulted in knock... wanted to get you a 60-100mph time, but you didn't get that far...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

3rdGearWOT3.csv

4thGearWOT3.csv
    When you log you need to start off at around 3000rpm and be at next to no throttle so your not spooling and then go WOT or 100% throttle till redline. Your logs show you at 40% Acc pedal at the start of the log then reducing it until finally hitting 100% at around 4500rpm. You will get better logs that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    My mind boggles that your getting CEL's Bobby.

The fuel/boost cut I experience still at track days. We'll see again Wednesday night at QR if the gremlins are still in there.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    Yeah not sure Brad...hoping things improve, the CEL's only seem to appear when performing WOT logs. I'm sure Mike will iron out the kinks eventually..

- - - Updated - - -

Hey mate

I've attached the graphs for you to asnalyse your logs
    you can use them as a template and copy and paste your figure as you need to see the data in a graph

Everything looks to be OK, but the boost seems very inconsistent
    You 4th gear shows the fuel cut and resulted in knock... wanted to get you a 60-100mph time, but you didn't get that far...
    Thanks Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    When you log you need to start off at around 3000rpm and be at next to no throttle so your not spooling and then go WOT or 100% throttle till redline. Your logs show you at 40% Acc pedal at the start of the log then reducing it until finally hitting 100% at around 4500rpm. You will get better logs that way.
    Thanks for the tip Rob...i think i need to leave my runs until VERY late at night as even limited traffic makes it hard to get a consistant acceleration, i get what you mean about starting the run without acceleration though...

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    This^
    Looks like you're starting logs when in boost...

Have the rpm sitting ~3000rpm, press the logging button on AP, wait for it to say "logging" then floor it to redline.

Also, not sure why, but your 3rd gear log as AFR in 9s and 0wgdc with 16psi of boost... This seems really weird to me...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    This^
    Looks like you're starting logs when in boost...

Have the rpm sitting ~3000rpm, press the logging button on AP, wait for it to say "logging" then floor it to redline.

Also, not sure why, but your 3rd gear log as AFR in 9s and 0wgdc with 16psi of boost... This seems really weird to me...
    Thanks Sam...i might head out again to re-do the runs. Can say what was happening with 3rd. It did feel like it ran out of puff though after it hit 6k, normally it's still quite strong around that RPM...

since its early stages of the tuning process can't really comment on how things look since they will change with every revision, but as sam mentioned, your AFR's are quickly moving close to 9, either you have a non standard sized intake and need some more MAF calibration or you have a boost leak somewhere between the turbo and intake manifold. i would check it out

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    since its early stages of the tuning process can't really comment on how things look since they will change with every revision, but as sam mentioned, your AFR's are quickly moving close to 9, either you have a non standard sized intake and need some more MAF calibration or you have a boost leak somewhere between the turbo and intake manifold. i would check it out
    Thanks Rayd...i'm going to check everything again. I supplied Mike all the info regarding my mods before the Maf Cal was done so i'd say all was factored in here. Things seem to be pointing to boost leak again :-/ ....

Another thing (excuse me in advance if i seem really vague here) but would it make a difference knowing that the Injen SRI allows unmetered air only?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast