Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by o0 Matt 0o View Post
    Isn't that the purpose of a key?
    Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Dunno What IS a key for? haha

Na it's like another level of security. I mean every bit helps? I mean you may be able to hot wire a car, but then there's the steering lock. This would just another thing to stop car being nicked.
    It wouldn't deter someone from breaking in (They wouldn't know that the car can't be started without it when they do) but they may soon realise that it is the case.
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    mean you may be able to hot wire a car, but then there's the steering lock. This would just another thing to stop car being nicked.
    It wouldn't deter someone from breaking in (They wouldn't know that the car can't be started without it when they do) but they may soon realise that it is the case.
    Im pretty sure Mazda's come standard with an immobilizer
    Not sure finding some wires under the steering column would actually start it

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Im pretty sure Mazda's come standard with an immobilizer
    Not sure finding some wires under the steering column would actually start it

Peter "SLIXX"
    Isn't it a matter of shorting the circuit behind the barrel? (Essentially the circuit the key completes). I'd be certain an MPS has an immobilizer (as my SP20 does) but as I said, everything helps.
    Ie someone steals your keys etc.

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Isn't it a matter of shorting the circuit behind the barrel? (Essentially the circuit the key completes). I'd be certain an MPS has an immobilizer (as my SP20 does) but as I said, everything helps.
    Ie someone steals your keys etc.
    Yup, more likely if someone steals your keys or if you lose them
    The new one would be much better for this as, it loads maps much quicker

Wouldn't bother with V2 as it would take so long to load the theft mode and then load your map again

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Are you saying you would need to load the map every time you drive if using the anti theft mode? That seems odd.
    Maybe I interpreted your post incorrectly..?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

What would make this V3 a MUST have is if you could have fast map changing, the audi's can store several maps on the ecu, so you can quickly flick between maps. I do like the fact it can display several things, I have an ultragauge that has the 6 things i like to see when driving around, the V3 could replace that.

But not spending several hundred dollars for a bit of w@nk unless it does something super special

+1 for W@nk

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

I'm getting one of these looks peeeerrrrtttttyyyyy

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    What would make this V3 a MUST have is if you could have fast map changing, the audi's can store several maps on the ecu, so you can quickly flick between maps. I do like the fact it can display several things, I have an ultragauge that has the 6 things i like to see when driving around, the V3 could replace that.

But not spending several hundred dollars for a bit of w@nk unless it does something super special
    not enough room on ECU for multiple maps... it just cant be done
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Pretty sexy!

If anyone wants to get rid of their V2 to get a V3, I'll gladly take your V2 off your hands!

Are you saying you would need to load the map every time you drive if using the anti theft mode? That seems odd.
    Maybe I interpreted your post incorrectly..?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    @slixx @SarcasticOne?

Alas I thought as much, would be good to have faster map changing though. Still, the multiple monitoring bit is deff an attraction...

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    not enough room on ECU for multiple maps... it just cant be done
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

Nope you have it right
    You would load the Anti-Theft mode map, which would disable the vehicle from starting

And when you return, you would load up you normal map, which would allow starting

It would mean, even if someone had your keys (Thief/Kids etc) they will not be able to start the car

I know my Dad would have loved this when I was younger!!

Currently RaydTuned

Ah so it's a seperate map you flash before leaving the car and then reflash your normal map when you return.
    I thought it was an element attached to your map that wouldn't let your car run without the AP being connected.

It isn't like the AP is the Key to gaining access, you just use it to flash the MAP which is the key to gaining access. All good.
    Hence the advantages of faster flashing of maps!

Thanks.

Imagine flashing the anti theft mode then loosing or accidentally breaking your AP!

Quote Originally Posted by Robmps View Post
    Imagine flashing the anti theft mode then loosing or accidentally breaking your AP!
    You'd be well and truely up sh!t creek! That did occur to me...

Trade in program...

http://www.cobbtuning.com/Accessport...in-s/70459.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Trade in program...

Accessport Trade in
    Excellent...So if i'm reading it correctly a custom tune created from the V2 can be saved on the Accessport Manager and re-loaded via the V3?? If this is correct i think i'm on board with this deal :P
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Excellent...So if i'm reading it correctly a custom tune created from the V2 can be saved on the Accessport Manager and re-loaded via the V3?? If this is correct i think i'm on board with this deal :P
    You unmarry the V2 from your car, then reload it with the V3...

Just tossing up between edge + sell here vs trade in with COBB
    Have asked if they include a packaging slip to send back from Australia...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast