User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: SLIXX is getting Stratified!

Awesome results Pete. Baby no 2 has temporarily interuopted my Etune with Rich. Hopefully similar numbers...

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

OK so Lex wrote bcak this morning with a new revision, 1.90
    I am 51 days into my 30day tuning session. I can vouch for Lex's commitment to getting my tune right

I have absolute faith and i am on his time at the moment and he is happy to keep extending the time until we get it right

I have noticed on my normal cool log, my boost only peaks at about 19.8 where it used to be in the 20's
    And consistently while doing warm logs, my boost spikes into the 22's

Still some knock in the warm logs, generally in 4th.... but we'll see what Lex says, they may be at a suitable level
    Either way i will be retuning again at the end of the year and I hope with a new intercooler

19/7/2013
    Stratified Tune 1.90 - 6.73
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stratified 1.90.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	14579
    Attached Files Attached Files

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Numbers luks impressive, knock is due to heat soak, once you get new cooler I rekon it would be sweet

Great result SLIXX! Do you have to pay an extra fee for going over the 30 Days like with RICHTUNE?

Not that it really matter when your getting great service and a good outcome

Default SLIXX is getting Stratified!

Well Lex has been extending the time for free. Sometimes I guess it neither of our faults why this goes over time.

He just wants to get the tune right. He is proud of his tunes and stands by them

I'm sure if I delayed them unnecessarily, then it would cost me

Peter "SLIXX"

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Well Lex has been extending the time for free. Sometimes I guess it neither of our faults why this goes over time.

He just wants to get the tune right. He is proud of his tunes and stands by them

I'm sure if I delayed them unnecessarily, then it would cost me

Peter "SLIXX"
    If it took you over a week to send back logs then it would be your fault, but good customer service on his behalf to wave the cost when you are not at fault.

I am sure that you having a good tune will get more members interested in buying into a E-tune more then rushing in 30 days and you having a shit tune.
    Good to know he has his priorities right
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Great results slixx, u must be stoked.

Great service! It would have been so easy to charge you more as stated in there terms and conditions. Clearly Lex is as passionate about doing a good job & has an emphasis on customer satisfaction...hats off! Looking forward to seeing the final results & here's hoping the Brisbane Tuner i've chosen offers the same level of attention

Hi Everyone and Peter. I haven't logged into here for a while (I should more often) and saw this thread by Peter. Wanted to thank Peter for such a detailed overview of the tuning process as I am sure it answers many questions people have!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Stratified View Post
    Hi Everyone and Peter. I haven't logged into here for a while (I should more often) and saw this thread by Peter. Wanted to thank Peter for such a detailed overview of the tuning process as I am sure it answers many questions people have!
    Welcome Alex great to see you here.
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Stratified View Post
    Awesome @Alex Stratified
    Welcome

What can I say. It's been a wonderful experience and its still not over. Well we are almost there

I want to publicly thank you for all the support and time you have taken to help me not only tune my car, but help me understand process and what can be achieve
    I cannot stress how informative and helpful you have been and I'm hope you can help other members here

I proudly wear the @Alex Stratified badge on my car and I'm sure we will be sharing more tuning days in the future

All I can end with is... Isn't technology a wonderful thing!

Peter "SLIXX"
    Last edited by slixx; 19-07-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Currently RaydTuned

So GT Auto is out (incompetent & unreliable with theIR communication and time management)...and thanks to the write-up here @slixx ....I'M IN, LET THE GAMES BEGIN

OK, So @Alex Stratified got back to me and wanted me to do some final logs

He asked that i do 2x normal 4th gear logs and 2 heated 4th gear logs
    Below is his comments on the knock in my log when the vehicle is heat soaked

Just for your reference, under extreme conditions such as lots of heatsoak you will get some knock with any tune - even the OEM one. However the knock sensor is very quick at reacting and the KR value you see is the reduction in timing that happens instantaneously once the sensor (a microphone) picks up any noise it deems as knock. The key of a good tune is to walk the fine line at maximum efficiency in most conditions. So under normal WOT operation there should be 0 to very little KR. Then you know you have optimized the power potential while keeping the engine safe.

I performed my logs and they are as follows
    Still a bit concerned with my warm logs, but we'll see what he has to say

26/7/2013
    Stratified Tune 1.90 - 6.76
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stratified 1.90_2.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	14706
    Attached Files Attached Files

Currently RaydTuned

Sounds like its pretty close to perfect Pete, have u upgraded your intercooler?

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Sounds like its pretty close to perfect Pete, have u upgraded your intercooler?
    Thanks mate. It feels great!
    Nah. I'll upgrade at the end of the year

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Finally my tune is complete

@Alex Stratified is satisfied with the tune and he made some slight adjustments for higher temperature compensation, but it shows how the car will behave in both winter and summer

He plotted the logs to show the consistency of the tune in both summer and winter so I can see how the tune adapts to the conditions. It does so in terms of boost, timing, and AFRs.

I have written a review both on facebook and the Stratified website

The unknown of being in Australia is completely removed and @Alex Stratified is honest and true to his word and super, super thorough. Most would have taken the “close enough is good enough” route... but not @Alex Stratified. The pride @Alex Stratified takes in his work is unprecedented IMO and I cannot express how impressed and satisfied I am

The car feels amazing and although there is probably more to extract from the tune, to the letter of what I requested,
    @Alex Stratified delivered in spades. A wonderfully smooth tune without pushing the extreme limits, super responsive and an increase in drivability (and it can still scare the crap out of the ladies... and some guys!)

Super performer, great value for money and customer service is noticeably in the forefront

I'll will be purchasing an upgraded TMIC at the end of the year, (will be nice and hot in AUS by then) and will be looking for a retune for pump gas and e85

If you have been thinking about a custom tune, and have reservations, please I cannot endorse
    @Alex Stratified enough. Not only do they listen to what you want, they are consummate professionals and I am proud to wear the “Stratified Tuned” Badge of honour

Currently RaydTuned

So we're looking at, 220kws? Very very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    So we're looking at, 220kws? Very very impressive.

We will see... VD would be close to Hub Dyno I would say... Looking at about 200+ on the roller
    Will get one done in the next week or so and I can compare from my one done before my tune

Currently RaydTuned

Ok... No worries... Some good numbers regardless... I bet @MPSBNE is salivating at what's ahead.

Nice result there! Yes KW figures are increased very nicely but i'm also very impressed with the torque increase over stock!
    Stock torque is 380nm at the crank, and that is now 467nm at the wheels (over 500nm at the crank!!)
    Thing must haul!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast