User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback on the Cobb AP…?

Question Feedback on the Cobb AP…?

I suppose I was just looking for people’s feedback on all aspects of their shiny new AP...

· Ease of use?
    · Seat of the pants performance gains?
    · Has anyone used the Eco Maps?
    · Feelings on bang for buck?

Honest Opinion......

this is what i think................ Jizz In My Pants - YouTube

but serious, gains are fantastic!
    ease of use? dosnt get much more basic then plug and play?

buy one and enjoy! you wont regret it
    Last edited by MPSNoob; 06-06-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Loving my AP!!!

Best bang for buck mod! biggest gains and most noticeable gains! Feels like everytime i step on the pedal i get neck cramps! thats how serious it is lol!
    Easy to use and wonderful to have maps to play around with!
    I've tried Economy mode but i read that its just as good as not being heavy footed.

Absolutely loving the Launch control and FFS!

I installed mine last night... and honestly... it felt better with the Hypertech. It was a bit of a letdown with the Stage1 Map since I dont have HPFP (And even the Stg1 map im running says it requires a HPFP).
    Im tempted to just run a Stg2 map anyway.

My opinion is,
    *if you are just after a generic tune go with the Hypertech. Especially considering the HT is ~$300 cheaper..~$700 cheaper by the time you have factored in a HPFP to run a decent tune.
    *if you are going with a custom tune then go with the AP, though you are prob going to need a HPFP @ $400 AUD more.
    *If you are standard or +intake +IC go with HT.
    *If you are going BT then AP or Custom flash (EcuTek)

Also remember to factor in HPFP internals (Min $400) for the AP (on top of its ~$600 cost) as these are required for you to do anything noticeable other than removing the restrictions in 1st and 2nd which the HT does anyway.
    Last edited by Jmac; 06-06-2012 at 07:34 PM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Only thing I dont like about the AP is that it doesnt have a OFF button ( unless you unplug it). Cant leave it plugged to the car. Surely they can update OS to include a OFF button when car turns off?

Quote Originally Posted by JapCrap View Post
    Only thing I dont like about the AP is that it doesnt have a OFF button ( unless you unplug it). Cant leave it plugged to the car. Surely they can update OS to include a OFF button when car turns off?
    They are supposedly working on this but I have seen threads of people in the states tapping the power wire on the OBD harness and putting a switch inline.

Hmmm....interesting.

I've ordered mine already (as a Hypertech replacement) and waiting for it to arrive.

I'm hoping I CAN feel the difference with just a stage1+SRI+TIH map, compared to the Hypertech and at least it's laying the ground work for future mods, without going the full EcuTek tune.

Mine arrived today!

I'm interstate on work though....which is not great.

My girlfriend also collected the package from concierge.....and edge put the full value of the item on the postage slip (obviously for customs declaration)......nek minnut, message from GF asking what the hell i've gone and bought now that cost $600 when we're supposed to be saving for a house deposit! Which is also not great!

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    Mine arrived today!

I'm interstate on work though....which is not great.

My girlfriend also collected the package from concierge.....and edge put the full value of the item on the postage slip (obviously for customs declaration)......nek minnut, message from GF asking what the hell i've gone and bought now that cost $600 when we're supposed to be saving for a house deposit! Which is also not great!
    so your 'finance manager' also cottoned onto your extra purchases ... just like mine did

I try to have mine delivered to work where possible
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

I'd love to see how this compares to my custom tune, but the money outlay either way is to steep

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    Hmmm....interesting.

I've ordered mine already (as a Hypertech replacement) and waiting for it to arrive.

I'm hoping I CAN feel the difference with just a stage1+SRI+TIH map, compared to the Hypertech and at least it's laying the ground work for future mods, without going the full EcuTek tune.
    That map is meant to have hpfp.
    I'm running it anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

-= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

I thought stage 2 was hpfp.

Nope. Read the description on the maps. Only the generic stage 1 does not require hpfp.

Happy to be proven wrong but that's what the map says on the AP before you flash it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Jmac; 10-06-2012 at 08:23 PM.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Stage 2 is DP, for which cobb recomends a hpfp upgrade...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...tml#post208213 <-- AP info
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Stage 2 is DP, for which cobb recomends a hpfp upgrade...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...tml#post208213 <-- AP info

Thanks Sam, though just stating what the map says on the AP, maybe someone from Cobb can clarify...
    please see attached image...

"Cobb Tuning, v230.00 -- Stage1+CS+TIH+IC 98 v230 - Intended for an otherwise stock 2007-2008 MAZDA3 MPS vehicle with a stock or cat-back exhaust, a CS SRI with TIH, an upgraded intercooler, and an upgraded CDFP only. 98 RON fuel minimum. Boost Targets: ~17psi peak boost pressure tapering down to ~16.5psi by the 6700 RPM redline, +/- 1.5psi. PURE Pressure-Based Boost Tuning. FFS, LC and Load Scaling enabled. Launch Control and Flat Foot Shifting enabled."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apcdfp.jpg 
Views:	903 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	11247
    Last edited by Jmac; 10-06-2012 at 10:20 PM.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Thanks Sam, though just stating what the map says on the AP, maybe someone from Cobb can clarify...
    please see attached image...

"Cobb Tuning, v230.00 -- Stage1+CS+TIH+IC 98 v230 - Intended for an otherwise stock 2007-2008 MAZDA3 MPS vehicle with a stock or cat-back exhaust, a CS SRI with TIH, an upgraded intercooler, and an upgraded CDFP only. 98 RON fuel minimum. Boost Targets: ~17psi peak boost pressure tapering down to ~16.5psi by the 6700 RPM redline, +/- 1.5psi. PURE Pressure-Based Boost Tuning. FFS, LC and Load Scaling enabled. Launch Control and Flat Foot Shifting enabled."

Name:	apcdfp.jpg 
Views:	903 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	11247
    You're right..according the map notes on the COBB site, once you add an upgraded Intercooler, it requires an upgraded HPFP, even with a stage 1 map.

Stage1+”Intake”+TIH 98 v230 - Intended for an otherwise stock MAZDA3 MPS vehicle with a stock or cat-back
    exhaust, a supported intake with TIH, and a stock CDFP only. 98 RON fuel minimum. Boost Targets: ~16.5psi
    peak boost pressure tapering down to ~16.5psi by the 6700 RPM redline, +/- 1.5psi.

Stage1+”Intake”+TIH+IC 98 v230 - Intended for an otherwise stock MAZDA3 MPS vehicle with a stock or cat-
    back exhaust, a supported intake with TIH, an upgraded intercooler, and an upgraded CDFP only. 98 RON fuel
    minimum. Boost Targets: ~17psi peak boost pressure tapering down to ~16.5psi by the 6700 RPM redline, +/-
    1.5psi.

Any stage 2 map according to the notes, require an upgraded HPFP.

At the moment I'm only running SRI+TIH, so hopefully don't require a HPFP just yet.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

I am utterly confused.

I always thought stage 1 was for those with intake mods and catback only.

Stage 2 for anything beyond that.

But now this is saying even stage 1 needs a fuel pump upgrade? Or is this just a disclaimer.....

I am utterly confused.

I always thought stage 1 was for those with intake mods and catback only.

Stage 2 for anything beyond that.

But now this is saying even stage 1 needs a fuel pump upgrade? Or is this just a disclaimer.....
    I don't think that is the case. I just installed the AP manager (even though mine is still in transit ) and opened the maps I want to run - the map notes confirm the moment you add an upgraded Intercooler you need a HPFP -

Check this reference from the original notes for all the map's various stages here - http://www.cobbtuning.com/v/accesspo...BASE_07_12.pdf

Also my screen shot shows the same thing as JMAC -

Stage 1 + SRI + TIH

Name:	mapnotes1.jpg 
Views:	947 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	11248

Stage 1 + SRI + TIH + IC (see note on upgraded CDFP)

Name:	mapnotes2.jpg 
Views:	875 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	11249

Here is a table I put together from the COBB AP notes and the requirements for each stage -

Name:	cobbapmapnotes.jpg 
Views:	1061 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	11250

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    Here is a table I put together from the COBB AP notes and the requirements for each stage -

Name:	cobbapmapnotes.jpg 
Views:	1061 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	11250
    Awesome work, thanks mate. That would be great in the AP FAQ thread... SAM!!!!

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast