User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobb, ECU TEk or Hypertech ?????

Default Cobb, ECU TEk or Hypertech ?????

Hi i just got the Mps 6, i was wondering whats the best flash system out for it??? ive read alot of about the Cobb, Ecutek and hypertech and am not sure which is the best one to go wit to flash the stock ecu, It seems like a decent mod for the price and reasonable power gains on each system. any thoughts on which one is better?? thanks

What are your long term plans for the car mod wise, all the above products have their place, its just a case of helping you get the one that best suits your needs.

Stock or Intake only, want a simple set and forget -> Hypertech (simple $$$ equation)
    Want to log what your car is doing, and also do more than intake --> AP + OTS maps (custom tune can happen later)
    do you mods, and get a professional to custom tune it (set and forget again) --> ECUTEK

Have you considered VersaTune? It's available now with outstanding support from the VT team and there is a group buy happening right now which offers even more savings.

VT allows you to do as little or as much as you like. It comes with several tunes which makes it comparable to hypertech in terms of simplicity and cost, except the tunes are better. Or you can purchase an etune for a mere $200 which gets you a custom tune suited to your vehicle. If you are adventurous, VT also gives you the ability to tune the car yourself.

VT also has some other desirable features including elimination of the hesitation that plagues the MPS, no-lift-shift and launch control.

Gone to Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    What are your long term plans for the car mod wise, all the above products have their place, its just a case of helping you get the one that best suits your needs.
    This.
    You need to know where you are going to end up to figure out how to get there.

Only after a simple flash or are other mods planned? What is the budget? What are you trying to achieve?
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Small gain and limiters removed low cost Hypertech -$500. Personal/custom tuning over everything AP $590+. Best gains custom dyno tuning and 'safe' (MRT OR TH) ECUTEK +$1500

i want to get good gains, and decent power.. nothing to crazy.. cuz i mean if u do custom tunes ull prob have to get a few dyno runs going, a bit out of my budget, so hypertech prob the best looking one for now.. ill have a look into versa tune. thanks guys for the info. Also the maps on hypertech are they easy to get hold off?? to suit diff builds?

hypertech 1 tune. only basic mods allowed, MUST run standard turbo...

Go with the AP. Best of everything, has alot more features, you can run off the shelf maps, and also get a pro tune done down the track if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by alexlimmy View Post
    i want to get good gains, and decent power.. nothing to crazy.. cuz i mean if u do custom tunes ull prob have to get a few dyno runs going, a bit out of my budget, so hypertech prob the best looking one for now.. ill have a look into versa tune. thanks guys for the info. Also the maps on hypertech are they easy to get hold off?? to suit diff builds?
    Search :-)
    There is only one map for the ht

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    hypertech 1 tune. only basic mods allowed, MUST run standard turbo...
    yeah dont plan to do anything crazy just tasteful mods, so prob intake, change top mount maybe, and turbo back when it comes to the engine.. stock turbo. wit the hypertech and get it lowered, was just wondering what might suit it best.. for my budget

for that, get an access port... once you start on the exhaust, AP > hypertech (in my opinion)
    also look to pick up a fuel pump to go with it

I would argue strongly against hypertech now that AP is available. A stage 1 AP tune nets a great gain and it is suitable for all possible future mods as well.
    Last edited by Reedy; 20-05-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    I would argue strongly against hypertech now that AP is available. A stage 1 AP tune nets a great gain and it is suitable for all possible future mods as well.
    is it easy to find maps for the AP? or does it come pre loaded

Quote Originally Posted by alexlimmy View Post
    is it easy to find maps for the AP? or does it come pre loaded
    Both.

It comes with pre loaded maps and can also be customized.

I agree somewhat though, the HT is half the cost of an AP...
    If you want to do more than a flash in a can then the HT is NOT for you however, if you want to just flash and go and not worry about anything else then the HT will work.
    I have the HT flash with the mods listed in my sig and tbh, I am not looking at an AP simply because i dont WANT more power...
    Spinning third with semi slicks already, so im just going to make the car slower...

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Both.

It comes with pre loaded maps and can also be customized.

Have any of the pro tuning places around committed to using the Access Tuner software for the AP as yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa2z View Post
    Have any of the pro tuning places around committed to using the Access Tuner software for the AP as yet?
    only one i can think of isnt touching my car
    dont have money for the mandatory engine rebuild that goes along with it
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    only one i can think of isnt touching my car
    dont have money for the mandatory engine rebuild that goes along with it
    I had been thinking the same thing...

Shame though, that would really seal the deal for the AP IMO.

I am quite suspect of HT tunes after seeing Sams car perform significantly better with a stock tune than it did with a HT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast