User Tag List

Thread: MRT EcuTek Tuned --- finally got my car back :)

Default MRT EcuTek Tuned --- finally got my car back :)

ok so I finally got my car back, as the previous thread already 5 pages, so I decided to create a new thread. During this month when my car was at MRT, Brett has been very helpful with answering all of my questions even at 11 pm. So at the end I decied to put a new turbo as the smoking issue happed 2 days before I handed my car in. Brett suggested me to put the sway bar kits as my car's already opened up. and offered me TMIC and sway bar kits with no fitting fee charged. so yes I put a new MRT modified Turbo, Hyperflow TMIC, sway bars kits also a GFB BOV coz the HKS one sounds too loud. And got my car back this afternoon, didn't really drive too much and aggressive yet as my wife was with me, but really can feel the difference at 1st and 2nd gear. Here's the Dyno sheet.

Cheers
    Justin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dyno sheet2.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	203.7 KB 
ID:	10990
    MPS 3 GenII

Nice Justin, torque comes in earlier, and look like power could have kept on going.

Yea quite a conservative kw power for a "modified turb" prolly coulda gone more aggressive. How much was it altogether if you don't mind me asking? As im afraid my turbo is also game over and i'll probably get a modified tunehouse one or a GTX range from the states. Would like to know prices for comparison i suppose.

Thanks for the feedback guys

Hi guys,
    an old thread I see but I have a Stage B MRT tune for my 2009 Gen 2- down pipe and K&N filter only mods apart from EcuTek retune and done by MRT agent in Brisbane - Mercury Motorsport - at Newmarket. Couldn't be happier with the tune and smoothness and suspension / brake / tire mods as recommended. Great balanced package but I only ran 169kW atw pre-tune and 189kW post-tune but 400nm and 0.5L less fuel per 100km... Daily driver and much more fun without being overly expensive. And virtually no torque steer at all with the new asymmetric suspension bushes Just wanted to give the guys at MRT and Mercury a plug! I had great service always and they now are servicing my car 6 monthly after I found the dealer team I used to go to very underhwelming on the service side of things...
    2009 Gen 2 - ECUTEK tune, downpipe, all motor mounts, K&N filter, DBA rotors and braided lines, antilift and camber correction bushes, Whiteline ARB F&R, new organic clutch (300hp), Federal 595RSRs = 189kW 420NM ATW at Mercury Motorsports Newmarket

Great to hear your happy.