User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MRT custom tuning booked in 10/4

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    As for MRT fanboyism? Who the fk cares. Take the same car to both places and you can be pretty sure that you'll get almost exactly the same result. Both places spruick torque, driveability, economy and power delivery over peak figures.
    well said.

Well played. Now i dunno which to take to s.

Take your car to the one that is closest and offers the best price. Then have a service done by the other one and see which one you think suits your own needs the best.
    Last edited by Reedy; 11-04-2012 at 08:33 AM.

To me, the biggest difference is the final dyno number. If you don't care about that, you realise that 2 different dynos can give 2 different numbers, just go to whichever is most convenient for you. I don't think either shop will leave you disappointed with their service

None of them is closest to me. From Qld buddy hahaha. I've been thinking of shipping it down and then drive it back up

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Take your car to the one that is closest and offers the best price. Then have a service done by the other one and see which one you think suits your own needs the best.
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

6. Default

From the desk of Jim Ghelis,

Hi guys,

I don’t get on the forums too often, but I’ve ask this to be posted on my behalf. Some of you have met me – My name is Jim Ghelis. I am the business owner at Tunehouse and I personally perform all the tuning myself.

I have to start by saying I have never, nor do I condone any of my staff saying anything negative or ‘deflating’ of other workshops or tuning work. I find this is simply bad business and I personally believe it is bad form for anyone in this industry to do.

This thread has come to my attention and I want to clarify a number of things for you guys;

At Tunehouse, I use only the best tools available to me as a technician and as a tuner – As such, I chose to use EcuTek as based on all the options I have looked into it is the single most professional package available. Another Workshop is the Australian Distributor of EcuTek and we have purchased the software from them. It is true that I have done a single day of training for software familiarity (which is a must to be comfortable with a new software platform / interface) however my tuning skills have been developed over my 28 years in the automotive industry and over 10 years of operating at Tunehouse. To Summarise My points;
    Tunehouse do not use other workshops maps – I Custom Tune Every Single car that comes through the door!

Tunehouse do not use other workshops data – We perform our own testing and develop our own parts!

Tunehouse was not trained to tune by any other workshops – Only Years of experience can be blamed for that!

Tunehouse invested thousands in travel to go to the UK and be trained by EcuTek UK direct – I went straight to the source!

Tunehouse is a Distributor of Dynapack – Again I chose to use only the best tools available to me. We’ve upgraded our dyno 3 times so far to ensure we continue to have the absolute latest and best tools on hand. It is my experience however that our 8000 series 4 wheel hub dyno reads lower than others in the Australia and to my understanding, is in fact the most stable (in terms of torque capacity) of any other in Australia. It uses the latest Dynapack platform and the absolute latest software available from the manufacturer (with whom I work very close with) and is both serviced and checked regularly. To Summarise My points;

Tunehouse dyno generally reads comparatively lower than other shops

Tunehouse have the most advanced Dyno Tuning Cell in Australia

Tunehouse have the most ‘Current’ and capable Dynapack Dyno in Australia
    Another few points I’d like to mention;
    Tunehouse have had Zero Engine Failures from tuning Mazda MPS’s!

Tunehouse Custom Dyno Tune Every Single Car that comes through the door
    (Other shops simply use generic maps and check them on the road)

Tunehouse never push a car to a point where damage may result, we know this because we put every one of them on the dyno!

Tunehouse call each and every single client a week after their visit to check they’re happy – 100% of them are, I make sure of it personally!

Tunehouse sponsor the OZMPS forum because we have been supported by the members of this very forum and will continue to!

Tunehouse is the Most Professional Workshop in Australia – Awarded by the Institute of Automotive Mechanical Engineers!

I rarely come on the forums personally as I’m often found busy on the dyno – Instead I prefer to have happy customers spread the Tunehouse word – Put simply, this has worked very well for me and Tunehouse over the years and I will continue to ensure every single one of my clients leaves happy – That is guaranteed! Everything Tunehouse stands for has been worked hard for: Performance, Service and Innovation (The logo really does say it all!)

I invite absolutely anyone to call me (02 9557 4000), email me (jim@tunehouse.com.au) or simply drop by the workshop and have a chat about your next performance upgrade, service or inspection! We have coined a phrase at Tunehouse – We refer to it as the Tunehouse difference. Come and experience it for yourself!

Before I go, I would like to give a mention every one of our supporters here in the Mazda Community! We honestly believe we have the best group of people supporting us and from myself and the Team at Tunehouse, Thank you for your continued support!

Regards, Jim Ghelis
    A.I.A.M.E (S.M.G)
    Tunehouse
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

11 Chalder Street, Marrickville NSW

All Upgrades 100% Custom Dyno Tuned! Performance - Service - Innovation

HKS | COSWORTH| ECUTEK | TEIN | WHITELINE | DBA | KW | VIPEC

good reply, wish we had tuners in qld with this level of customer service.

My my my hasnt this thread attracted some interest.

Good to see you step in and reply Jim!
    I have been in talks with Tony and you will be seeing me for another tune shorty.
    I can say I have always been 100% happy with any of my visits to Tunehouse.
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    My my my hasnt this thread attracted some interest.
    Its great to see the best tuners jump in with a straight to the point run down! who said the MPS isnt known/not supported like other car manufacturers ... THUMBS UP
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

I have had 2 tunes done by MRT. My track time originally was 14.3sec @ 101.42. 60ft 2.32 (crap wish I had slicks)
    Second time round mods added were resonator delete and 3 inch pipe add to the back of the stock muffler. Greddy BOV ( soon as I put this in my PSI spike went from 15-16 to 16-18) and a MRT Tune again. Had 2 runs Best on a 30c day was 14.1 sec @ 103.77 60ft 2.275 (still crap still would have loved to have slicks) Power improved and economy.

I have had contact with Brett on many occasions and found him very helpfull. I also know that Jim at Tunehouse is a legend with his tunes and service. MRT came to ringwood so it was more appropriate to me. SLIXX already mentioned how melb is lacking in MPS ECUTEK tuners. Jim maybe do a few trips down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    Good to see you step in and reply Jim!
    I have been in talks with Tony and you will be seeing me for another tune shorty.
    I can say I have always been 100% happy with any of my visits to Tunehouse.
    Thanks guys!
    I am booked in Saturday for my re-tune.

Stop writing up stuff Jim, and get back to tuning cars lol.

Have to book in to get my tune checked up soon too.

Tunehouse = Win.
    Each to their own but, I wouldnt be going anywhere else.

15. Default

Congrats and well said to Jim, I was wondering when he would reply

As some of you know, we speak often (as most of the main workshops do)
    and as you can see by Jims professional and passionate reply he is an avid tuner using EcuteK tuning tools.

This is a great example of how two tuners can go on line help clear feedback and assist clients and at the same time still be business like!
    and thats why Jim at Tunehouse is a Approved Ecutek Tuner.

We get daily requests from workshops all over Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific etc who wish to purchase and access the software and tuning Maps, but very few get it as the software is only as god as the tuner who uses it.

"One bad apple can quicky ruin the bunch"

Hence we have to be careful who we supply it to.

As often described the cream will always rise to the top!
    So you can see on the website that all the top tuners use EcuteK for MPS, CX7 (we recently have added MX5 as well) and other brands.

This gives owners confidence that they can gain nationwide support from a group of tuners who all help each other, but ironically compete against each other at the same time

Any client can visit any alternate tuner (anywhere) with their EcuteK tuned ECU and have that tuner access the ECU unrestricted with no external Ecutek cost.
    So if you travel to Adelaide you can get Sean at S/J, in Perth its Dave at RPW, Canberra its Christian at Ultimate Tunes, Melbourne its Ben from MRT, Brisbane its Trent from Mercury Motorsport to do updates or retunes.

best regards

Brett MRT

Thought I'd pipe in and give an update on some work we've had recently by MRT.

As many of you would know, Mel and I recently bought a 2011 Subaru Forester XT and we wanted the car tuned to gain some extra oomph, without unwanted noise etc. We went with MRT and we have two series of work done by them to date.

Initially, MRT put on their 'XA' kit on the Forester.
    Lastly, we had a larger TMIC and racerom installed.

In terms of performance over the stock vehicle characteristics, the modifications have been very pleasing. Importantly, they are covered under a factory warranty which while increases the cost marginally, the peace of mind is fantastic.

The customer service experience has been extremely positive. They also went out of their way to ensure the car was ready earlier in the day as this was involving an interstate trip for the day. After both sets of work, we were rung up about our satisfaction level with the said work and if we had any concerns/issues. We only had one minor issue with a question about physical location of some piping and that was addressed very quickly.

In summary our our experience has been extremely positive, both from a quality of work and customer service level perspective.

cheers
    Brett

"Sector six, 80, copy the sixth, the sum of the eighth, the quadrant over the ninth, plus 80, four circles, weave the 80 and call the fourth. Copy." - Thufir Hawat, Mentat, Master of Assassins.

Moved dodgey tune posts to new thread - http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...utek-tune.html
    Please dont hijack threads.

That doesn't help me Jmac....

Quote Originally Posted by Ski82 View Post
    That doesn't help me Jmac....
    Its a good place to start
    Start a new thread, this threads topic from the OP was to do with him booking a tune with MRT in sydney, not where to tune his car in QLD.
    That thread lists Allstar as a tuner in QLD. For more assistance start a new thread and ask for feedback in the general discussion/offtopic section.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast