User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Versatune - new tuning solution for the MPS

Most launch controllers operate when the clutch is fully pushed in and you hit the accelerator to the metal, lift foot off clutch to launch.

This sounds soo similar to the AP they use in the states. Really wish AP could be available for non US market.. But please give more updates in regards to Gen 2! Should be interested!

I am interested in this, I have been told that there is a Gen 2 Mazda 3 MPS in Perth running with the Accessport and was thinking about biting the bullet and getting one to see if it works for me, however if this tuning solution comes out for the Gen 2 and there is support for over here in Australia I would definitely go for this over an Accessport that has no customer support over here.

Thank you for the review Dan..

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    No idea, I'll find out. I don't fancy testing this one out personally
    So someone has hit "dislike" on my post where I'm not keen to test out the launch control function...if you wish to donate a new clutch to me I'd be more than happy to do it for you...

My clutch is on the way out already after almost 90,000km of hard driving and daily commuting in traffic, and I don't feel like speeding the process up.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kelvin33 View Post
    Thank you for the review Dan..
    No problems Kelvin, thank you for the thank you

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jnt View Post
    I am interested in this, I have been told that there is a Gen 2 Mazda 3 MPS in Perth running with the Accessport and was thinking about biting the bullet and getting one to see if it works for me, however if this tuning solution comes out for the Gen 2 and there is support for over here in Australia I would definitely go for this over an Accessport that has no customer support over here.
    If you can afford to take the chance (i.e. the cost of the AP unit) then it could be worth a look to see if it works. It's a pretty mature user community with plenty of info available.

But...the VersaTune guys are very commited to supporting the Australian MPS community, and from my own experiences and others they are great to deal with. Their community will grow quite rapidly once the software is readily available for the Mazdaspeed3 and 3MPS, and when Gen2 support is implemented.

support for AP was what steer me away and cobb was unsure if it would be suitable, final words.. they are not interested as they have a market big enuff to feed them in the states...

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    So someone has hit "dislike" on my post where I'm not keen to test out the launch control function...if you wish to donate a new clutch to me I'd be more than happy to do it for you...
    I'm happy to try the launch control. My only concern is that FFS features have a habit of destroying cats, so maybe I wont use that feature too often.

Gone to Volvo

Doesn't launch control and FFS work in the same way by cutting ignition? if so i would assume launch control would be just as bad for the CAT.. though you wouldn't be using it all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    Doesn't launch control and FFS work in the same way by cutting ignition? if so i would assume launch control would be just as bad for the CAT.. though you wouldn't be using it all the time
    Yeah you're right.

Do you know if it destroys both cats? I bought a test pipe to replace the 2nd cat because I forgot about the 1st one... haha

Hi Guys - I've had an email from Steve about the cats and launch control discussion.

I saw where some people are concerned about launch control damaging the cats.

Since the MZR DISI 2.3 is direct injected, fuel can be safely cut on a
    cycle by cycle basis. With port injection, there is a need to re-wet
    the port and intake valve before stable AFRs return after a fuel cut.
    This is not the case with DI. Because of this, the ECU uses fuel cut as
    a safety limit for boost, load, vehicle speed, rpms, etc.

Just keeps getting better.

Nice! Is there a way to not get the fuel cut going, so we see some big flame throwers happening? warrrpppapapappa

I was looking at the VersaTune forum, and for the Gen 2 owners out there this is what was said by Steve@Versatune "We have a Gen 2 ECU in the lab which we have done a lot of work on already. We will focus hard on Gen 2 once Gen 1 is released.

Hang in there. It's coming!"

This is great news for Gen 2 owners in Australia

Anyone else thinking.... Where have these guys been for the last 5 years!

Do you need to run with the laptop in the car all the time? Or is only when you want to take data?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Do you need to run with the laptop in the car all the time? Or is only when you want to take data?
    The only time you need to plug in to the car is when you want to log some data or flash a tune.

Quote Originally Posted by jnt View Post
    I was looking at the VersaTune forum, and for the Gen 2 owners out there this is what was said by Steve@Versatune "We have a Gen 2 ECU in the lab which we have done a lot of work on already. We will focus hard on Gen 2 once Gen 1 is released.

Hang in there. It's coming!"

This is great news for Gen 2 owners in Australia

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Where do you buy the tune/equip from ?

Quote Originally Posted by ribaree View Post
    Where do you buy the tune/equip from ?
    Please read the thread from the first post, you will find all the info you need

AHHH I can't wait for this... it actually is just getting better!!

Btw TD did they have any options for SURE Motorsport products in the Tune Database?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast