User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Versatune - new tuning solution for the MPS

The guys are prepping the USDM Mazdaspeed 3 release at the moment so are pretty busy.

I sent them an email yesterday and they send said they are updating the back end coding to support multi-region versions of their software. I'll have a beta to try when that is done.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    he's been in singapore, only got back yesterday
    What Timing I have

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    The guys are prepping the USDM Mazdaspeed 3 release at the moment so are pretty busy.

I sent them an email yesterday and they send said they are updating the back end coding to support multi-region versions of their software. I'll have a beta to try when that is done.
    Nice ones. Good News for the Gen1 owners now to sit looking at the clock until Gen2 support is out, then Vesratune may just get

TD, have you had a play with the stand alone datalogging of the openport 2.0 yet?
    If so how do you get it to work?
    Dices......shoosh now Marty......

2010 BL 3 MPS Lux - MPS-101 | CP-e SRI, TIP, TMIC, DP| CS Air Box | Cobb AP | Autotech HPFP internals
    Turbosmart Dual Port BPV | REM 60 Durio | Dashmate-mat | Lakin | Carbon vinyl M | Sharks fin | therpmstore gas struts
    Tints, Dark | Tail Lights Tinted | Rear Reflector LED's | Twin DRL's | Mirrors w/ turn signal LEDs

Not Installed yet : Prosport Boost, Water & EGT | Fog HID's

WISH list : Springs | New Rims | Big Brakes

They've sent me the software to read my ECU .hex file for them, so I'll do that over the weekend and send it.

I asked a local Mazda dealership about plugging into MMDS and quickly checking for and grabbing any updates, they wanted $66 for it and a booking, so it's booked for next Friday and they can do a coolant flush as well...after that I'll also do a ECU dump and send it to the VersaTune guys so they have the latest version for their work.

kmh001 - they have a 6 MPS version already released, but currently not ready for the Australian cars. I'll be catching up with a 6 MPS owner over the weekend and taking the opportunity to grab the necessary details and data from his car for VersaTune so they can port their 6 MPS solution to work with the local cars.
    I emailed them last night. They apparently now have fully functional OZ MPS 6 maps available.

That's good news for the 6 crew!

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dices View Post
    TD, have you had a play with the stand alone datalogging of the openport 2.0 yet?
    If so how do you get it to work?
    No not yet, I don't have a spare microSD card lying around.

I looked into the microSD logging option, seems the Evo guys can do it with a bit of mucking around through the ECUFlash software.

Next time I'm emailing the Versatune guys I'll ask if they plan to work support for writing logs to the microSD into their tune.

- If you have a 6 MPS it has been mentioned that Versatune may now have Australian compatibility, but we need more info on this. Check with Versatune and if they say they are now supporting the Aussie 6 MPS, by all means just purchase one of these cables and their tuning package instead of waiting for a group buy.
    I received a confusing email today from Ugnius at Versatune: "VersaTuner has been compatible with Australian Mazda 6 MPS from the initial release."

Compatible maybe, but I probably should have asked if they have tunes optimised for the Aussie 6MPS.

Gone to Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    I received a confusing email today from Ugnius at Versatune: "VersaTuner has been compatible with Australian Mazda 6 MPS from the initial release."

Compatible maybe, but I probably should have asked if they have tunes optimised for the Aussie 6MPS.
    That's interesting. I did a read of the calibration ID from a 6MPS (thanks Will/auscer for the access to the car) and sent it through to them. They must have compared it to what they had already and deduced that their existing stuff was compatible.

My beta tune is hopefully inbound shortly, I just filled out their paperwork for the beta testing agreement which details current car setup amongst other things.

kmh001, are you taking the plunge and ordering now for your 6?

Yes, but I'll purchase the adapter first.

Nice one, I wonder if you will be the first in country to run it?

I now have a beta copy of the Versatune software which I'm familiarising myself with while waiting to receive a tailored tune for my car.

Due to non-disclosure provisions contained within the licensing agreement which apply to the beta version I'll have to check what I can post here as far as screenshots etc.

Game on

congrats after the long wait... fingers crossed for great news!!

Very nice Dan

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Nice one. Hope it works out!

The tune has arrived! Sitting in the garage now on this computer, uninstalling the Hypertech tune, installing the Versatune software to the car and flashing the 98 octane base tune. Drive report in a few days once fuel trims settle

After a bit of mucking around caused by a dodgy USB cable connection from the Tactrix OpenPort OBDII interface to my netbook, my car is now running a base 98 octane tune as supplied by Versatune.

Good Luck Dan, hope it all holds together. You'll need to buy a laptop holder, with all that extra power.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Good Luck Dan, hope it all holds together. You'll need to buy a laptop holder, with all that extra power.
    Or a willing passenger to hold it! Although I was going to research Windows 7 touch screen computers...

I'm hoping that this will run on my windoze XP netbook.

???

Quote Originally Posted by guitar69 View Post
    I'm hoping that this will run on my windoze XP netbook.

???
    It will, you may just need to update your .NET libraries

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast