User Tag List

Thread: MPS3 Gearbox Leak

Default MPS3 Gearbox Leak

Hey guys,

Currently I have a gearbox oil leak that I cannot identify it's source. Currently it's got Mazda's standard oil and not the SYN 75 replacement.

Took it to Mazda they cleaned it, went back a couple days later and there was no oil leaking anymore.

I am currently on a long drive and it's started leaking again, great! I believe the leak seems to be coming from either the gear selector plate gasket or the top breather.

I am wondering whether it only happens on longer drives when the oil is hot and has thinned out?

Obviously I am a little worried about this being so far from home lol, I am thinking of getting some SYN 75 if I can and replacing the oil. Does anybody else think that would be a wise decision? Current gearbox oil would be 50,000k old.

Cheers
    Adam
    '06 Mazda 3 MPS

I have a 2006 mazda said i have a seal leak from teh gearbox. They cleaned it up topped up the oil this was a year ago.. I have had my engine out done by Aaron at MPSGarage and he has not said anything to me about a leaking gearbox. ( Aaron always on top of things like that, would have at least got a call if there was one) I was told by someone cant remember who that these leak than take up again seems to be the case wth mine
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

I just topped up the gearbox and it only took another 100ml, so over a 500km drive pretty much all in 6th gear that's all it lost, a small amount of gearbox oil makes a lot of mess!

I am starting to lean towards a faulty breather...

Possable the breather is blocking causing excessive pressure in the gear cases, I dont remeber seeing any gaskets on my g box, most cases a flange sealent is used on machined surfaces. Maybe that 100ml of oil is over filling it and causing your leak? there may be a TSB on transmission oil level?

I don't think it's an overfilling problem as the problem started a considerable time after the gearbox oil being changed.

6. Default mps 6

hi i am new to this forum i own a mazda 6 mps having the same issue did anyone resolve this oil leak ?