User Tag List

Thread: 6 MPS TMM install

Default 6 MPS TMM install

Hey guys, Ive got the jbr PMM and TMM set coming in the next couple of days and I'm feeling reasonably confident with the PMM install but it seems like its going to be a bit tricky when doing the transmission mount and getting to socket wrench into all the tight spaces.

Ive read through the instructions a few times but was just wondering if there were any videos or tips I could get that would help me out, would be very much appreciated!!
    There's heaps of stuff for installing the mounts on a 3 but not much around for the 6

Thanks!

@MPS2NV can you offer advice?

I had to buy a spanner set like this to get good access to one of the bolts. Other than that the jbr instructions pretty much cover it from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Fully6mps View Post
    I had to buy a spanner set like this to get good access to one of the bolts. Other than that the jbr instructions pretty much cover it from memory.
    Okay no worries thanks mate. And there's no way of screwing in the bolts to a certain torque is there, does that matter at all?

I used a torque wrench where possible (mainly the pmm) and the rest just as tight as possible, just check them again after a few hundred kilometres to make sure they haven't loosened.

Quote Originally Posted by Fully6mps View Post
    I used a torque wrench where possible (mainly the pmm) and the rest just as tight as possible, just check them again after a few hundred kilometres to make sure they haven't loosened.
    Yeah fair enough thanks man sounds pretty straight forward

You will be fine.

It's pretty straightforward. Hardest part for me was getting all the bolts to line up when installing the new mount. Required a bit of patience with raising and lowering the engine etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hermz View Post
    It's pretty straightforward. Hardest part for me was getting all the bolts to line up when installing the new mount. Required a bit of patience with raising and lowering the engine etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds good, so best to have a second pair of hands helping move the engine. Thanks