User Tag List

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS - Clutch Kit

Default Mazda 6 MPS - Clutch Kit

My clutch is nearly gone, and I know for a fact if I go to my Mazda dealer an OEM clutch kit is going to cost a fortune.

What exactly does a clutch kit exist of? Like flywheel etc.

What brands of clutches are there? Will any brand be compatible or does it have to be specially made for our cars?

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Just read Victa's post...

Quote Originally Posted by Victa View Post
    Clutch Kit: $780
    Flywheel: $1600
    FWheel bolts: $40
    Gearbox Oil: $50
    Labour: $1100
    Clutch kit and Flywheel are seperate things? I thought that the Flywheel is part of the clutch kit..

For most cars a "Clutch Kit" is Pressure plate, Clutch plate, throwout bearing and possibly spigot bearing. Flywheel is extra, as most times the old flywheel can be reused after being machined.

However in the case of an MPS, Mazda used a "Dual mass" flywheel, which cannot be machined, therefore must be replaced if not up to scratch...

Most aftermarket kits for our cars are a conversion to a "Single mass" flywheel, so the kit includes the flywheel, but at a greater cost then an average clutch kit.

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

Thanks for that, do I need a specific part number? Or is this kind of thing "universal"

Oh yeah... these things are model specific... The part numers for the MPS 6 Exedy kits are in my clutch replacement thread.

Chris.