User Tag List

Thread: whats a good vacuum cleaner for the mazda 3 carpets

1. Default whats a good vacuum cleaner for the mazda 3 carpets

Hey guys

i have an oldschool vacuum and it just wont get them stubborn dirt out in these crappy carpets in our mazda 3's... what is a good reliable vacuum cleaner? i know the dyson ones are the best but man are they pricey is there any that do the job but cheaper?

thanks

This is what I use Family Vax

Not only is it a powerful vacuum cleaner, it has a wet and dry function. Simply mix the Vax cleaning product into the water and you can wet vacuum you seats and carpets. You can actually see dirty water flow up the tubes from penetrating the carpet and sucking the dirt out. Great for household use too. My 2 cents on vacuum cleaners anyway

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

I just use the vacs at the local jet wash.

Or pay someone

I've got a dyson. Worth every cent. Get the best one you can afford. they are all pretty much the same but the better ones are more useful around the house. I got one as a gift and honestly I can't imagine going back to a normal vac.
    I think they start around 499 these days.

I use an entry-level Nilfisk as my workshop cleaner. Nothing fancy, about $200 and enough grunt to suck a golf ball through a garden hose.
    I've found it to be much better than the car wash ones.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar69 View Post
    enough grunt to suck a golf ball through a garden hose.
    I once went out with a girl that could do that too ......anyway back to the topic

I have been told in no uncertain terms that our Dyson is to stay indoors, so I vacuum my floor & boot mats on the back deck, dyson whirring away in the back room. I have our old Meile vac for the rest of the car.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Use a brush on the carpets to unclog stubben dirt sand if caught in the fibres!!!

helps get everything out!!!

Go the Dyson, they are fantastic!

9. Default

Looks like I may go for the good old dysons.
    Is Godfreys the place to go for a vacuum cleaner as in cheap deals?

Household ducted vac! Big sucker! Beats everything else hands down! Damn near sucks the floor-pan out of the car. Just need to be careful not to chafe the hose on the concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    Household ducted vac! Big sucker! Beats everything else hands down! Damn near sucks the floor-pan out of the car. Just need to be careful not to chafe the hose on the concrete.
    I've got one of these too in the new place. Haven't used it in the car yet though. Big-arse Astrovac mounted in the garage. Loud bugger too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Godfreys is good. If it stuffs up, they'll look after you.
    Hardly Normal (etc) will fob it off to the manufacturer or distributor.

13. Default

i just had a look the godfreys site and they do not sell dysons but i may go in and see if they got other good ones... what wattage should i be looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by markeymagz View Post
    i just had a look the godfreys site and they do not sell dysons but i may go in and see if they got other good ones... what wattage should i be looking at.
    2000-2400 watts if possible. If your local Godfrey's has an adjacent carpark, they'll probably do a demo on the MPS.

15. Default

you have a Dyson and a Miele...nice. I switched my carpet to a cut pile and any old vacuum works beautifully.

BTW, I have massive vacuum envy. I have a cat that sheds like mad. Its either a new vacuum or shaved feline.

Quote Originally Posted by cousin dave View Post
    Its either a new vacuum or shaved feline.
    Nicely worded. That could have come out very differently.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar69 View Post
    Nicely worded. That could have come out very differently.

that is all...