User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fifth Gear Car Wash Test

I looked into the Gerni but picked up a Karcher that was on sale by 30 or 40% so I couldn't go past it! The short length on the hose is bloody annoying though...

On a side note...I need more APC!

Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post
    On a side note...I need more APC!
    Available after the christmas break Optimum Car Care Products Australia : Optimum Power Clean

I know what you mean about not being able to go past a sale. Especially 40%. That's almost impossible

What's it like strength-wise Joel?

Specifically in terms of using under guards.

Am currently using PoorBoys APC, and whilst it's okay, I'm finding I'm using a fair bit of it to get decent results (min 2, sometimes 3 cycles of spray, dwell, agitate, rinse)

Many of the cars I work on haven't had a decent under-guard scrub in a while, so obviously you're going to use more, and diluting to stretch the APC further doesn't seem to do much for me

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 15-12-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

They say it can be used full strength or diluted up to 3:1

I actually haven't even used it myself yet mate. We are adding it to the range based on overseas feedback and locals requesting we get it in.

Here's a review I found of a guy using it diluted 3:1 on various surfaces Optimum Powerclean Review - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum

Price wise you'll be looking at $54 for a gallon give or take a few cents.

I'm impressed with the engine bay shots considering it was zero dwell time

Normally I'd trial it with the smaller bottle, but as I've never met an Optimum product I didn't like, I will happily take it on face value. Please put me down for a 3.8lt and let me know when it comes in mate.

Cheers

Dan

The smaller retail size is coming also mate. I'll let you know when it all arrives.

For APC I'll "go large" mate

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123